• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Miller Brew

Don Cherry pissed off

Rate this topic

except that i enjoy watching hockey night in canada. it's sad that i would have to change the channel because of this toolbag. i also think it's bad for hockey that so many canadians value this guy's opinions.

i told him not to worry about it because it's the typical response from cherry fans that have no recourse for the idiot's antics - "bububububu don't watch!". predictable.

Why is it a bad thing?

Cherry for the most part knows what he's talking about even if he does come across as a little high on his Canadian horse at times. And everyone calling him an ******* have you seen all he's done for the troops raising money and going over there and everything?

You sure as hell don't see someone like John Madden talkinga bout the trooops every week or trying his best to raise money for them. Just a thought for everyone calling him an *******.

Guest lilja4mvp

thanks for reminding me. he also needs to STFU about the damned troops. give it a rest already, gramps.

You sure as hell don't see someone like John Madden talkinga bout the trooops every week or trying his best to raise money for them.

Madden's been to Kuwait, yo. It was televised.

While Cherry has done a lot for Canadian/coalition troops, you made a s***ty comparison.

thanks for reminding me. he also needs to STFU about the damned troops. give it a rest already, gramps.

No, he needs to shout that s***. There are people leading uncomfortable lives, doing dangerous things, so you will never have to think for a ******* second about the people who want to kill you because of where you were born. He just gives them a few seconds proper respect. I say, they deserve more. Then again, I serve in the uniformed service, so I am biased.

I'm an avid Don Cherry fan and his passion for Canadian hockey doesn't bother me one bit. On the contrary, I love Canada's passion for the game. I envy that we don't have it in the U.S. The U.S. winning the under-17 challenge and the WJC is big-time news in Canada. In my own country, a very small percentage of people are even aware these events take place, whether the U.S. team wins or loses.

Not to hijack the thread, but this topic has pretty much run it's course...

I've noticed a lot of Ontario natives here. Why don't you guys root for Toronto? I grew up in in South Jersey, where everyone roots for Philly, as it's closer than North Jersey and I suppose I get that. But it's the different countries thing that gets me. I don't see me every rooting for a Canadian team when I live in the same state as an American team. Is is location? The Wing's success/Leaf's failures? Relocation? Honest question. I guess the question is valid for other Canadians too.

Also, I'm not calling any one out as a fake fan or anything. Just wondering. :)

I live In Windsor. Huge Wings/Leafs Rivalry Here. Basically My Sister Liked the Wings, When I was 7-8 years old, She was 5 years older than me and watching hockey During the playoffs. It Must have Been Game Seven in the 92 playoffs that I saw, It was a tight low scoring game, and if you would have Asked me that night who the Greatest goalie in History was, I woulda Told You It was Jon Casey. I got a couple Packs of Hockey Cards in the Next year, And Decided I was Going to Be a Hockey FAn. I got a Few games on TV throughout 92-93, Collected hockey Cards and Magazines, but really didn't know all that much about the game and the players. I finally got To WATCH hockey in the 93 playoffs, and saw the Leafs knockout the Wings in the first round. I watched the Rest of the Playoffs, and that Summer I got pretty Hardcore into it, and have been ever since.

Also, Living in Windsor, It takes about 25 minutes to get from My house to the Joe, whereas it takes about 4 hours to get from my house to the ACC. I can See Joe Louis From across the River, and Toronto's 4 hours away.

Those were really the 2 factors behind becoming a Wings Fan.......

It's really cool to hear the Different Stories people have.

Are you serious? There goes all your respect in this thread and on this website. I would love to see you do what they do, you really come across as a douchebag.

If he was ranting and raving about American hockey you would probably love Cherry.

He has more love for the Canadian troops then anyone in the usa has for theirs. He's just a passionate guy, you can tell he actually cares because he has teared up before on the show. You really need to stfu .

Guest lilja4mvp
Are you serious? There goes all your respect in this thread and on this website.

what in the world will i do without LGW respect?

He has more love for the Canadian troops then anyone in the usa has for theirs.

Again, I'm not questioning Cherry, but Fox football has done shows from a combat zone. He's a great man when he comes to taking care of your troops, but don't pretend like Americans don't support their troops, too.

And so lilja4mvp proves himself to be a COMPLETE moron...

Are you serious? There goes all your respect in this thread and on this website. I would love to see you do what they do, you really come across as a douchebag.

If he was ranting and raving about American hockey you would probably love Cherry.

He has more love for the Canadian troops then anyone in the usa has for theirs. He's just a passionate guy, you can tell he actually cares because he has teared up before on the show. You really need to stfu .

Come on man, not cool.

