• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingzFan

Shocking news about Datsyuk..

Rate this topic

More to being a center than faceoffs.

This team is full of bottom six defensive forwards. You can trap teams to death, if you're not scoring you're not winning.

Having Datsyuk and Zetterberg split is completely unecessary.

If an excuse is good for Zetterberg or Lidstrom then it should be fine for Datsyuk. But since it never is and Datsyuk is always held to a higher standard you're going to make this a Datsyuk vs Zetterberg argument to discredit it.

Zetterberg slumped all last season and nearly every thread was filled with excuses ranging from linemates to the fact that he was a "Shut down center".

That's not an excuse -- it's the absolute truth. Zetterberg plays against the opponent's top line both regular season and playoffs. Which center was out there every shift against Nash in the first round, then the Getzlaf line, Toews/Kane in the WCF and shutdown Crosby in the finals?

Datsyuk was invisible during the playoffs, injury or not. I reckon that was because of his linemates right?

That's not an excuse -- it's the absolute truth. Zetterberg plays against the opponent's top line both regular season and playoffs. Which center was out there every shift against Nash in the first round, then the Getzlaf line, Toews/Kane in the WCF and shutdown Crosby in the finals?

Datsyuk was invisible during the playoffs, injury or not. I reckon that was because of his linemates right?

Hossa doesn't have NHL caliber speed. :ph34r:

Zetterberg didn't shutdown Getzlaf.. he out scored him.

Datsyuk plays against the other teams top defenseman and shutdown unit. Zetterberg plays with Lidstrom and faces the other teams top line.

And no, Datsyuk injuries prevented him from scoring in the playoffs. What prevented Zetterberg scoring over 90 points in the regular season?

Zetterberg credit for what? Being a PPG player while playing with top six wingers? Because it doesn't seem like any credit is being given to Datsyuk, who is playing with two anchors and still playing Selke hockey.

When did Ville Leino become a top six winger? I haven't witnessed any evidence to prove that is the case. Kris Draper has more goals than Leino.

This dude needs a suspension or something for the way he worded the thread title. My heart skipped a beat when I read "shocking news about Datsyuk."

No kidding. I think there should be a rule like you can't start a thread until you have been a member for at least a week or something too.

Hossa doesn't have NHL caliber speed. :ph34r:

Datsyuk had the best season of his career last year statistically, won a Selke, finished third in Pearson and MVP voting. Now hes playing with two fourth liners and isn't on pace for 80 points. I think its safe to say that linemates affect every player.

But of course it doesn't apply because player speed has nothing to do with their ability.

Edited by WingzFan

No kidding. I think there should be a rule like you can't start a thread until you have been a member for at least a week or something too.

Ive been a "member" of this site for longer than 95% of the posters.

Datsyuk had the best season of his career last year statistically, won a Selke, finished third in Pearson and MVP voting. Now hes playing with two fourth liners and isn't on pace for 80 points. I think its safe to say that linemates effect every player.

But of course it doesn't apply because player speed has nothing to do with their ability.

Playoffs?

Draper, Helm, Cleary, Abdelkader and call take faceoffs just fine.

And like I said above, you can roll three lines instead of four. The only thing holding back a D-Z-H line is Babcock. If they were winning and in the playoffs fine but they're not. Babcock doesn't like change, his record speaks for that.

I don't care if they win every faceoff they take.

This is the second line center position we are discussing.

Three games vs the rest of the season.

I seem to recall Zetterberg being "off" all season and the endless excuses that followed.

He showed up when it mattered (like he always does).

Z carries the Red Wings April through June. I'll take that every time over gaudy numbers in the middle of January.

Ive been a "member" of this site for longer than 95% of the posters.

I should have known, your lack of logic and incredible ability to ramble fits right in! :P

Seriously though what are we suppose to be talking about on this thread? Is it like Datsyuk vs Zetterberg? Or Holmstrom and Bertuzzi suck?

He showed up when it mattered (like he always does).

Z carries the Red Wings April through June. I'll take that every time over gaudy numbers in the middle of January.

Those "guady numbers" allow the team to make the playoffs. You also fail to mention Datsyuk's playoff runs in 06, 07, 08. But I forgot.. choke artist.

I should have known, your lack of logic and incredible ability to ramble fits right in! :P

Seriously though what are we suppose to be talking about on this thread? Is it like Datsyuk vs Zetterberg? Or Holmstrom and Bertuzzi suck?

Lets discuss just how overrated and over paid Nicklas Lidstrom is.

Those "guady numbers" allow the team to make the playoffs. You also fail to mention Datsyuk's playoff runs in 06, 07, 08. But I forgot.. choke artist.

Where is his Conn Smythe? I don't recall him ever getting one? Guess he wasn't the most important player for the Wing's... Tough for you to swallow eh?

Please, while Datsyuk's numbers are incredibly impressive -- the Red Wings were never in any jeopardy of not making the playoffs those years.

Datsyuk has had some solid playoff years, but Zetterberg has been better. The Red Wings don't win the Stanley Cup in 2008 without Z's dominance at both ends of the ice (good time to mention that Conn Smythe).

Edited by GoWings1905

Where is his Conn Smythe? I don't recall him ever getting one? Guess he wasn't the most important player for the Wing's... Tough for you to swallow eh?

Its as ridiculous an argument as suggesting that Yzerman ever wins without Fedorov. No Datsyuk, no cup. No Fedorov, no cups.

Zetterberg didn't win anything by himself and as a matter of fact has never been a superstar without playing with Datsyuk.

Its as ridiculous an argument as suggesting that Yzerman ever wins without Fedorov. No Datsyuk, no cup. No Fedorov, no cups.

Zetterberg didn't win anything by himself and as a matter of fact has never been a superstar without playing with Datsyuk.

No one is saying Datsyuk didn't help. But he wasn't as good as Zetterberg or Lidstrom. He doesn't raise his game to the levels of Zetterberg when they matter. At least not yet.

What the hell is going on here. First, you scare the s*** out of everyone with that title, then you proceed to defend Datsyuk like you guys are frickin' related, and then claim your credibility by saying you have been around longer then everyone.

Settle down, the guys not producing and people are starting to worry. Its happened to every Red Wing. We all still love Pavel, and deep down we know he will still finish with 80+ points.