• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DetroitWhat

Kane,Toews and Keith re-signed

Rate this topic

Burish, Fraser, Brouwer, Bickell, Eager.

Not to mention the Hawks have a stacked farm system.

I would hope so. They have been a joke of a franchise for the better part of a decade.

Burish, Fraser, Brouwer, Bickell, Eager.

Not to mention the Hawks have a stacked farm system.

Brouwer is the only one you have signed.

Granted it may be a good thing, because those players didn't do much when the Wing's destroyed you guys last playoffs. So you may be better off getting new blood.

I would hope so. They have been a joke of a franchise for the better part of a decade.

After reading about their off-season circus, they still are a joke. That team seems to be filled with a lot of drama. Hawks have a 1 year window to win the cup this year and I'm not convinced they can pull it off. Then again, TB Lightning won the cup, so you can't rule them out either. Guess it really depends on how healthy they are and how injured other teams are.

After reading about their off-season circus, they still are a joke. That team seems to be filled with a lot of drama. Hawks have a 1 year window to win the cup this year and I'm not convinced they can pull it off. Then again, TB Lightning won the cup, so you can't rule them out either. Guess it really depends on how healthy they are and how injured other teams are.

I feel like I should be paying to read your posts. Very entertaining.

I feel like I should be paying to read your posts. Very entertaining.

Granted it may be a good thing, because those players didn't do much when the Wing's destroyed you guys last playoffs. So you may be better off getting new blood.

No, it depends on healthy the wings are come playoff time if the Hawks want a chance :D

That's nice.

What are you bragging about? You lost in the Finals.

Considering we bounced the Hawks in the WCF's... I'd say we have every right to brag in this instance. Now shoo fly.

Edited by Broken 16

How can they sign these guys with out being over next season? If the numbers are right this is what they are looking at right now

PLAYER BONUS CAP HIT

FORWARDS

* Jonathan Toews — $6,300,000

* Patrick Kane — $6,300,000

Marian Hossa — $5,275,000

Patrick Sharp — $3,900,000

Dave Bolland — $3,375,000

Kris Versteeg — $3,083,333

Dustin Byfuglien — $3,000,000

Tomas Kopecky — $1,200,000

Troy Brouwer — $1,025,000

Dan Bertram ($65,000) $850,000

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Campbell — $7,142,875

* Duncan Keith — $5,500,000

Brent Seabrook — $3,500,000

Cam Barker — $3,083,333

Brent Sopel — $2,333,333

GOALTENDERS

Cristobal Huet — $5,625,000

BUYOUTS

NONE

LOST VIA REENTRY WAIVERS

NONE

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER SIZE 16

SALARY CAP $56,800,000

PAYROLL $61,492,874

BONUSES $65,000

CAP SPACE $-4,627,87

Thats with 5 players (min) needed, and assuming the cap doesn't go down.

Edited by Shaman464

I disagree with the 1 year window. They have Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith locked up next year. That is a scary good core the hawks have.

Who knows though, maybe the hawks gameplan is to win the cup in the next 2-3 years and sink into oblivion again for another 50 years. :lol:

Edited by Statts

I disagree with the 1 year window. They have Kane, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook, Keith locked up next year. That is a scary good core the hawks have.

Who knows though, maybe the hawks gameplan is to win the cup in the next 2-3 years and sink into oblivion again for another 50 years. :lol:

If (HUGE IF) they ship out Huet for a budget goalie, and with their defense not being the best in the league, I don't see how they can do well in the playoffs. Pittsburgh beat the Wings not only because of a good group of young forwards, they beat the Wings because Flower was able to make the big saves game 6 and 7. I see them having a lot more in common with Tampa than with Pittsburgh.

Considering we bounced the Hawks in the WCF's... I'd say we have every right to brag in this instance. Now shoo fly.

OOOO Western Conference champs. Lost in the finals. At least you have a prayer of making it back there this year.

I just went through Hawks roster and I really don't see anyone of interest. Maybe Seabrook or Ladd. I can't believe they're paying Madden nearly $3 mil and Kopecky $1.2. It reinforces the fact that Wings got killer (almost obscene) deals on players like Draper ($1.5), Cleary ($2.8) and Franzen ($3.9).

who can Chicago move to give them 4 million in cap space they need to not get hit by the tagging rule? No one will eat Huet or Campbell without taking atleast 90% of their cap hit back in return.

So who do they move?

who can Chicago move to give them 4 million in cap space they need to not get hit by the tagging rule? No one will eat Huet or Campbell without taking atleast 90% of their cap hit back in return.

So who do they move?

Sharp is making 3.9ish or something.

But Fibs thinks the cap is getting increased to 70 million so they'll just sign everyone.

OOOO Western Conference champs. Lost in the finals. At least you have a prayer of making it back there this year.

Won in the finals in 97, 98, 02, and 08... and the last team that your mighty blackhawks will want to play is the HEALTHY wings in the first round... I will take Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, and Lidstrom over Kane, Toews, Hossa, and Keith anyday

So who do they move?

Sharp and Burish or Seabrook and Burish...