HA, I make a long, Intelligent Response that really Can't Be argued, And All I get is that I'm whining and a sore loser? Way to argue an actual developped thought with Facts to back it up with "you're a sore loser" Typical American not to let facts get in the way of how they feel.

1. I don't care that no Canadian team has won the Cup since 93. I'm a Wings fan, not a Canadian Hockey team Fan.

2. USA hasn't "Come the Furthest" If anything, USA's Dropped off the most, Drowning in Irrelevancy for years until just now in the past 4-5 years they're actually getting Talent again. In the Early - Mid 90's they were almost On par with Canada. Take away Gretzky and Lemieux, and I don't see that Much of a Difference in Canadian and American Hockey. Then You Dropped. No new Great Young Americans until Kessel/Kane/Stastny.....And it's a Bit too early to call them great yet.

3.Don Cherry played a Long Long Proffesional Career in the "Minor" leagues. He played with and against some of the All time Greats. It was a 6 team league back then. Imagine if the NHL was a 6 team League today. Guys like Hlem, Abdelkader, Cleary, Osgood, Howard, and some of your other Favorites wouldn't have even Sniffed the NHL. If the NHL in the 50's were a 30 team league, you're damn sure Cherry would have had a 20 year NHL career.....But again, don't let facts get in the way of your feelings.

4. The Whole A team/B team argument was Mine. Yeah, the entire Country gets up for this tournament as if it were life and death, but really, half our players.....the Better half of our players wern't there. To win with a team like that is cause for celebration, To lose once every 6 years and walk away with a Silver, meh, who cares. Canada Lost the Spengler Cup this year. Got knocked out by the Germans. Does that mean German Hockey is on the Rise, and canadians should be afraid? No, We don't send our Best players to the Spengler Cup, It's not a true representation of Canadian Hockey.

CAN ANYONE NAME THE PAST 6 WINNERS OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OFF THE TOP OF THEIR HEAD?????

No. Why not? Cause world Championship teams consist of the best players on teams that didn't make the playoffs that decide they want to paly another month or so of Hockey. If Canada won the World Championship, Or USA won it, would any one really care? You'll be proud of your boys, but really.....it's not true representations of each countries hockey. Now, Imagine the World Championship, or even the Olympics, where EAch Country got to send it's Best NHL players, Except Some Teams woulnd't release their players for the olympics. Crosby, Thornton, Brodeur, Luongo, Marleau, Iginla, Richards, Boyle wern't allowed to play.

Sure, Canada has enough talent to replace them, and Sure the Patch work Canadian Team might STILL Win the Gold, but if they don't, if someone beats them, be proud of your boys, but all I'm saying is.... Settle down....You didn't beat us at our best.

It's like going into a UFC fight, and the Other Guy has a Pulled Hamstring. If you beat him you beat him. You get the Win on your record, you get the winners Prize money, you get one step closer to a title, or even win a championship.....But really, you know.....you didn't beat the other guy at his best.

I hope some of you Americans can see the point. Maybe that's the difference between us. Canadians are honorable people that if we beat someone and we knew they were down, we're not going to pat ourselves on the back and rub it in their faces. We'll feel almost guilty for taking on someone that wasn't at their best. Where as Americans will take it sing about it, and tell themselves that they're the best.

Go ahead, USA, You did nothing wrong by beating us, But if you want to sing about how you kicked our ******* asses, and brag about the Development of USA Hockey, You've got a Rude awakening come Olympic time.

I don't expect anyone to dispute my points again, for a second time. Because you really can't. So call me a whiner, call me a sore loser, but what you can't do, is you really can't prove me wrong.

Don't let my facts get in the way of your little celebration.

Guest lilja4mvp
You seem to be the one who can't put together a decent argument now.

is this a serious post? what is there to argue? i don't want gramps blabbering on about troops during a hockey broadcast.

i guess i could have tried this technique:

Be a douchebag who s***s on Soldiers?

And so lilja4mvp proves himself to be a COMPLETE moron...

yeah, much better arguments there, sport.

HA, I make a long, Intelligent Response that really Can't Be argued, And All I get is that I'm whining and a sore loser? Way to argue an actual developped thought with Facts to back it up with "you're a sore loser" Typical American not to let facts get in the way of how they feel.

1. I don't care that no Canadian team has won the Cup since 93. I'm a Wings fan, not a Canadian Hockey team Fan.

2. USA hasn't "Come the Furthest" If anything, USA's Dropped off the most, Drowning in Irrelevancy for years until just now in the past 4-5 years they're actually getting Talent again. In the Early - Mid 90's they were almost On par with Canada. Take away Gretzky and Lemieux, and I don't see that Much of a Difference in Canadian and American Hockey. Then You Dropped. No new Great Young Americans until Kessel/Kane/Stastny.....And it's a Bit too early to call them great yet.

