• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Miller Brew

Don Cherry pissed off

Rate this topic

'Adult'? He's a senior citizen. The guy next to him had to keep reminding him what he was talking about. Lol. His cheeks were puckering from all the sour grapes. Bottom line, if a person is on television to represent the NHL / hockey, he should be required to show a little class. Lose with a little dignity instead of trying to make excuses.

:lol::lol::clap:

That was some funny stuff man!

Why does it say you've only been a member since 2009??

My old email address was getting spammed and deleted it not realizing I can't recover the lost password. So made a new account to support Mr. Miller.

Edited by Miller Brew

Hey Micah why don't you stop being an ******* and let other people have there opinions. You look like a huge prick telling him he should like Cherry who is an obvious xenophobe, he doesn't like him so shut the f*** up and let him have his opinion.

I used to think Cherry was a monster prick because of his Canadian hard on, but I realize he does a lot for the community and am a firm believer in following a persons actions not words.

But wow Micah people in glass houses

also we all know Canada would have won if they were allowed to have all there NHL players, even though the Swedes, U.S., etc would have theres. Also every team that is stacked always wins

Edited by ben_usmc

Guest lilja4mvp

how does being a "stand up guy" or "doing a lot for the community" make his rants any less retarded?

the guy has dementia. put him in a nursing home already.

'Adult'? He's a senior citizen. The guy next to him had to keep reminding him what he was talking about. Lol. His cheeks were puckering from all the sour grapes. Bottom line, if a person is on television to represent the NHL / hockey, he should be required to show a little class. Lose with a little dignity instead of trying to make excuses.

The "guy" next to him? Jesus..

Before the Start Of the Leafs Game, I actually thought about this, and Posted it as My Facebook Status

"USA's BEST 18-19 Year olds Won the Gold Medal This Year. Congrats. Canada's Best 18-19 Year olds are playing in the NHL this year. Way to beat our B team, USA....Game's Still ours (Matt Duchesne, Tyler Myers, John Tavares, Evander Kane, Ryan O'Reilly, Del Zotto, Stamkos, Cody Hodgson)"

REally, Congrats on Team USA Winning this year (Finally) But Really, Take out your best 8 players and see how well you do. Probably won't make it to the Finals.

Can ANYONE really Argue that A team that looked like THIS

G- Jake Allen

G - Martin Jones

Still Have Weak Goaltending IMO, But it was good enough to hang on until OT of the Gold Medal Game. An Improved team in front should Change the Outcome.

D

Alex Pieterangelo - Tyler Myers

Ryan Ellis - Michael Del Zotto

Jared Cowen - Calvin De Haan

Forwards

Evander Kane - John Tavares - Jordan Eberle

Matt Duchesne - Steven Stamkos - Cody Hodgson

Nazim KAdri - Taylor Hall - Ryan O'Reilly

Patrice Cormier - Brayden Schenn - Gabriel Bourque

Like I said on Facebook.

THe Best American 18-19 year old Hockey players won the Gold Medal. The Best Canadian 18-19 Year olds are Playing in the NHL.

Congratulations to team USA for beating Canada's B team this year.

You got a glimpse of What Team Canada can Put together in 2005, The Year of the Lockout, The year of Crosby, Phaneuf, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Corry Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Brent Seabrook, Cam Barker, Brayden Coburn, Shea Weber.

Look at the Players Team Canada CUT That year

D - Mike Green (Tough luck getting cut from Canada 2 times)

Kyle Quincey, Dustin Boyd, David Bolland, Eric Fehr.... (all NHLers)

The 2005 Teams Crushed The Russian team (that included Ovechkin and Malkin) 6-1 in the Finals.

Don Cherry Was Mad Because Team USA was Singing in the Locker room about Kicking Canada's f***ign Asses. His point is, if you wanna put it that way, if we would have put our entire eligible team like you did, it would have been men against boys.

We've been hearing Nothing but the "Great advancement in USA Hockey" After Seeing the WJC win and Winning the under 17 tournament. Calm down..... Canada doens't send a Team canada to the under 17's. We send a Team Ontario, a team Quebec, a team Maritimes etc. We have enough talent to send multiple teams to that tournament, and Team USA only has 1.

Talk about Development. Canada's Development is So far ahead that half of our "Junior" Team is lighting it up in the NHL, While Team USA's juniors simply arn't good enough. Cherry also made the point that USA Isn't developing all their players.....A Number of them come over to Canada to play over here. Namely, Cam FOwler, playing for the Spits, and The Goalie Campbell, who's coming over to the Spits next year.

