• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Mathieu Schneider on waivers

Rate this topic

Hes old but still has talent left. Fits the redwings system perfectly and is still a scoring threat at the blueline.

Also a right handed shooter which gives us 2 defenseman to use with lidstrom/kronwall/stuart

Ummmm........Schneider shoots left also

Glad Holland didn't take him. Shew!

Well he would not have unless it was on re-entry waivers which is what he'll go through now if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe it's time that he just hung 'em up. If no team was going to take him the first time around, then I don't see it happening the 2nd time around.

Well it makes sense to wait until the 2nd time around when he'd cost 1/2 as much.

Assistant general manager Jim Nill said the team did not put in a claim for defenseman Mathieu Schneider, who was waived by Vancouver, because they're going to have to trim players (sending some to Grand Rapids) once the club starts getting healthy.

Not gonna happen.

So sad and yet so true (this year).

I know. It's killing me. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be making a post like that about Nik. Now I'm just waiting for the moon to turn red and for locusts to start devouring the earth...

Guest mindfly

I miss lidstrom without visor he looked hardcore.. stupid preseasongame-puck-to-eye :(

Edited by mindfly

Schneids is a left-handed shot.

Trade Meech and Lebda for Samuelsson. The competition between he and JWill for the 2nd PP point shot will GUARANTEE us 40 goals.

/thread

Schneider was far better than most gave him credit for when he was here but I wouldn't want him back at this point. He'd be a redundant edition to the defense at this point as we've got two guys who can shoot and score in Rafalski and Kronwall as well as two guys who are defensive liabilities in Meech and Lebda. Lidstrom's bound to start scoring again at some point as well. If we add anyone on defense, it ought to be a guy who's a bit more solid at DEFENSE. Our offense from the defense will be greatly aided by Kronwall's return. No use freaking out now and bringing in an old guy like Schneider. We've got enough redundancy across the whole lineup already.

Schneider was far better than most gave him credit for when he was here but I wouldn't want him back at this point. He'd be a redundant edition to the defense at this point as we've got two guys who can shoot and score in Rafalski and Kronwall as well as two guys who are defensive liabilities in Meech and Lebda. Lidstrom's bound to start scoring again at some point as well. If we add anyone on defense, it ought to be a guy who's a bit more solid at DEFENSE. Our offense from the defense will be greatly aided by Kronwall's return. No use freaking out now and bringing in an old guy like Schneider. We've got enough redundancy across the whole lineup already.

Not to mention we already have Janik. Not that there is redundancy between Janik and Schnieder, but aside from not having a clear heir apparent to Lidstrom, I like our defense just the way it is.

Edited by Broken 16