• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingzFan

Shocking news about Datsyuk..

Rate this topic

Hes a playmaking center. He isn't Ilya Kovalchuk or Alexander Ovechkin. Hes one of the top three passers in the game. Apparently this news hasn't made it to you guys yet. Put Zetterberg on a line with two pylons and see how well he produces.

Oh wait, speaking of Zetterberg, hes on pace for 32 goals. No threads? No complaints? Oh right, Datsyuk is "disinterested". So much so that he literally stole the puck from Bertuzzi twice in the Calgary game to actually get something going.

This fan base in unbelievable at times.

Datsyuk probably should shoot more considering we don't have a viable option right now for a winger, not to mention the Powerplay is ZDH and it's been struggling aswell. Great players adapt to a team's situation especially in a time of need. That said I don't think that line is doing that bad right now. Just have to keep our head above water until Flippula's return.

umm. what?

Is it that hard to comprehend? People think this team is struggling because Datsyuk isn't his "Normal self" and think by somehow shooting more hes going to turn into a rocket richard winner. They don't mention Zetterberg not even being on pace for 40 goals or that Datsyuk is playing with two of the worst forwards on the team.

Put Thornton, Backstrom or even Spezza on a line with two fourth liners and see how well they produce.

Datsyuk probably should shoot more considering we don't have a viable option right now for a winger, not to mention the Powerplay is ZDH and it's been struggling aswell. Great players adapt to a team's situation especially in a time of need. That said I don't think that line is doing that bad right now. Just have to keep our head above water until Flippula's return.

Zetteberg

Leino

Cleary

404 viable option for winger not found..

Babcock found one line he likes and put the rest of the trash together for Datsyuk to deal with. Which hes had a history of doing. Everytime a player fits poorly due to chemistry they put him on a line with Datsyuk.

Datsyuk's goal scoring struggles started in the playoffs last season. He was playing with Hossa and Homer back then. They also paired him with Franzen and Flip at times. Hardly pylons.

He's scored 30 goals the last several seasons, but this year, his goal scoring numbers are way down.

There's nothing wrong with fans calling out a star player when he and the team are struggling. If we're going to kiss his ass all the time and mention him as possibly the best player in the world, we should be allowed to point out a few flaws from time to time. A lot of the chances he's missing on are good chances, and Bertuzzi and Homer can't be blamed for each time Datsyuk misses an open net.

Datsyuk has had 30+ goals 2 years in a row.. sure he is mainly a playmaker, sure he has 2 pylons to carry around, but did you not watch him last year? He doesn't need much help out there when he is himself.

Hes beating two or three players at a time, passing the puck and setting up his wingers. Hes also playing great defense. By all means he is "Himself". The difference being, hes playing with two slow fore checkers and Bertuzzi has zero vision when it comes to passing the puck.

So basically you're asking the guy to play 1 on 3 and score all the goals, while Holmstrom camps out and Bertuzzi turns over the puck the second he gets it.

Putting Eaves or Helm on the top line would allow Datsyuk to at least get open.

Is it that hard to comprehend? People think this team is struggling because Datsyuk isn't his "Normal self" and think by somehow shooting more hes going to turn into a rocket richard winner. They don't mention Zetterberg not even being on pace for 40 goals or that Datsyuk is playing with two of the worst forwards on the team.

Put Thornton, Backstrom or even Spezza on a line with two fourth liners and see how well they produce.

Not even on pace for 40 goals? Last year only 8 players in the entire NHL scored 40 goals. You say that as if 30 goals is a terrible season. Datsyuk is playing with two of the worst forwards on the team? Last time I checked Holmstrom is tied for the team lead in goals scored. I know he isn't on pace for 40 so by your definition he is terrible but I think most people would consider 10 goals at this point in the season to be pretty good.

Datsyuk's goal scoring struggles started in the playoffs last season. He was playing with Hossa and Homer back then. They also paired him with Franzen and Flip at times. Hardly pylons.

He's scored 30 goals the last several seasons, but this year, his goal scoring numbers are way down.

There's nothing wrong with fans calling out a star player when he and the team are struggling. If we're going to kiss his ass all the time and mention him as possibly the best player in the world, we should be allowed to point out a few flaws from time to time. A lot of the chances he's missing on are good chances, and Bertuzzi and Homer can't be blamed for each time Datsyuk misses an open net.

Open net? Give me some examples of Datsyuk missing wide open nets and we'll compare that to Hossa, Bertuzzi and Holmstrom doing the same.

The excuse last year for Zetterberg was his linemates. Now hes playing with better linemates and is producing. Same excuse cannot be used for Datsyuk?

Hes beating two or three players at a time, passing the puck and setting up his wingers. Hes also playing great defense. By all means he is "Himself". The difference being, hes playing with two slow fore checkers and Bertuzzi has zero vision when it comes to passing the puck.

So basically you're asking the guy to play 1 on 3 and score all the goals, while Holmstrom camps out and Bertuzzi turns over the puck the second he gets it.

Putting Eaves or Helm on the top line would allow Datsyuk to at least get open.

Eaves is a viable option, but I have a better scoring touch than Helm does, frankly. I would never put Helm on a line with a playmaker, especially the first line.

Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but if he was trying to hit a barn from five yards away, he'd turn around and shoot the puck in the opposite direction.

Eaves at least has a good shot and some speed. I just don't know if he can play at a top line level.

Zetteberg

Leino

Cleary

404 viable option for winger not found..

Babcock found one line he likes and put the rest of the trash together for Datsyuk to deal with. Which hes had a history of doing. Everytime a player fits poorly due to chemistry they put him on a line with Datsyuk.

