i think it was the 4

Posted Image

#502 Chelichic

Chelichic

4th Line Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

Flat out Freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO Bertuzzi!!!!!!

:P

#503 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Another tough call. Not sure exactly how I feel about it.

#504 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:21 PM

Bert is a cancer much like Hossa... the team with those players will never win the cup.

I like bert sometimes but most games he just look flat out ridiculous with his arrogant style, one hand on stick, cute passing that leads to turnovers etc :ranting:

Please explain how Hossa was a cancer?
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#505 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:55 PM

Another tough call. Not sure exactly how I feel about it.

I was pretty shocked it was reversed. It look like he slightly kicked at it. I thought it was similar to Stuart's goal on Tuesday to where there was nothing absolutely conclusive to suggest something else that happened to overturn the call.

I was pretty confident that Stuart's goal was going to stand because it was initially called that way and it was too close to call. I was not confident that Bertuzzi's goal was going to stand because it was initially called a no goal and it was an iffy decision as well.

Ah well, they owe us after we got shafted against Dallas (twice). :P

As for Bertuzzi, still frustratingly inconsistent at times, but I hope the Flipper-Zetterberg-Bert line stays together for a bit. I didn't think it would work well but I'm gladly being proven wrong.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 01 April 2010 - 11:56 PM.

#506 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

I was pretty shocked it was reversed. It look like he slightly kicked at it. I thought it was similar to Stuart's goal on Tuesday to where there was nothing absolutely conclusive to suggest something else that happened to overturn the call.

I was pretty confident that Stuart's goal was going to stand because it was initially called that way and it was too close to call. I was not confident that Bertuzzi's goal was going to stand because it was initially called a no goal and it was an iffy decision as well.

Ah well, they owe us after we got shafted against Dallas (twice). :P

As for Bertuzzi, still frustratingly inconsistent at times, but I hope the Flipper-Zetterberg-Bert line stays together for a bit. I didn't think it would work well but I'm gladly being proven wrong.

I'll be honest now. I feel like after watching it again that it shouldn't have counted. At the same time, I don't feel too bad because of the crappy calls the Wings have gotten this year. There was Dallas and then Colorado I mean what the hell was that one about?

#507 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:46 AM

Please explain how Hossa was a cancer?

Didn't win the cup with pittsburgh, switched sides and didn't win the cup after that, now he switched side again and won't win the cup :hehe:

#508 Chelichic

Chelichic

4th Line Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hmmm Bertuzzi has won us yet another game... AWESOME!!!!!!!!

#509 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:48 PM

Did his SO attempt hit the post first and then off Mason? A little too close for comfort there.

#510 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

and again this thread gets bumped back up.....yikes
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#511 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

"Ugh... Take it easy on the enchiladas Byfuglien."

Posted Image

#512 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:37 PM

Yeah I was right about Bertuzzi.

:cool:

#513 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

82 GP 18G 26A 44P -7 80PIMs

Not too shabby for his price tag. I'm interested to see how Bert performs in the playoffs, surprisingly, his best and msot productive performance in the playoffs was with us in 07 with 7 points in 15 games. I just hope he simplifies his game a bit, drives the net more and gets physical in a big wayy.

#NOMOREKINDL

#514 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

82 GP 18G 26A 44P -7 80PIMs

Not too shabby for his price tag. I'm interested to see how Bert performs in the playoffs, surprisingly, his best and msot productive performance in the playoffs was with us in 07 with 7 points in 15 games. I just hope he simplifies his game a bit, drives the net more and gets physical in a big wayy.

It's weird, no matter how many times you or any of us have been saying this since Training camp, it doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#515 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

It's weird, no matter how many times you or any of us have been saying this since Training camp, it doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

He'll hit more in the playoffs but not like Dallas Drake or even Darren Helm. As long as he plays a Holmstrom like role for the 2nd line I'm happy.

#516 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:41 AM

True, but we can still hold out hope. :P

Bert had a good season for the price tag, but seriously, before the playoffs someone needs to remind him he's 6'3" and 245 lbs. He should be going through guys, not trying to go around them.

#517 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

Bertuzzi and Williams are both frustrating in the same way. They are absolute crap most of the time and then they have little flickers of brilliance and score and all of a sudden "hail Bert/Willy".

