• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingzFan

Shocking news about Datsyuk..

Rate this topic

That's because Datsyuk doesn't have a Conn Smythe. I wish we traded him for Lang back in the day.

Search for threads regarding Datsyuk in 06-07. Datsyuk was once offered up for Olesz and picks.

Lang was too high of a return for the greedy russian.

The problem is people are expecting 100 points when hes playing with two fourth liners. Its a little unrealistic. Zetterberg was given a pass because of linemates last season but Datsyuk cannot.

oh. So this is really about Datysuk vs. Zetterberg to you.

They're both great Red Wings players. Get over it.

So we shouldn't criticize Datsyuk because Bertuzzi can't skate fast enough?

You're bent out of shape because people are criticizing your boy for underperforming, which he is.

Coming off a second consecutive 97 point season, he had 9 points in 16 playoff games, and now 6 goals and 13 assists in 23 games. It's not a bold statement to say that's less than expected.

That's not to say he's the only one or that he can't turn it around and hopefully will soon, but the reality is this has been a slow start for Dats.

Good post.

There's always an excuse for Datsyuk it seems.

This is so laughable. I thought the only reason Z ever produced was because he played with Datsyuk? Z doesn't exactly have quality finishers as linemates either. I love Danny Cleary, but he isn't exactly a sniper and Leino hasn't done anything this season.

Quit blaming Datsyuk's issues on his linemates. The entire team (especially the big guns) needs to step it up when the circumstances right now are less than ideal. The Red Wings are working hard and they just need to grind out some wins until Fil and Franzen come back and fill out the top six.

We're lucky to have both Pavel and Z. Why do we always need to pit them against each other?

Zetterberg is on pace for around 82 points. Thats not "Elite" level numbers. Hes not producing at the level hes hyped on this site. Datsyuk is playing with the two worst forwards 5 on 5 on this team. If the roles were reveresed, Zetterberg's linemates would absolutely be to blame. As they were all last season, even when he was playing with Hossa.

Good post.

There's always an excuse for Datsyuk it seems.

He seems to get the weird Manny Legace effect because he's so soft spoken or something, people treat him like he's a delicate flower. All the success is purely because of him, anything negative is because of the players he's with. It's a little ridiculous.

I'm sure Datsyuk himself would say he should be doing better. Star players carry their teams when needed. Dats is a star player.

He seems to get the weird Manny Legace effect because he's so soft spoken or something, people treat him like he's a delicate flower. All the success is purely because of him, anything negative is because of the players he's with. It's a little ridiculous.

I'm sure Datsyuk himself would say he should be doing better. Star players carry their teams when needed. Dats is a star player.

People treat Datsyuk with kid gloves? Thats laughable in comparison to the golden Swede.

Zetterberg isn't getting the same criticism because he recently came off a huge scoring streak. He was getting plenty of criticism right before we was piling up points. Datsyuk still hasn't done that. Both certainly are open to criticism though, neither has been good enough.

And neither is exactly playing with superstars. Datsyuk has nobody to set up, and Zetterberg has nobody to set him up.

Hes a playmaking center. He isn't Ilya Kovalchuk or Alexander Ovechkin. Hes one of the top three passers in the game. Apparently this news hasn't made it to you guys yet. Put Zetterberg on a line with two pylons and see how well he produces.

Oh wait, speaking of Zetterberg, hes on pace for 32 goals. No threads? No complaints? Oh right, Datsyuk is "disinterested". So much so that he literally stole the puck from Bertuzzi twice in the Calgary game to actually get something going.

This fan base in unbelievable at times.

Is it that hard to comprehend? People think this team is struggling because Datsyuk isn't his "Normal self" and think by somehow shooting more hes going to turn into a rocket richard winner. They don't mention Zetterberg not even being on pace for 40 goals or that Datsyuk is playing with two of the worst forwards on the team.

Put Thornton, Backstrom or even Spezza on a line with two fourth liners and see how well they produce.

Zetteberg

Leino

Cleary

404 viable option for winger not found..

Babcock found one line he likes and put the rest of the trash together for Datsyuk to deal with. Which hes had a history of doing. Everytime a player fits poorly due to chemistry they put him on a line with Datsyuk.

Open net? Give me some examples of Datsyuk missing wide open nets and we'll compare that to Hossa, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom doing the same.

The excuse last year for Zetterberg was his linemates. Now hes playing with better linemates and is producing. Same excuse cannot be used for Datsyuk?

90% of Holmstrom's goals are deflections or hit directly off of him. You do realize that when Holmstrom isn't with Datsyuk he plays on the fourth line correct? Hes effective at one thing and if hes not with an all star playmaking center hes no where to be found.

30 goals isn't a terrible season but its commonly said that Zetterberg is a top ten forward in this league. 30 goals isn't top ten material. I don't see any threads complaining about Zetterberg..

My argument is that one player gets a pass(Zetterberg last season) while the other has apparently just stopped trying if you read the threads.

The problem is people are expecting 100 points when hes playing with two fourth liners. Its a little unrealistic. Zetterberg was given a pass because of linemates last season but Datsyuk cannot.

Zetterberg is on pace for around 82 points. Thats not "Elite" level numbers. Hes not producing at the level hes hyped on this site. Datsyuk is playing with the two worst forwards 5 on 5 on this team. If the roles were reveresed, Zetterberg's linemates would absolutely be to blame. As they were all last season, even when he was playing with Hossa.

