• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NickA

Bertuzzi SUCKS

Rate this topic

Seemed like an obvious penalty to me. Maybe the other guy took a dive, but Bert stuck his stick out parallel to the ice and at least tried to give the other guy a tug; there was no way he wasn't getting booked for that. It was a dumb play.

Blade of the stick was on the ice, but thought it didn't even make contact with the Avs skates. Hmmm...

Searching for a video now...

I did not mention cash value in comparing Flip and Bertz. Fear of disagreeing with a Mod? It is more like basically telling him how to do his job is how I took it... NFM25 and the active mods do a good job and have to deal with a lot of BS that is a lot worse. They don't get paid for that they do. Show a little respect and shut your trap over something so damn silly.

NFM25 is a big boy and can fight his own battles without your patronizing help - maybe you ought to show him some respect and let him do his job without the peanut gallery chiming in. I'll be glad to discuss anything with him or any other mod, and I reserve the right to minimize any poster's argument by pointing out that it is irrelevant in the context of the thread, and that arguments to his effect have been unsuccessfully tried elsewhere. If it is so little and silly, why are you all pissy about it? This is a place where traps are meant to be open, so I think I will do that thanks.

NFM25 is a big boy and can fight his own battles without your patronizing help - maybe you ought to show him some respect and let him do his job without the peanut gallery chiming in. I'll be glad to discuss anything with him or any other mod, and I reserve the right to minimize any poster's argument by pointing out that it is irrelevant in the context of the thread, and that arguments to his effect have been unsuccessfully tried elsewhere. If it is so little and silly, why are you all pissy about it? This is a place where traps are meant to be open, so I think I will do that thanks.

Has nothing to do about people fighting their own battles. Look at the join dates at some of the members here, a few of us have been here a lot longer than yourself. I will not minimize your tenure here. At the same time, you need to step back and check yourself a bit more.

And with that, the discussion over this matter is done.

Edited by Rivalred

Has nothing to do about people fighting their own battles. Look at the join dates at some of the members here, a few of us have been here a lot longer than yourself. I will not minimize your tenure here. At the same time, you need to step back and check yourself a bit more.

So now you're a mod. Get over yourself. Quit being butthurt about being wrong and move on.

Edited by kook_10

Guest Crymson

Well, I searched a bit and could not come up with a replay of Bertz penalty in the final minutes of the game. If someone has it saved, I would appreciate it if they posted it.

I didn't feel it was a penalty. His stick was on the ice. That's about it, from what I could see.

Well, I searched a bit and could not come up with a replay of Bertz penalty in the final minutes of the game. If someone has it saved, I would appreciate it if they posted it.

Do you have access to Drumj's website? If so I think you can watch the whole game in the archives.

Have a link to his site? Any special access needed?

password required

BTW Sorry things got heated between us. We're all just red blooded fans. I wasn't trying to tell NFM25 what to do, in fact it didn't even occur to me to that he was a mod. I was just pointing out that Flip isn't necessarily germane to the Bert sucking argument not that anyone should move it.

Did you watch the game? That call was as textbook as they come regardless of any greater blame. It was a) a trip b) in the offensive zone c) done to deny the player a high quality rush d) stupid. If you want to whine about other non-calls that is a separate point. I don't blame him for the loss, just for another stupid penalty.

As for Flip, he has his own thread where you can challenge his $3M salary. The thread certainly needs some solid arguments to that point because there really hasn't been one made.

I agree that Bert is a bargain for his production, but that really has no bearing on anyone but himself.

First and foremost, I find it convenient that you only quoted the footnote of my post. The initial guts of it had everything to do with what I was talking about.

That being said, when someone chimes in and slightly derails a thread by knocking one Wing to make their favorite seem better, especially when they are wrong...I'm gonna call them out on it. Not every post is going to 100% only relate to the topic on hand, and I'm not about to (nor should anyone) break up a post into two threads because you thought you understood what I was talking a bout. You clearly didn't, because I wasn't really bitching about Val.

The point was the poster I was responding to called out Bert in order to make a stronger argument for Val. My response showed simply how strong Bert has been for his salary. The minor jab thrown out at Filppula was just that, a minor jab. But if you really feel that way, we could always watch every single one of your posts and dump anything within them that doesn't 100% relate to the thread title/OP at hand.

Seems pretty silly to me........

Let's paint it then. Bert's well passed the prime years of his career while Val is in the heart of his. He makes over a million dollars less than Filppula, yet he has more points. Val's got a 2 point edge in +/-, but as was just mentioned before Bert's got a 2 point advantage. Bert has rounded out his game in an area he's lacked most of his career, while Fil's PPG ratio (which we've been waiting a few years to see make a serious move) has dropped slightly.

When Kenny signed Val, he said the term and dollar amount were for his potential. So far, Val hasn't lived up to it where as Bert earned his modest raise.

We're not arguing who has had the better career, obviously Bert in his prime was better than Flip will ever be. I'm talking about who is playing better right now. Bertuzzi has been playing like s*** lately. He floats, doesn't battle and loses the puck constantly. This has nothing to do with Filppula.

I need to see the video... Damn

It was just one of those harmless little hooks that every player does, it was just the timing and the slight twist of his wrists that screwed him. In the neutral zone, backchecking on a rush the Av's pulled off in transition. Refs love calling that s***. Not saying it wasn't weak, cuz it was. But Bert knows they are gonna call him on that every time.

