• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Malum

The Source Of Datsyuk’s Problems ?

Rate this topic

Seems like I read a piece about Datsyuk about when he first came here. He was very lonely; couldn't speak English at all; didn't think he wanted to be here...but he either met his wife while all this crap was going on or fell in love with her during all of that. He felt she was his lifesaver, his anchor (in a good way!). So, maybe that's part of what's happening. Just a thought.

Guest Lidstromboli
I would say the majority of football players and their wives are American, and they are all culturally American... in Hockey, a good amount of players are European, a completely different culture from the United States... I mean, i can see how his wife might not like it here, especially after growing up in Russia.

not the same football he's talking about..

I don't trust any author that sucks at English as bad as that one does.

It's more likely that he's just tired from all the years of playoffs than having problems with his wife because she "doesn't not like Detroit".

I would say the majority of football players and their wives are American, and they are all culturally American... in Hockey, a good amount of players are European, a completely different culture from the United States... I mean, i can see how his wife might not like it here, especially after growing up in Russia.

He's talking about the 0-0 snooze fest that we call soccer.

Seems like I read a piece about Datsyuk about when he first came here. He was very lonely; couldn't speak English at all; didn't think he wanted to be here...but he either met his wife while all this crap was going on or fell in love with her during all of that. He felt she was his lifesaver, his anchor (in a good way!). So, maybe that's part of what's happening. Just a thought.

He met her in Russia.

Look, assuming this has a kernel of truth (which is a stretch) it may not be as simple as "she doesn't like it in Detroit." That could be sugar coating it. Maybe they're having some more personal problems? Maybe a family member is sick? Simply not liking it in Detroit is not enough of a reason to throw someone off a game, but REAL family problems could be.

Wow, the level of immaturity shown by multiple posters in this thread is truly staggering. It makes me wonder

a) The age of many of the posters here

and

b) Whether the ones who are old enough to know better have ever actually been in a real relationship with a woman.

We don't know that its true, but it would explain a lot. I don't care how much money you earn, you're still human, and if you're having problems with the missus, it DOES affect you at work. Trust me, I've seen it myself far too often.

Pavel seems like the kind of quiet "nice-guy" who would internalise all this and carry it around with him, so I can believe it would affect his play [/pseudo psychoanalysis]

Professional sports players are married to the sport they love. If any woman truly loved her man she would understand that and deal with the sacrifices of the situation… that’s one reason why they make so much damn money.

But my guess is that most of the women are probably after their money. Foreign women learn the “America way†very quickly…. Trust me on that one. Most professional player’s careers only average about 10 years or so. So for 10 years when you are trying to focus on the sport you love why would put up with a nagging ***** unless you desperately want to have kids right away. It would be less expensive in the long run and a lot less headaches if you had a surrogate mother and a nanny if it is the family you want. You could do what you want, go where you want when you want to, have the male and female friends you want and answer to nobody…… except the coach and management of the team…LOL

I find this a little hard to swallow. I don't think it's true. And I don't think he'd go back to Russia - I really think he wants to stay here.

I don't know if you remember when he signed that contract to play in Russia after the lockout, but if you saw pictures of him then, he didn't look like very happy at all. He'd supposedly signed this contract for big bucks, but he looked absolutely miserable. When he got back here, the light was back in his eyes and he looked immensely happier.

I know something's up, but I also think whatever it is, he'll work it out. I have faith.

Very possible. Imagine if his wife knows even less English than Dats. Let's face it, Detroit is not the nicest place to live. And if there isn't a Russian community in Detroit for her to hang out with, Dats is travelling all the time, it could feel like hell for her, no matter how much hubby is making. For all those Russian Rubles, maybe she can treat Detroit as a home for 8 months of the year and go back to Russia in the off season.

I don't know if you remember when he signed that contract to play in Russia after the lockout, but if you saw pictures of him then, he didn't look like very happy at all. He'd supposedly signed this contract for big bucks, but he looked absolutely miserable. When he got back here, the light was back in his eyes and he looked immensely happier

I seem to remember that as well. Dats and Z are close friends, and Dats doesn't really have ANYTHING in Russia (he's an orphan remember)

So she's okay with the place then?!

Sounds like rubbish. He earns 7m a year. I'm sure the wife can cope.

If not, throw her in the gulag!

Play modern warfare 2 much? LoL. Maybe Pavs and captain price will have a good friendship : P

If this is true, he should go to the Islanders - lots of Russians in Queens and Long Island. If you are making 7 million or 70,000, if your wife is miserable it takes a toll.

However, I think other mates be the source of his troubles and frustration - LINE mates.

I remember reading in the preseason that his wife was staying in Russia with his kid for the season (supposedly so that the kid could get a russian education). I can see how that would start to break a guy down. You barely see your family, and you're not meeting your own expectations on the ice.

I know I'll get flamed, but Pavel has claimed that he wants to play in Russia before he's totally done. If this situation gets bad enough, we could be looking at him heading to the KHL because of his family life sooner than later. :(

I am blown away at how much ppl know about his personal life. At least ppl offered some interesting perspective.

I try to never throw personal insults, but this is quite possibly one of the STUPIDEST things I've EVER read!

Professionals are still people. Try being married to a woman who HATES where you live, HATES the team you play and is a CONSTANT ***** for days, weeks, YEARS on end. Being a married man, I know, it's ******* horrible. When you know that you're doing what you love, and the woman you love is criticizing every aspect of the place you play... you start to hate everything.

If this really is the problem... it could become a very, VERY serious issue for us, especially with the KHL just picking up players from the NHL, even players who already have contracts in the NHL....

Pronger left Edmonton for exactly the same reason, btw. His wife hated the cold so he went to Anaheim... (wonder how she likes Philly...)

Speaking of knowing too much about ppl's personal lives; the reason why Pronger left Edmonton was because he was cheating on his wife with an early 20 something and she supposedly got pregnant. Progner's wife made him chose between her and paying the girl off or getting a divorce. Part of the deal was that they had to leave Edmonton so they'd never have to deal with the girl again.

well for a Russian speaking person, Detroit isn't exactly the best place to live... NYC, NJ, Miami, LA, Chicago and then maybe Boston, Philly, DC much better fit...

I don't see how her nagging would impact his play even if she nags, which I doubt. I can see it more being like either we move or I am out. That could really screw him up. I think it is bull s*** though to be honest...

No, but he secretly loves her.

In all seriousness though, he talked about being really lonely here and wants nothing more than a girlfriend.

Why didn't he tell us ?

I mean if all Leino needs to be productive is a gf I think we can probably hook him up.

LGW's version of E-harmony if you will, we will base our matches off how many points he puts up.

Hell he can have an entire harem if he puts up 30 goals.