But at the end of the day, both are consistently pathetic out there, turn over pucks endlessly, and most frustrating of all, both have the tools to get the job done and don't use them. Bertuzzi is rarely going to the net and never digging pucks (I don't know how many times yesterday alone Flip was in the corner trying to get the puck away from 3 Hawks and Bertuzzi was parked 8 feet away watching) and Williams has a great shot and good maneuverability but he gets blocked or shoots wide more than any player on the team and fumbled the puck on the simplest plays.

Bertuzzi gets some slack because of his production compared to his paycheck, but lets face it, every time he sits there and watches our smaller players dig in the corners and go to the net and subsequently turns over the puck when he gets it, I feel the little brain tumor called "Todd" grow a little bit in my head.

#518 misplacedWingFan

misplacedWingFan

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:18 AM

I was never too impressed with Bertuzzi when they picked him up a few years ago and also wondered why they picked him up again. He is finally healthy now! He was on a hot streak earlier this year and he is still a presence when he is on the ice. Although I don't think the wings have that special something to win it all this year, I think they will surprise a few teams in the playoffs.

I agree that Williams is a disappointment this year...it seems as if he has lost confidence in himself.

As far as the comments on Bertuzzi, he definitely doesn't suck. He will more than likely retire within a year or two. He works well with his teammates and can plow over many players - taking out some if necessary. He may not be a premier player but he surely isn't chopped liver...he may surprise you in the playoffs!! Keep watching!

Edited by misplacedWingFan, 12 April 2010 - 08:27 AM.

#519 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

Bertuzzi and Williams are both frustrating in the same way. They are absolute crap most of the time and then they have little flickers of brilliance and score and all of a sudden "hail Bert/Willy".

But at the end of the day, both are consistently pathetic out there, turn over pucks endlessly, and most frustrating of all, both have the tools to get the job done and don't use them. Bertuzzi is rarely going to the net and never digging pucks (I don't know how many times yesterday alone Flip was in the corner trying to get the puck away from 3 Hawks and Bertuzzi was parked 8 feet away watching) and Williams has a great shot and good maneuverability but he gets blocked or shoots wide more than any player on the team and fumbled the puck on the simplest plays.

Bertuzzi gets some slack because of his production compared to his paycheck, but lets face it, every time he sits there and watches our smaller players dig in the corners and go to the net and subsequently turns over the puck when he gets it, I feel the little brain tumor called "Todd" grow a little bit in my head.

Great post, I agree with everything.... just stfu already about the production and salary, he still doesn't drive the net and is physical... 6'3 240 but play the game like the sedin twins but obviously is far from their skill level...

Edited by mindfly, 12 April 2010 - 10:51 AM.

#520 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

I was never too impressed with Bertuzzi when they picked him up a few years ago and also wondered why they picked him up again. He is finally healthy now! He was on a hot streak earlier this year and he is still a presence when he is on the ice. Although I don't think the wings have that special something to win it all this year, I think they will surprise a few teams in the playoffs.

I agree that Williams is a disappointment this year...it seems as if he has lost confidence in himself.

As far as the comments on Bertuzzi, he definitely doesn't suck. He will more than likely retire within a year or two. He works well with his teammates and can plow over many players - taking out some if necessary. He may not be a premier player but he surely isn't chopped liver...he may surprise you in the playoffs!! Keep watching!

To me Bertuzzi's hot streak earlier in the season was based on him finally doing what he had before and since been unwilling to: playing a Holmstrom role. Everything Holmstrom does every shift is what Bertuzzi has to do, but doesn't. When he was on a hot streak he was parked near the net and even retrieved a puck here and there and banged. But then he looked the stat sheet and said to himself "Wait, I have more than 12 goals, it must be 2003! Hooray I'm a superstar, here I come!".... FAIL.

Bertuzzi has to learn that he isn't helping the team by floating around the face-off circles watching the smaller and more skilled Filppula and Zetterberg go get him the puck so he can turn it over. It needs to be the other way around like it is with Homer: get to the net, leave to retrieve pucks in the corner and get it to skilled guys, return to the net, leave to provide a passing outlet down-low, give it back to the skilled players, return to the net.