With all that said, I'm Glad USA is back to being number 2 in the world. You play more of a Canadian Style of Hockey, and I'd Like for the Rivalry to get back to the Level it was at in the 90's When USA Truely had Exeptional Talent. You don't see the Talent level of Leetch, Chelios, Modano, LaFontaine, Roenick, Kevin Stevens, Mike Richter, John Vanbiesbrouck, Bill Guerin, Gary Suter, Tony Amonte, Brett Hull, Kevin and Derian Hatcher, LeClair Weight and Keith Tkachuck.

The Only Superstars I can Note as of Today are Ryan Miller, Paul Stastny, Patrick Kane, Kessel and Parise.

There are Some Younger players that Could elevate to that Level, but there was really a Talent drought of Americans Entering the league from about 93ish-03ish

USA is Becoming Relevant again in International Hockey......But all us canadians are saying is.....

Settle Down.

wow, a guy in canada who is canadian-centric in his hockey views?

i hear that president lincoln was shot in the head too, and that women's suffrage passed as well

what will they think of next? some kind of moving picture box for your home?

Before the Start Of the Leafs Game, I actually thought about this, and Posted it as My Facebook Status

"USA's BEST 18-19 Year olds Won the Gold Medal This Year. Congrats. Canada's Best 18-19 Year olds are playing in the NHL this year. Way to beat our B team, USA....Game's Still ours (Matt Duchesne, Tyler Myers, John Tavares, Evander Kane, Ryan O'Reilly, Del Zotto, Stamkos, Cody Hodgson)"

REally, Congrats on Team USA Winning this year (Finally) But Really, Take out your best 8 players and see how well you do. Probably won't make it to the Finals.

Can ANYONE really Argue that A team that looked like THIS

G- Jake Allen

G - Martin Jones

Still Have Weak Goaltending IMO, But it was good enough to hang on until OT of the Gold Medal Game. An Improved team in front should Change the Outcome.

D

Alex Pieterangelo - Tyler Myers

Ryan Ellis - Michael Del Zotto

Jared Cowen - Calvin De Haan

Forwards

Evander Kane - John Tavares - Jordan Eberle

Matt Duchesne - Steven Stamkos - Cody Hodgson

Nazim KAdri - Taylor Hall - Ryan O'Reilly

Patrice Cormier - Brayden Schenn - Gabriel Bourque

Like I said on Facebook.

THe Best American 18-19 year old Hockey players won the Gold Medal. The Best Canadian 18-19 Year olds are Playing in the NHL.

Congratulations to team USA for beating Canada's B team this year.

You got a glimpse of What Team Canada can Put together in 2005, The Year of the Lockout, The year of Crosby, Phaneuf, Patrice Bergeron, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Corry Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Brent Seabrook, Cam Barker, Brayden Coburn, Shea Weber.

Look at the Players Team Canada CUT That year

D - Mike Green (Tough luck getting cut from Canada 2 times)

Kyle Quincey, Dustin Boyd, David Bolland, Eric Fehr.... (all NHLers)

The 2005 Teams Crushed The Russian team (that included Ovechkin and Malkin) 6-1 in the Finals.

Don Cherry Was Mad Because Team USA was Singing in the Locker room about Kicking Canada's f***ign Asses. His point is, if you wanna put it that way, if we would have put our entire eligible team like you did, it would have been men against boys.

We've been hearing Nothing but the "Great advancement in USA Hockey" After Seeing the WJC win and Winning the under 17 tournament. Calm down..... Canada doens't send a Team canada to the under 17's. We send a Team Ontario, a team Quebec, a team Maritimes etc. We have enough talent to send multiple teams to that tournament, and Team USA only has 1.

Talk about Development. Canada's Development is So far ahead that half of our "Junior" Team is lighting it up in the NHL, While Team USA's juniors simply arn't good enough. Cherry also made the point that USA Isn't developing all their players.....A Number of them come over to Canada to play over here. Namely, Cam FOwler, playing for the Spits, and The Goalie Campbell, who's coming over to the Spits next year.

With all that said, I'm Glad USA is back to being number 2 in the world. You play more of a Canadian Style of Hockey, and I'd Like for the Rivalry to get back to the Level it was at in the 90's When USA Truely had Exeptional Talent. You don't see the Talent level of Leetch, Chelios, Modano, LaFontaine, Roenick, Kevin Stevens, Mike Richter, John Vanbiesbrouck, Bill Guerin, Gary Suter, Tony Amonte, Brett Hull, Kevin and Derian Hatcher, LeClair Weight and Keith Tkachuck.

