• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shaman

Lebda and Meech

Rate this topic

Both of them are subpar 7th d-men at best, neither give the wings better play than players like Janik in the AHL, they both seem to lose control of the puck, pinch in, do something bone headed at the wrong possible points of the game. Is it time for the Wings to ship them off/waive them/whatever and give other players a chance to show that they aren't worse than they are?

Both of them are subpar 7th d-men at best, neither give the wings better play than players like Janik in the AHL, they both seem to lose control of the puck, pinch in, do something bone headed at the wrong possible points of the game. Is it time for the Wings to ship them off/waive them/whatever and give other players a chance to show that they aren't worse than they are?

Who are these other players?

Who are these other players?

At this point Janik and Kindl both deserve some NHL time, Janik because hes done well in his past call ups and is a vet and Kindl since hes out of options next year and needs a chance to get a feel for the big show.

I would rather have Janik up full-time for sure - Kindl still makes me nervous, but I am getting so sick of Lebda, and Meech has been a big disappointment.

Edited by egroen

Sounds more like Ericsson to me.

Watch Lebda, HE ALWAYS PINCHES. He did it 3 times this game alone, and in the past its caused odd man rushes that lead to good scoring chances and goals against.

I agree completely. Meech was absolutely horrendous tonight. He really doesn't deserve to be on the team. and now Ericsson's hurt....so where does that leave us? How come Lebda never gets hurt? Why only our good players?

I agree completely. Meech was absolutely horrendous tonight. He really doesn't deserve to be on the team. and now Ericsson's hurt....so where does that leave us? How come Lebda never gets hurt? Why only our good players?

Because you usually only get injured when you do s***.

I really want to at least see Janik replacing one of these guys. He brings a liljaesque presence with a bit more toughness and with tme could improve to be a better Lilja(remember how bad Lilja was when he came here) Kindl maybe not quite yet but Janik I think should for sure be up by now.

Meech was getting blown over if someone even breathed on him tonight, that wouldn't happen to Janik

I want Janik. He's an older veteran guy with smart defence and grit. Something we have not alot of on the backend.

Yep exactly and im talking right now against NJ.

Kindl i can understand if they don't want to keep him up at the moment.

But Janik needs to be in that lineup saturday over either Lebda or Meech.

We need someone stable, stay-at-home, don't do to much, just make the safe play type guy and Janik is it.

Edited by Yak19

Meech looked embarrassing out there. I felt bad for whoever was on the ice with him at any given time.

The d-men were terrible tonight. Now would be a great time for a Brent Sutter-type practice where they learn to battle for the puck.

I really want to at least see Janik replacing one of these guys. He brings a liljaesque presence with a bit more toughness and with tme could improve to be a better Lilja(remember how bad Lilja was when he came here) Kindl maybe not quite yet but Janik I think should for sure be up by now.

Meech was getting blown over if someone even breathed on him tonight, that wouldn't happen to Janik

:lol: Remember that hit in the first period where the guy basically threw Meech 2 feet when Meech tried to battle him for the puck?

In all seriousness, though, the problem here is that Holland can't afford to sacrifice the depth Lebda/Meech provide. Lebda will not be re-signed this summer unless he wants to play for the same salary and is ok being used as the #7 guy. Meech makes less than the current league minimum so it's hard to dump a guy who gives you that kind of cap advantage.

I doubt Kindl will stay in Detroit. Once everyone is healthy he'd have to beat Lebda out for the #6 spot. BUT he'd be the 6th rookie on the team, which is something Holland will want to avoid at all costs.