Mathieu Schneider on waivers

Rate this topic

Lidstrom Rafalski

Kronwall Stuart

Ericsson Schneider

Janik

Yummy!

esteef

I'd normally like the looks of that except that we would be waiting for two 40 year old defensemen to come around instead of one. No thanks. I'd rather see Janik in there eating up minutes anyhow.

Edited by Broken 16

I didnt understand why they got rid of him...

gettem' back

They didn't. Anaheim offered him (as well as Bertuzzi) far too much money for what he provided, and it was his last shot at a real contract considering his age. Not at all astonished, he took it.

I have been a HUGE fan of Schneider since he first came here. I am probably the LOUDEST voice praying for a return to Detroit. I really miss the pearly whites and all the Hanukkah jokes. Seriously we pay Lilja a million, or try to anyway. Why not bump it up a slight bit and get a second PP pairing and a 3rd line defenseman instead of Meech?

trade leino for picks to vancouver

acquire schnieder through re-entry

have picks in pocket at deadline

make move for kovalchuk :rolleyes:

go into playoffs most feared "healthy" team

I don't think Leino's six points and healthy scratch status are going to warrant draft picks.

Edited by GoWings1905

Assistant general manager Jim Nill said the team did not put in a claim for defenseman Mathieu Schneider, who was waived by Vancouver, because they're going to have to trim players (sending some to Grand Rapids) once the club starts getting healthy.

Not gonna happen.

Funny that the front page of LGW states there is a rumor that the Wings are interested.

For all the people here who would take back every ex wing, from Gods of old like Shanny, Federov and Hasek or washout has-been playoff winners like McCarthy or even proven playoff losers like Williams, I have a serious question. Would you also take back any old girl friend if they called you up? Whether they dumped you or you dumped them, do you find yourself longing for the good old times? Would you go back to any old job you had, even if you were fired? I simply can't relate. Honestly, in hockey, work and the bedroom, I much prefer to go forward, look ahead and try new things.

Then again, I guess it's not that bad. The worst is, of course, the guy who goes after his buddies old girl friends!

Guest zackmorris

We all have picked Lebda and Meech as the two players to pin everything on. We always have a player we go way overboard on, and those two are it.

Now here is your chance to replace one of them, and you don't want to take it!?

How many sides of your mouth can you guys speak out of?

Stop bitching about his PP skills, he won't be on our PP unless even more players get hurt (knock on wood) and he won't be playing a ton of minutes. I get the whole salary thing, but really, he'd be here next year and that's it. So it comes down to this-is getting rid of Lebda or Meech worth 1.5 mil next season?

Take a look at this

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-nhl-unr...sition/#Defense

Most of those names are going to want a pay increase. Some are old and broken down just like we claim Schneider is. Some cost too much. So just look at a few of the names above and below Schneider and you decide if it's worth another season of Lebda to hold out for one of them. We may not even get them.

And keep in mind also, Schneider wouldn't be playing big minutes. He wouldn't be on the PP. He wouldn't be consistently facing the best players on the other team. He's had experience being a #1, being a winner and doing everything he needs to. And he's familiar with the Detroit style and system.

I say sign him. We'll likely have free money next season and that whole thing about "getting a goalie" is getting less relevant each great game Howard plays.

For all the people here who would take back every ex wing, from Gods of old like Shanny, Federov and Hasek or washout has-been playoff winners like McCarthy or even proven playoff losers like Williams, I have a serious question. Would you also take back any old girl friend if they called you up? Whether they dumped you or you dumped them, do you find yourself longing for the good old times? Would you go back to any old job you had, even if you were fired? I simply can't relate. Honestly, in hockey, work and the bedroom, I much prefer to go forward, look ahead and try new things.

Schneider > Lebda and Meech, simple as that.

BTW, who is McCarthy?

esteef

Schneider > Lebda and Meech, simple as that.

BTW, who is McCarthy?

esteef

Absolutely. It comes down to this; who would you rather have running the 2nd pp unit for the Wings? Meech/Lebda, or Schneider? No brainer - bring back the Schneids!!

Even when Kronner/Ericsson (Lilja?) come back, I would still rather have Schneids as the 7th D-man than any of Meech/Lebda/Janik. If Schneids doesn't pan out then just send him down and his cap hit doesn't count against us so really it's a win-win situation with nothing to lose by taking a chance on him. Kenny... you know what to do.

Then again, I guess it's not that bad. The worst is, of course, the guy who goes after his buddies old girl friends!

Ever heard the term "it's not personal, it's business"?