• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NickA

Bertuzzi SUCKS

Rate this topic

Horrible bump.

I think someone is trying to compensate for Flip having another mediocre season. Little misdirection can go a long way.

Whether this was his direct intention or not, who knows, but your blurb illustrates just how stubborn and annoying some people in here can be when it comes to their favorite players. And, on the flip side as well, with people in here having an obsessive disliking of certain players when those players aren't doing all that bad as they want to portray and so forth.

And Bertuzzi thinks that you all suck, so ha. *shrugs*

I like a lot of things about Todd Bertuzzi being on this team. However, he looks like he is pacing himself for a long season and a long post season, at a pace a younger guy would not have to do. This early season pace of his does not look good on him.

But it also looks like most of the team is doing the same thing.

They need to play all out for 60 minutes and get a winning rythym going, then rest guys by rotating others in every few games, not resting on the ice for most of a couple of periods during games.

Edited by T.Low

I don't think it's a case of Bertuzzi sucks yet.. He's had a rough start as most of the team has, but I will admit he has probably had more glaring giveaways and errors than any other player. I have started paying attention to Bert play a lot more in the last few games and, not trying to whine about officiating, I think the majority of his bad penalties are reputation calls.. I am not saying they aren't new NHL "penalties" but he seems to have a really short leash as to what he can get away with compared to a lot of other players. <_<

Edited by GSBrooks13

He's become my "DAMMIT [insert player name here]!" go-to with stupid penalties this season. I like Bert, but it's either that the refs truly are out to get him or he's just taking stupid, lazy penalties...and conspiracy theories aside, it's gotta be the latter. Needs to work on his discipline either way because the refs aren't going to stop calling him for stuff, just like they're not going to stop calling Homer for goaltender interference even when he's nowhere near the goaltender.

The way he is playing this season, someone needs to check the wording in his contract. From the looks of it, he's getting paid for each turnover and taxed by the stride, special bonus for playing with one hand on the stick and taking stupid penalties. I really don't understand how we can bench Hudler and Eaves, but never Bert. I felt for Nyquist, first big leagues game and he has to pull that sled around the rink. Completely negated that line all night.

Grab some pine, fella.

What the HELL is going on with all you people?? Just cause the Wings are going through a rough patch everyone start picking apart the team and trashing them. WTF????

You didn't know that's how it works around here? Gotta blame somebody, there is no way we could be performing poorly as a TEAM, is there? I'd be lying if I didn't say I was concerned with our lackluster play, but this is the Detroit Mother ******* Red Wings. They gotta get it going, but they know that, we know that, Babs knows that, Holland knows that. It's not worth taking years off your life b/c they lose a few games. It's not a 16 game season, so everyone chill the f*** out.

I don't mind a thread like this, as it might get Bert playing the way he should be playing: PHYSICAL! Go see a psychologist and get Steve Moore out of your head, Bert, and start running people over again, like you used to do to poor Chelios. I mean, I doubt he visits this forum, but after he started getting criticism from fans last season, he came out and kicked the s*** out of Shane O'Brien...twice, and played better overall. Fans started chanting his name, remember. It'd be nice if he could chip in with a few goals, but if not he would better serve this team as a kind of enforcer...if Holland would allow that.

What the HELL is going on with all you people?? Just cause the Wings are going through a rough patch everyone start picking apart the team and trashing them. WTF????

No. Bertuzzi sucked in the five wins too. I'm an equal opportunity proponent of the bench Bertuzzi movement.

Seriously though, he has to stop taking stupid penalties. Using your stick as a sledge hammer to slash isn't a reputation call.

He just hasn't been the same player since the incident. Maybe he was using steroids before, I am not sure, nor am I accusing him of using. But, he just hasn't been the same, he is a shadow of his former self on the ice. He cannot turn it back on... a 50 goal scorer would be wonderful to see on this team again...

He just hasn't been the same player since the incident. Maybe he was using steroids before, I am not sure, nor am I accusing him of using. But, he just hasn't been the same, he is a shadow of his former self on the ice. He cannot turn it back on... a 50 goal scorer would be wonderful to see on this team again...

Well I mean he was banned from the league for quite some time, I assume that was a big reason for his play declining.

Your right. He's not the same player that he was 8 seasons ago. Neither is Lidstrom. Should we start a Lidstrom Sucks thread because he doesn't pull 30 minutes a night without a single mistake anymore. Hell, Yzerman, Shanahan, Chelios, and Fedorov aren't the same players as they were, 8 years ago.