• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMRwings1983

What Five Current NHL Players Do You Hate the Most?

Rate this topic

He fought Ivanans (also in his first season).

He fought Boogaard!

EDIT: Wait nevermind it was AARON Boogaard in the WHL. Regardless, the guy is my age, and at my age I wouldn't even dream of fighting some 30 year old goons.

Edited by BeeRYCE

So you're of the opinion that annoying and getting under the skin of one's opponents is a tactic to be avoided?

The difference is that every other pest has stood up for themselves before. Franzen is absolutely terrified when a player wants to fight him and won't stand up for himself.

The difference is that every other pest has stood up for themselves before. Franzen is absolutely terrified when a player wants to fight him and won't stand up for himself.

If the fact that he won't fight really irritates some posters on an internet forum, I'm sure it also irritates the people he plays against. And I wouldn't call Franzén a pest, and what evidence is there to say that he is terrified? I've seen him dive, and choose not to fight, but that doesn't equate to fear.

Guest micah
So you're of the opinion that annoying and getting under the skin of one's opponents is a tactic to be avoided?

When you refuse to back up your mouth? Yes. I don't care for mouthy people who talk big and strut all badass but are merely paper tigers. On the playground you don't get away with that. At a bar you don't get away with that. On the ice you shouldn't be allowed to get away with that. I don't care for Avery or Perry either - but at least they will occasionally back up their talk.

I may well take an opponent off their game. I don't care. Playing the game right is as important to me as the final score. "Whatever it takes to win" is not my motto. There are certain actions on the ice that may be legal and effective that I still oppose. If the Wings were to adopt Devils-style hockey from a few years back and won 25 consecutive Cups playing that style, I would not be happy.

Guest micah
....and what evidence is there to say that he is terrified? I've seen him dive, and choose not to fight, but that doesn't equate to fear.

Watch him when an opponent succeeds in forcing him into a fight. In his fights against both O'Donnel and Walker he looked scared s***less, didn't fight back and did the standing turtle - you know, that move where your only goal in the fight is keeping your head as far from the other guy as possible. If fear was not his motive for such, what was?

It really saddens me that Crosby is hated by so many. I mean seriously, he is a blast to watch play, and it might be because he "cries" or whatever, but he just overall has a passion for the game.

So what? Claude Lemieux was passionate and a clutch player too. Peter Forsberg was at one time the best player in the world and many people didn't and still don't like him. Of course, the Avs were our rivals but I can't think of too many people that hated Joe Sakic.

Anybody who thinks Crosby isn't talented is a moron, but we don't have to like him for it.

1) Crosby (I dislike him for many reasons, but I think not shaking Lidstrom's hand sealed the deal for me.)

2) Pronger (Breaks the gauge on the ****** meter and suspensions? What suspensions?)

3) Perry (I hate his face)

4) Jackman (One of the dirtiest players, please never come to the Wings and leave this division while your at it.)

5) Kane (Taxi cab confessions notwithstanding, I know someone who talked to him and found him to be one of the pompous people she ever met....I thought hockey players were supposed to be down to earth?)

1) Crosby (I dislike him for many reasons, but I think not shaking Lidstrom's hand sealed the deal for me.)

That's what really cemented it for me too. It seemed like any time it looked like he was going to become a player I could at least respect, he would do something stupid (the subtle disparaging comments about Datsyuk and Lidstrom re: the ASG fiasco,

- repeatedly, whined about Ovechkin's hat trick in the playoffs, the lack of a handshake). Edited by edicius

Watch him when an opponent succeeds in forcing him into a fight. In his fights against both O'Donnel and Walker he looked scared s***less, didn't fight back and did the standing turtle - you know, that move where your only goal in the fight is keeping your head as far from the other guy as possible. If fear was not his motive for such, what was?

Having no idea what he was doing, perhaps combined with a desire to perhaps only get called for roughing, while the other combatant gets a five minute major. Most likely also reeling from the effects of being hit in the head.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

1) Kane: Even before the taxi cab incident I hated the guy. He's a great player, but he just reaks ******. Plus he played for Bell Tire (I'm a victory honda alum)

2)Corey Perry

3) Ollie Jokinen

4) Tyler Kennedy

5) Scott Gomez

Guest micah
Having no idea what he was doing, perhaps combined with a desire to perhaps only get called for roughing, while the other combatant gets a five minute major. Most likely also reeling from the effects of being hit in the head.

Nah, couldn't have been the roughing thing - had that been the case he would have just kept his gloves on and gone for no penalty at all. Yeah, he probably didn't know what he was doing well enough to win the fight, but most people intuitively know that when you're in a fight you should, you know, try to hit people and stuff. I suspect he was, as you suggest, still reeling from his previous clock-cleaning, maybe that's the root of his apparent fear to play the game the way that other more honorable players do?

A few years ago, I started a similar thread, and Chris Pronger wound up being the guy more people placed number one on their list, than any other player.

I thought it'd be a fun idea to start a similar thread, to see where people stand today. Oh, I also decided to include only NHL'ers, which is why Forsberg didn't make the list.

My list:

1. Chris Pronger

2. Sidney Crosby

3. Jordin Tootoo

4. Barrett Jackman

5. Milan Lucic

1. Ryan Getzlaf

2. Chris Perry

3. Jordin Tootoo

4. Dustin Byfuglien

5. Can't think of a 5th. I guess Mike Green or George Pyrros. I like Pyrros a little more based on his mustache alone, so prolly Mike Green.