• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

What Five Current NHL Players Do You Hate the Most?

Rate this topic

what did lilja do that you liked so much? get burned? cough up the puck? losing battles? getting his clocked cleaned for trying to be an badass when he is just a soft european and he clearly showed us why teams tend to stick to north american hard nosed D, and though there are rare exceptions (charas a perfect one) your phaneuf bouwmeister weber suter whitney pronger SCOTT STEVENS are way more common for good reason. lilja reminded me way too much of kuznetsov, krupp, none of which were worth salt and neither is lilja.

watch a couple of lilja highlights for me and tell me you still like him... heres some fights that he had, seems to end up on the bottom in just about every youtube fight video on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEjI56zWOZM

and this one right here is my favorite right here, tune into the 7:20 mark and watch whos guy ends the season for the red wings.... your beloved lilja. this is the lilja pattented dont pick up your guy / let him walk to the hole and end the game move.

classic lilja doing what he does best.

Ladies and gentlemen, a textbook example of how to get on MY ignore list. :lol:

How are people still spelling SIDney Crosby's name wrong? I mean people pretty much hate him because they see his name everywhere, but still manage to get it confused with a city in Australia.

Because it's not important to spell it right.

I prefer Cindy.

1. Crosby

2. Pronger

3. Tootoo

4. Iginla

5. S. Niedermayer

Honorable mentions:

Perry

Getzlaf (hate him because he's so damn good; I'd welcome him on the Wings in a heartbeat)

Ott

Cooke

I figured all 5 of yours would be Crosby. :P

My honorable mentions would include Iginla, Niedermayer, Perry, and Crosby.

Though honestly I'd take any of them on the Wings except Niedermayer. Perry and Crosby are such little *******, but they're too good to pass up.

How are people still spelling SIDney Crosby's name wrong? I mean people pretty much hate him because they see his name everywhere, but still manage to get it confused with a city in Australia.

Haha, I'm actually really surprised that I pulled that one off. Regardless, I'm still having a hard time caring.

I am amused that I've been intellectually insulted for my disdain for Crosby, though I should've seen that coming. I must obviously be stupid if I'm sick of hearing about how great he is and I genuinely dislike the fact that he's a poor sport. I understand that he's young, but there are certain things you just have to step up and do when you're thrust into the position he's been put into.

1. Brett Lebda

2. Corey Perry

3. Steve Ott

4. Barrett Jackman

5. Jordin Tootoo

HM: Mike Green, Dustin Byfuglien, the Staals

1. Pronger

2. Corey Perry

3. Ribeiro

4. Mike Green

5. Crosby

Why do you guys hate Mike Green so much?

I've never thought of him as a dirty player.

1) Perry

2) Carcillo

3) Tootoo

4) Ott

5) Kane

Honorable Mention:

Ribeiro

Eager

Pronger (my hatred of him dropped considerably when he went to the East, we only have to see him once outside the Finals)

I consider myself a fairly open-minded person, and I'd like to think that pretty much any player who plays his role well is worthy of at the very least grudging respect (i.e. Getzlaf, Crosby, etc.), and while I boo them mercilessly when we are playing against them, I would cheer just as hard for them should they sign with the Wings. However, there are certain guys, especially the ones listed above, who due mostly to their attitude, I will never support:

Perry, while he is skilled player who plays a physical game, reminds me too much of the toadie in A Christmas Story, the guy who hangs out with the bully and runs his mouth, but it really a pansy who can't take a punch.

Carcillo, the walking definition of "intent to injure"

Tootoo, the minority equivalent of Carcillo

Ott, I don't know, there's just something about the guy that irritates me

Kane, aka 20 cent, that one's self-explanatory.

Burn in Hell List:

1. Broduer

2. Crosby

3. Malkin

4. Perry

5. Kane

6. Fleury

7. Heatley

8. Ott

9. Torres

10. Tootoo

For some reason I don't seem to mind Pronger as much now that he is with the Flyers.

Edit: (Sorry 5 was just not enough. Haters gotta hate.)

Edited by Yzerman#19

1. s***ney (cheapshot) Crysby

2. Chris (Ow Stevie, my knee) Schlonger

3. Mike (Alfonso) Ribiero

4. Sean (no skill) Avery (Wonder how the rest of the league feels about signing our sloppy seconds.)

5. Lemieux, not current. (Pick one........really. One's a whiney *****, but a legend, and the other, well you know. Turtle turtle.)

Chris Pronger and Corey Perry. Any other NHLer is fine than those two.

The athletes I hate the Most though are Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez, Brett Farve and Lebron James.

Out of all the assholes out there you picked those 4? WTF?

Yeah, not sure why the Hossa hate. Like I've mentioned before, I spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh last year and any disdain Wings fans have for him automatically reminds me of my time there.

Pens fans hate Hossa because some bizarre sense of loyalty. Despite his only being there for a portion of a season, they had it in their heads that he planned on remaining a Penguin for life. Granted, I'm just as bummed as the next guy that he left - he doesn't owe us anything. They tried to make something work, but his contract was just too big. I don't think that's any reason to hate a guy.

Yeah, not sure why the Hossa hate. Like I've mentioned before, I spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh last year and any disdain Wings fans have for him automatically reminds me of my time there.

Pens fans hate Hossa because some bizarre sense of loyalty. Despite his only being there for a portion of a season, they had it in their heads that he planned on remaining a Penguin for life. Granted, I'm just as bummed as the next guy that he left - he doesn't owe us anything. They tried to make something work, but his contract was just too big. I don't think that's any reason to hate a guy.

Exactly! Unless the guy stole somebody's milk money or something that I haven't heard of...

I don't think people "just hate" Crosby because he's a whiner. I'm sure there are more reasons than that, but I think people aren't elaborating because the thread is just a list :)

That's the great thing about hate... it doesn't have to be rational.