• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
XxGoWingsxX

Ericsson Upbeat about injury

Rate this topic

I'm so sick of "needing retribution" for a clean hit. When did this become standard in the NHL? Did I miss something over the last 5 years? It's one thing to go after a guy for a dirty hit, but another to go after someone after a clean hit. This seems to be happening on a regular basis and it's ridiculous.

It's been like this for as long as I can remember. In a time before time they might send their biggest nastiness goon out to seek justice, but that kind of thing is much more controlled now. But this kind of reaction to a hit is certainly nothing new.

So who on the Wings is going to sort Doan out?

Doan could hold his own or win against anyone on the Wings roster and I don't think any of the players even think it is anything that deserves a confrontation. Some of Doan's recent fights. Not against fighters but some pretty tough players.

Next question is with the injuries the Wings already have do they really want to go down this road? They are simply not built for the rough game.

Doan could hold his own or win against anyone on the Wings roster and I don't think any of the players even think it is anything that deserves a confrontation. Some of Doan's recent fights. Not against fighters but some pretty tough players.

Next question is with the injuries the Wings already have do they really want to go down this road? They are simply not built for the rough game.

If they want fight Doan, I'm all for it, but to think he needs to be "dealt with" or the Wings need to "send him a message" is absurd when (1) Doan isn't a jerk with an attitude problem, (2) the hit/incident wasn't dirty, and (3) hockey is a phyiscal game and unforutnate stuff like this happens sometimes.

It happened, it sucks, quit making the situation something it isn't by overhyping it (not saying you are specifically) deal with it, move on.

If the hit had been dirty and if Doan had (for example) said something like, "I'm sick of talking about Ericsson. No one ever heard of him before this. I made him famous. The kid owes me." and then crushed his beer can and threw it in the trash as though to convey his thoughts of Jonny, then I'd be calling for his head in the future.

Instead he checked to make sure that Ericsson was ok and expressed regret about the outcome of a clean hit.

If we must get all hot and bothered about retribution (and I do like getting hot and bothered about retribution), someone still needs to lay out Pronger for the hit on Homer and his "I can't control my elbows because I'm so tall- blame it on physics" quote.

Ah, how sweet. <_< Doan should apologize to Ericsson on the set of Sesame Street while he's at it. That will make it all O.K.

Seriously, you need to jump on the "Doan needs a beating" bandwagon.

f*** doan, i hope someone takes his head off next time we play them

:thumbup:

That's my boy.

Hah! Lilja or May would eat all those guys for lunch.

Bertuzzi also could, but his retributions tend to be a little too severe. We just need to send Doan a little message the next game, but nothing too crazy. Hopefully, Ericsson will be back and will challenge him personally.

Wow. Some people are pretty pathetic. It was a clean hit. Get over it. Again, Doan's a classy hockey player and it goes even further when you hear he was checking up after with the Wings trainer. Some of you just need to grow up.

Once again it's alot easier for us sitting at home in front of a large screen HDTV with instant replay (or in my case a dvr that can rewind) to see if the hit was clean, or dirty...From the eyes of a player on the ice - it's a totally different world out there as to how they interpret these hits.

As for needing retribution for a clean hit - ever heard of Wayne Gretzky?

And the guy who was ON THE ICE said he didn't think it was dirty.

Honestly, respect the hit for f***s sake. I'd probably smack some guy in the face with my stick if he tried to sucker me into a fight for a clean hit games beforehand.

GMR: If you want someone to beat his ass for the sake of beating his ass then fine. I don't think there is any need for "justice" to mean old Doan who committed a legal play on another player.

GMR, you know I'm a fight-happy, pro-enforcer, ass-kick-lovin' old hag. When I say there's no need to get vengeance for this hit, it doesn't mean I don't want to see fighting, I just think that there's no need to make him a priority.

Clean hit, respect for the health of his opponent. Doan's a classy guy. If he gets a beating during the course of a game, I'll be cheering with the best of them. I'm just saying that if we start a head-hunting list of jerks who have done this team wrong, he won't be on it. There are bigger fish in the sea than Doan for that purpose.

When next we play them, if he gets nailed, he gets nailed. If not, it's not like we have a deep wound festering.

I have a lot of guys on my hit-list that are more worthy of a beating.