Oh hey that's our second line. /facepalm

Not even on pace for 40 goals? Last year only 8 players in the entire NHL scored 40 goals. You say that as if 30 goals is a terrible season. Datsyuk is playing with two of the worst forwards on the team? Last time I checked Holmstrom is tied for the team lead in goals scored. I know he isn't on pace for 40 so by your definition he is terrible but I think most people would consider 10 goals at this point in the season to be pretty good.

90% of Holmstrom's goals are deflections or hit directly off of him. You do realize that when Holmstrom isn't with Datsyuk he plays on the fourth line correct? Hes effective at one thing and if hes not with an all star playmaking center hes no where to be found.

30 goals isn't a terrible season but its commonly said that Zetterberg is a top ten forward in this league. 30 goals isn't top ten material. I don't see any threads complaining about Zetterberg..

Oh hey that's our second line. /facepalm

Thats the point, we're currently a one line team. A one line team that faces other teams second pairing defenseman. Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom faces the other teams shutdown line and first pairing d-men. They're getting shut down completely and Babcock isn't mixing up the lines whatso ever.

This.

He needs to step it up, as does Zettterberg and Lidstrom. But the reality is, Datsyuk's play has been more noticeably down. If he is one of the best in the league, which I think he is, then he should be held to that standard like everybody else.

The last two seasons when he scored 97 points, did you attribute that success to his wingers? When he's good, it's all him, but when he's not it's his wingers fault? You can't have it both ways.

Don't get your knickers in a twist just because some people are criticizing your favorite player.

ok so your argument is that we should create more threads complaining about Zetterberg, our leading point scorer?

Noted.

My argument is that one player gets a pass(Zetterberg last season) while the other has apparently just stopped trying if you read the threads.

Thats the point, we're currently a one line team. A one line team that faces other teams second pairing defenseman. Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom faces the other teams shutdown line and first pairing d-men. They're getting shut down completely and Babcock isn't mixing up the lines whatso ever.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk cannot play every shift together. We don't have the center depth for that until Flippula comes back, even then Babcock doesn't like to use them together. The Zetterberg-Cleary is clicking, there is no use breaking it up. And there no no other viable options for a winger outside maybe Eaves but he was sat a game for something.

There aren't many options, we just have to have a better PP with the ZDH line. That's all.

This.

He needs to step it up, as does Zettterberg and Lidstrom. But the reality is, Datsyuk's play has been more noticeably down. If he is one of the best in the league, which I think he is, then he should be held to that standard like everybody else.

The last two seasons when he scored 97 points, did you attribute that success to his wingers? When he's good, it's all him, but when he's not it's his wingers fault? You can't have it both ways.

Don't get your knickers in a twist just because some people are criticizing your favorite player.

Datsyuk's play over the last three years has been with various wingers. From Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Hossa and even fourth liners.

All he needs to produce is speedy wingers. Nothing more, we've seen this in the past.

If anyone would put Bertuzzi and Holmstrom in the "Speedy winger" category they're just trolling.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk cannot play every shift together. We don't have the center depth for that until Flippula comes back, even then Babcock doesn't like to use them together. The Zetterberg-Cleary is clicking, there is no use breaking it up. And there no no other viable options for a winger outside maybe Eaves but he was sat a game for something.

There aren't many options, we just have to have a better PP with the ZDH line. That's all.

Leino is also giving Zetterberg some really nice passes, as well as crashing the net with Cleary.

It's a complete waste to use Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line, which a lot of people don't seem to understand.

We have no depth at center without Filppula because we have to use Abdelkader, and our normal fourth line (Helm's line) is moved to our third line. Not that Abdelkader is bad—quite the opposite—but he should still be in GR leading that team and getting his scoring touch perfected.

I honestly don't see why so many people are obsessed with ZDH, it'd be much better to see Franzen-Dats-Homer and Leino-Z-Cleary. Those are much more balanced lines, and much better overall.

We're not Anaheim, we can't run our top like 29+ minutes a night.

We have players in Grand Rapids, we have fourth liners who could make a case for being the fastest player in the league but the only option is Bertuzzi and Holmstrom?

Babcock doesn't like change, everyone knows this. So much so that he'll never even put Datsyuk and Zetterberg together until its too late and the game is out of reach.

Its a little ridiculous to blame a player when hes not been given any other opportunity. If Datsyuk were brutal with various line combinations sure but hes only been played with Bert and Holmstrom. Hes looked really well on the PP playing with top end talent.

My argument is that one player gets a pass(Zetterberg last season) while the other has apparently just stopped trying if you read the threads.

I do read the threads. Actually there is one going where many posters claim Datsyuk as the best defensive forward in the league. You make it seem like every Wings fan is bashing Datsyuk, and that just is not the case.

You have stated he is struggling because of his linemates... well there are already about 30492323 topics on this... or maybe you haven't had a chance to check those yet seeing as how you have been a member here for less than an hour, and have spent your time creating baseless threads about how us fans aren't complaining enough about Zetterberg.

Also, the title to this thread is tactless, we don't want to see that and worry for a few seconds that another star player is hurt.

We have players in Grand Rapids, we have fourth liners who could make a case for being the fastest player in the league but the only option is Bertuzzi and Holmstrom?

You want to put a guy with no scoring touch with a playmaker? Do you have any knowledge of hockey at all?

Had you said Eaves, fine. Helm? Really? Helm is fast and creates a lot of opportunities, but he's got a terrible scoring touch.

Everyone who watched the last game (St Louis) saw that.