3.Don Cherry played a Long Long Proffesional Career in the "Minor" leagues. He played with and against some of the All time Greats. It was a 6 team league back then. Imagine if the NHL was a 6 team League today. Guys like Hlem, Abdelkader, Cleary, Osgood, Howard, and some of your other Favorites wouldn't have even Sniffed the NHL. If the NHL in the 50's were a 30 team league, you're damn sure Cherry would have had a 20 year NHL career.....But again, don't let facts get in the way of your feelings.

4. The Whole A team/B team argument was Mine. Yeah, the entire Country gets up for this tournament as if it were life and death, but really, half our players.....the Better half of our players wern't there. To win with a team like that is cause for celebration, To lose once every 6 years and walk away with a Silver, meh, who cares. Canada Lost the Spengler Cup this year. Got knocked out by the Germans. Does that mean German Hockey is on the Rise, and canadians should be afraid? No, We don't send our Best players to the Spengler Cup, It's not a true representation of Canadian Hockey.

CAN ANYONE NAME THE PAST 6 WINNERS OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OFF THE TOP OF THEIR HEAD?????

No. Why not? Cause world Championship teams consist of the best players on teams that didn't make the playoffs that decide they want to paly another month or so of Hockey. If Canada won the World Championship, Or USA won it, would any one really care? You'll be proud of your boys, but really.....it's not true representations of each countries hockey. Now, Imagine the World Championship, or even the Olympics, where EAch Country got to send it's Best NHL players, Except Some Teams woulnd't release their players for the olympics. Crosby, Thornton, Brodeur, Luongo, Marleau, Iginla, Richards, Boyle wern't allowed to play.

Sure, Canada has enough talent to replace them, and Sure the Patch work Canadian Team might STILL Win the Gold, but if they don't, if someone beats them, be proud of your boys, but all I'm saying is.... Settle down....You didn't beat us at our best.

It's like going into a UFC fight, and the Other Guy has a Pulled Hamstring. If you beat him you beat him. You get the Win on your record, you get the winners Prize money, you get one step closer to a title, or even win a championship.....But really, you know.....you didn't beat the other guy at his best.

I hope some of you Americans can see the point. Maybe that's the difference between us. Canadians are honorable people that if we beat someone and we knew they were down, we're not going to pat ourselves on the back and rub it in their faces. We'll feel almost guilty for taking on someone that wasn't at their best. Where as Americans will take it sing about it, and tell themselves that they're the best.

Go ahead, USA, You did nothing wrong by beating us, But if you want to sing about how you kicked our ******* asses, and brag about the Development of USA Hockey, You've got a Rude awakening come Olympic time.

I don't expect anyone to dispute my points again, for a second time. Because you really can't. So call me a whiner, call me a sore loser, but what you can't do, is you really can't prove me wrong.

Don't let my facts get in the way of your little celebration.

Hey, randomly capitalize a few more words and I'll get back to you.

is this a serious post? what is there to argue? i don't want gramps blabbering on about troops during a hockey broadcast.

I think you are an idiot, and yet I still fight to protect your rights. Unless I'm watching hockey. Then it's my time and you should figure it out yourself. <_<

Hey, randomly capitalize a few more words and I'll get back to you.

I capitalized ONE Sentance, because it's a really good point, and the American readers on here complain about having to read too much. If you read nothing but that sentance, you'll still get the point.

This is pretty much the response I was expecting. You can't attack the points, but this post bothers you. It bothers you because it's true, and there's nothing you can say to dispute it. The only thing you can say against me is that you disapprove of my use of the CAPS lock Key. That's the argument I expected back from the Americans. Way to Prove me right.

I capitalized ONE Sentance, because it's a really good point, and the American readers on here complain about having to read too much. If you read nothing but that sentance, you'll still get the point.

This is pretty much the response I was expecting. You can't attack the points, but this post bothers you. It bothers you because it's true, and there's nothing you can say to dispute it. The only thing you can say against me is that you disapprove of my use of the CAPS lock Key. That's the argument I expected back from the Americans. Way to Prove me right.

Words aren't sentences, and 'sentances' aren't sentences. Thanks for playing though. We have a home version of the game for you.

Is this about me? I think I was the one talking about US hockey coming along way in the last 15 years in a previous post.

They have come along way. Finland, Russia, Sweden, Czechs and Canadians all used to own them in international competition.

Maybe you could explain why he is a senile old man. You sit there and insult him with out really explaining why.

So far you gave us the reason that he talks about soldiers to much. What an *******, eh?