Edited by Broken 16

We're not arguing who has had the better career, obviously Bert in his prime was better than Flip will ever be. I'm talking about who is playing better right now. Bertuzzi has been playing like s*** lately. He floats, doesn't battle and loses the puck constantly. This has nothing to do with Filppula.

Neither was I. My point is that Bert is playing equally well if not better than Filppula who should be playing far better given the salary he was awarded for his potential and at the same time given the fact that he's in the prime of his career where as Bert's is winding down.

I don't understand how this point has been missed.

Bert is "Warm and Fuzzy" http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/wings/2011-01-10-todd-bertuzzi_N.htm

Bertz numbers http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8459444

Flipz numbers http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470047

If you really want to compare

Edited by Rivalred

That being said, when someone chimes in and slightly derails a thread by knocking one Wing

I'm derailing a Bertuzzi thread by talking about Bertuzzi? :blink:

Filppula was just on a career high matching 6 game point streak (and would have beaten it if he didn't pull his groin) with 9 points in 9 games. If I'm just playing spin the bottle for who to knock to make Filppula seem better, why didn't I do it when Filppula had 7 points in 17 games? The only one trying to misdirect anything is you. Like I said, this has nothing to do with Filppula.

Flip has 3 more goals and 2 less points in 2 less games than Bert. Let's also not forget than Bert was moved down (because he was sucking) to play with Cleary who was playing awesome before he got injured.

Edited by Z and D for the C

First off... your comparing a center to a winger. They each have very different responsibilities and roles. Second, you're comparing a youngster to an old dude. Third, your comparing players that have different salaries. And fourth... your comparison sucks.

They each are expected to bring different things to the table. Bert is more than bringing his and Flip is barely bringing his.

Edited by Broken 16

Filppula was just on a career high matching 6 game point streak (and would have beaten it if he didn't pull his groin) with 9 points in 9 games. If I'm just playing spin the bottle for who to knock to make Filppula seem better, why didn't I do it when Filppula had 7 points in 17 games? The only one trying to misdirect anything is you. Like I said, this has nothing to do with Filppula.

Flip has 3 more goals and 2 less points in 2 less games than Bert. Let's also not forget than Bert was moved down (because he was sucking) to play with Cleary who was playing awesome before he got injured.

While its true that ShanahanMan started the derail, you responded regarding Fil's play. If you can do that, anyone has the right to respond back...*especially* when my post was related to Bertuzzi's level of play given it pertains to the OP.

First off... your comparing a center to a winger. They each have very different responsibilities and roles. Second, you're comparing a youngster to an old dude. Third, your comparing players that have different salaries. And fourth... your comparison sucks.

I'm not comparing anyone. I'm saying Bert has been horrible lately.

But but but... Flip is in his prime whereas Bert isn't...

All players will have their ups and downs, especially ones who are not in their prime

Edited by Rivalred

The injuries are forcing the Wings to play a different style. Bert can't carry a line. That's not what he is paid to do. Flip on the other hand....

Don't get me wrong. I like Flip and don't want to see him gone. I love what he brings. I just don't understand why you have to slam a guy who is doing more than asked. Why did he even come into it?

Bert has a rocking 2 more points over the whole season. If I wanted to nit pick I could say that Filppula has 9 points in his last 10 while Bert only has 6 in his last 10, but that would be nit picking. Stats don't paint the entire picture.

Really? Could've fooled me.

First and foremost, I find it convenient that you only quoted the footnote of my post. The initial guts of it had everything to do with what I was talking about.

That being said, when someone chimes in and slightly derails a thread by knocking one Wing to make their favorite seem better, especially when they are wrong...I'm gonna call them out on it. Not every post is going to 100% only relate to the topic on hand, and I'm not about to (nor should anyone) break up a post into two threads because you thought you understood what I was talking a bout. You clearly didn't, because I wasn't really bitching about Val.

The point was the poster I was responding to called out Bert in order to make a stronger argument for Val. My response showed simply how strong Bert has been for his salary. The minor jab thrown out at Filppula was just that, a minor jab. But if you really feel that way, we could always watch every single one of your posts and dump anything within them that doesn't 100% relate to the thread title/OP at hand.

FWIW I wasn't asking you to split topics as much as I was trying to be snide and make a jab contrary to not only yours, but the few other posts around it which echoed the sentiment. You're entitled to dump any posts you want, but I didn't see it or mean it as a request to do so. Maybe I accidentally shouted "fire" in the theater.

To a certain degree it was bitching about Val because it was hardly an objective or thorough comparison of players and only showed where Bert excelled and Val lacked. I also understood clearly you were arguing against Val to make a stronger case for Bert. In my eyes they can both independently suck (they don't), and Bert's penalty last night sucked (as it does almost every night) but didn't cost us the game.

The injuries are forcing the Wings to play a different style. Bert can't carry a line. That's not what he is paid to do. Flip on the other hand....

Don't get me wrong. I like Flip and don't want to see him gone. I love what he brings. I just don't understand why you have to slam a guy who is doing more than asked. Why did he even come into it?

Bert is being asked to play on the second line, and he is making it worse.

Really? Could've fooled me.

I'm not trying to compare anyone. It's not me who is bringing up Filppula, I just defend him.