Thread has nothing to do with Zetterberg and everything to do with a hypocritical fan base.

This thread has nothing to do with Zetterberg??

Edited by haroldsnepsts

So the excuse you are making for Datsyuk isn't acceptable for Z? Zetterberg is on a line with Cleary and Leino for God's sake. Leino would never be in the top six if the Wings were healthy and neither would Bertuzzi. It's a wash to me if you really want to evaluate the wingers Pavel and Z are currently playing with.

What exactly is your point? Are you making more excuses for Datsyuk or is this just more of a personal vendetta against Z?

Edited by GoWings1905

So the excuse you are making for Datsyuk isn't acceptable for Z? Zetterberg is on a line with Cleary and Leino for God's sake. Leino would never be in the top six if the Wings were healthy and neither would Bertuzzi. It's a wash to me if you really want to evaluate the wingers Pavel and Z are currently playing with.

What exactly is your point? Are you making more excuses for Datsyuk or is this just more of a personal vendetta against Z?

Its actually the reverse, im using the same excuse that was used for Zetterberg last season for Datsyuk. Except Zetterberg was playing with more talented wingers last season and didn't even hit 80 points.

Its actually the reverse, im using the same excuse that was used for Zetterberg last season for Datsyuk. Except Zetterberg was playing with more talented wingers last season and didn't even hit 80 points.

I thought it had nothing to do with Zetterberg?

I'm guessing you're a young kid who's a huge Datsyuk fan. He's slumping right now, but is a super talented player. Expectations are high, as they should be. I'm sure he'll pull out of it.

When Datsyuk gets a Conn Smythe he can get as much rope as Zetterberg. Datsyuk is not good in the playoffs. And in fact Zetterberg carries Datsyuk. Datsyuk cannot do anything without relying on Zetterberg.

zetterberg and datsyuk need to play together, its so obvious that holmstrom is just not good enough and bertuzzi just sucks, im sorry for the language but he is awful

You just proved the reason why the Red Wings can't play Z and Datsyuk together. They don't have the depth up the middle to play their two best centers (and offensive talents) on the same line. When Filppula comes back, they have quite a bit more flexibility to adjust the top six.

If you take both Homer and Bertuzzi off the top line, then I assume you want Datsyuk - Z - Cleary as the top line? What is the second line then? Helm and Abdelkader can't jump up and play center in that role. Holmstrom is bad at even strength, but he becomes completely useless without one or both of the Euro Twins. Throwing him on the fourth line would be a disaster.

Edited by GoWings1905

I thought it had nothing to do with Zetterberg?

I'm guessing you're a young kid who's a huge Datsyuk fan. He's slumping right now, but is a super talented player. Expectations are high, as they should be. I'm sure he'll pull out of it.

If an excuse is good for Zetterberg or Lidstrom then it should be fine for Datsyuk. But since it never is and Datsyuk is always held to a higher standard you're going to make this a Datsyuk vs Zetterberg argument to discredit it.

Zetterberg slumped all last season and nearly every thread was filled with excuses ranging from linemates to the fact that he was a "Shut down center".

So really you just don't want to give Z any credit and make excuses for Datsyuk?

You just proved the reason why the Red Wings can't play Z and Datsyuk. They don't have the depth up the middle to play their two best centers (and offensive talents) on the same line. When Filppula comes back, they have quite a bit more flexibility to adjust the top six.

If you take both Homer and Bertuzzi off the top line, then I assume you want Datsyuk - Z -Cleary as the top line? What is the second line then? Helm and Abdelkader can't jump up and play center in that role. Holmstrom is bad at even strength, but he becomes completely useless without one or both of the Euro Twins. Throwing him on the fourth line would be a disaster.

Draper, Helm, Cleary, Abdelkader and call take faceoffs just fine.

And like I said above, you can roll three lines instead of four. The only thing holding back a D-Z-H line is Babcock. If they were winning and in the playoffs fine but they're not. Babcock doesn't like change, his record speaks for that.

So really you just don't want to give Z any credit and make excuses for Datsyuk?

Zetterberg credit for what? Being a PPG player while playing with top six wingers? Because it doesn't seem like any credit is being given to Datsyuk, who is playing with two anchors and still playing Selke hockey.

Draper, Helm, Cleary, Abdelkader and call take faceoffs just fine.

And like I said above, you can roll three lines instead of four. The only thing holding back a D-Z-H line is Babcock. If they were winning and in the playoffs fine but they're not. Babcock doesn't like change, his record speaks for that.

More to being a center than faceoffs.

If an excuse is good for Zetterberg or Lidstrom then it should be fine for Datsyuk. But since it never is and Datsyuk is always held to a higher standard you're going to make this a Datsyuk vs Zetterberg argument to discredit it.

Zetterberg slumped all last season and nearly every thread was filled with excuses ranging from linemates to the fact that he was a "Shut down center".

You have mentioned Zetterberg in nearly every single post you've made in this thread, including the last one. I'm not the one making it a Datsyuk vs. Zetterberg argument. If you've made any point in this thread, it's been how Dats is treated vs. Zetterberg.

Don't worry sparky, Dats will likely be fine. You might want to cover that chip on your shoulder.