The Only Superstars I can Note as of Today are Ryan Miller, Paul Stastny, Patrick Kane, Kessel and Parise.

There are Some Younger players that Could elevate to that Level, but there was really a Talent drought of Americans Entering the league from about 93ish-03ish

USA is Becoming Relevant again in International Hockey......But all us canadians are saying is.....

Settle Down.

wow Canadians seem to be crying a lot about it. USA beat who they needed to beat so get over it, this is pretty much why I love to watch Canadian teams fail in hockey.

talent=/= guarantee championships

If you don't believe me look at the 04 lakers, or any U.S. basketball teams since the Dream team and until this last Olympics, so your if's mean s*** to me and most of the U.S.

Further more if, if's actually put trophies in the case the Wings would have had another cup last season

Edited by ben_usmc

OMG! I couldn't even read past this point. Boo ******* hoo!! Get off it man.

I am sure you'd be pointing all this out if you won, right?

You sound like a soreass loser man!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

wow Canadians seem to be crying a lot about it. USA beat who they needed to beat so get over it, this is pretty much why I love to watch Canadian teams fail in hockey.

:thumbup:

f*** don cherry

Guest lilja4mvp

Further more if, if's actually put trophies in the case the Wings would have had another cup last season

nailed it

You don't know Cherry that well :lol:

talent=/= guarantee championships

If you don't believe me look at the 04 lakers, or any U.S. basketball teams since the Dream team and until this last Olympics, so your if's mean s*** to me and most of the U.S.

2nd straight great post man!! Keep it up!! :thumbup::thumbup: (no, i am not being a smartass either)

New to the board but was watching and heres my two cents... (NO Disrespect intended just stating the obvious)

Don Cherrys NHL playing career is comical...

1954-55 Boston Bruins NHL 1 0 0 0 0

Cherry and myself are mere equals in terms of the NHL

but he is entertaining and the man loves his country cant knock him for that but i dont see why people jump to his defense we all have opinions...

and how couldnt you love this guy once again comical.....

don-cherry-doofus-450.jpg

Edited by RedwingedBuckeye

Okay this world Junior thing is getting on my nerves, like i mentioned in the WJ thread the Americans deserved to win it. They were the better team, and there is no doubting it.

The speed, and shot blocking ability they showed in the tournament was outstanding. I was absolutely shocked.

But I didn't even realize until i read this thread that Canada had those players that weren't playing because they are playing for teams in the NHL.

Not to take anything away from the team that won it, but I do tend to think that if Canada had those players it would of been a different story.

Now this B team bull, so what if it was our A, B, or C team. The fact is Canada lost, they got beat by the better team. You have to win with what you got.

As Wings fans we can all agree that we love this team and we all want/ hope they make the playoffs and win the cup this year but if we don't were going to blame the injuries, and why would we do that because thats what happened we got injuries and (maybe, hopefully not) good enough to compete to make the playoffs or win the cup or whatever.

Its just like what my fellow Canadians are saying when we would of won with those players we didn't have.

We could of, should of, would of, but its not what happened. Would Canada have won with those guys? Chances are much higher but it doesn't mean we would. Would Detroit be first place without the injuries, maybe who knows.

Who knew that adding 40 goals into a Stanley cup wining lineup would make us lose the next year?

The USA has gained more ground then any other country in the last 15 years when it comes to hockey development. The American's used to be nothing. Now they are a serious threat every year and produce a lot of quality players. For that they deserve a lot of credit.

To be fair though if the shoe was on the other foot this argument would still come up from the American's side. You can even see it by looking over other posts in the this forum. Wing's would have won the cup if Dat's was healthy and Hossa produced. It very well could be true but it's irrelevant.

Canada with those players more then likely would have beat the states but the argument is irrelevant. We couldn't ice our best team and they could. They won. Fair and square. They out played us in both games. Congrats.

More then half of the Wing's team was not trained in Canada yet they manged to get to the finals in back to back years. Where you learn your hockey doesn't completely make up who you are as a player. Personally I think Canada has the best coaching and development system, which damn well better be true because we devote so much resources to it.

I will never be ashamed of Cherry because he speaks what most of us Canadians think(more often then not). His arguments are irrelevant now but no need to be ashamed.

Edited by zettie85