• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

Brodeur Breaks Sawchucks Record!

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

brodeur broke sawchucks record tonight! they beat the pens 4-0!

congradts to brodeur! 104 !! wooo :)

<---- The exact reason Mr. Sawchuk is my avatar. IMO, still the best goalie to ever play the game.

No question. I've always said that if I could have ONE 'Wings wish' it would be to see Sawchuck, after maybe 6 months of learning the butterfly and the ins and outs of todays game, play in TODAY's NHL. I'm pretty sure he would still dominate!

While I kinda wish this record was preserved in Terry's name, good for Brodeur, he earned it.

C'mon, don't start this... He was the absolute best in his era, and he brought Stanley to Detroit.

You muddled up my argument.

I think Sawchuk would have a lot more shutouts in today's NHL. Especially if he played for a trapping team all those years and wore gigantic pads.

Guest Lidstromboli

sawchuck is the best, never seen him play but still

brodeur - fat pig that cheated on his wife, plus THE TRAP

You muddled up my argument.

I think Sawchuk would have a lot more shutouts in today's NHL. Especially if he played for a trapping team all those years and wore gigantic pads.

Brodeur probably wears the smallest pads of any modern NHL goalie.

They dont ask how, just how many. What an amazing accomplishment. I Just wish I was able to watch the game.

I saw on Versus the shutout leaders. And I knew them all except the guy who was third. I don't remember his name and I don't think I even knew who he was. Fuhr was in fourth and I was surprised to not see Roy on there. :)

Terry Sawchuk, 103

Martin Brodeur, 101

George Hainsworth, 94

Glenn Hall, 84

Jacques Plante, 82

Alex Connell, 81

Dominik Hasek, 81

Tiny Thompson, 81

Ed Belfour, 76

Tony Esposito, 76

Lorne Chabot, 73

Harry Lumley, 71

Roy Worters, 67

Patrick Roy, 66

Turk Broda, 62

John Ross Roach, 58

Clint Benedict, 55

Ed Giacomin, 54

Bernie Parent, 54

Curtis Joseph, 51

Dave Kerr, 51

Rogatien Vachon, 51

Chris Osgood, 49

Roberto Luongo, 47

Evgeni Nabokov,[12] 47

I knew Fuhr wasn't 4th.....There's VS for ya....don't know what they were showing you.....but there are the leaders. Hainsworth took over for George Vezina for the Habs...he only played 11 seasons.....you wanna compare goalies in different eras? Hainsworth has the all time record with 22 shutouts in a 44 game season. If you're putting eras next to each other, Hainsworth > Sawchuck. What would his numbers look like if he got to play 16-20 years like Brodeur and Sawchuck?

Connell played for the Original Ottawa Senators, and I'm pretty sure played for the Detroit Falcons for a year.

Don't know who else you'd be talking about not hearing of...Tiny Thompson played for the Bruins in the 40's.... But with VS list that had grant Fuhr at 4th, I have no idea who they'd put up there.