• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

Khan predicts what 'healthy' lineup will look like...coaches a

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Pretty much what you'd expect: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...gin_to_pro.html

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Leino-Filppula-Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Miller

Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Ericsson

Meech

Howard

Osgood

...He says that Miller and Maltby will push Leino...that Abby will be sent down to GR until the playoffs...that May will be placed on waivers (and not picked up)...that Meech will push Lebda...and that if Ozzie can somehow manage to pull even with Jimmy, the job will be his.

I guess the lines make sense. The Bert-Pav-Homer line has developed some nice chemistry together (though I'm not sure it'd be our first line). The Mule-Hank-Clears line was our go to line in the playoffs last season. The Leino-Flip-JWill line was arguably our best to start the season. And the Draper-Helm-Eaves line has been excellent since together.

Leino will have to play real well to keep Miller and Maltby away. I don't think it'll happen. I still think the kid could come around maybe even next season if he's not shipped off, but I think this year's shaping up to be a lost cause for him. He's going to need to take the summer to refocus, work on his weaknesses and come back strong. If he does that, it'll be a good lesson for him to learn and hopefully he can make the most of a training camp opportunity, as that's likely the last opportunity he'll get as a Red Wing.

Eaves is going to be the guy to watch. I think he's just going to keep getting better. I want him signed up for awhile real soon!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I'd want Miller in th elineup over Leino. Leino is still weak on the puck and terrible in the corners. At least Miller looks like he cares out there on the ice.

As far as Lebda is concerned, his level of playing is making it an easy decision to replace him with Meech. Lebda and Ericsson do not play well together at all and Ericsson would benefit from having a partner like Lilja. Too bad it is looking like Lilja's career is over. I really hope not though.

I dunno, people might find this a little of an exaggeration but I honestly find Miller to be about as perfect as a role-player can be so far this season.

He skates hard and he's energetic. He's defensively responsible and he seems to make the right decisions in his own zone. He's clever under pressure (he rarely ices or turns it over), his PK is exceptional -- resting guys like Hank and Pav, and by God, the guys consistently scores. And I mean consistently. I cannot believe how much offense we've seen from him. I'd honestly take him over anyone else in our current bottom 6 not named Helm. I'd even pick him over Cleary.

Edited by Doggy

Guest lilja4mvp
if lebda-ericsson is the 3rd pairing after the trade deadline, i'm going to slash kenny holland's tires.

also, leino can't even keep a 4th line spot now...what in the blue hell makes anyone think he deserves a 3rd line spot once we get 3 more forwards back? the guy is garbage. waive him.

Edited by lilja4mvp

Guest mindfly

Miller brings so much more to this team than Leino, it's a big JOKE if leino stays in the lineup over Miller

Miller brings so much more to this team than Leino, it's a big JOKE if leino stays in the lineup over Miller

i completely agree, he's the largest disappointment for me this season. I drafted Leino in the last round in fantasy gitty like a school boy bc i thought he was a steal... little did i know.

the only way Leino stays in over Miller is if he goes on a tear in the last month of the season, and that aint gonna happen.

I don't think Holmstrom should be in the the top 6 forwards. I realize that he is leading the team in goals but most are off the power play which I would keep him on. Just don't think he is in the same skill level as the guys that should be on the top line. For this reason I think he should be in the bottom 6 forwards either on Helms line or the fourth line line. so the line up would look like this

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Filpula-Cleary

Holmstrom-Helm-Eaves

Miller-Draper-Williams

but I am not a fan of Williams So I personally think we should trade him and if we did I would put Draper on Helms line and put Holmstrom on with Abdelkader and Miller. I think putting Holmstrom on the top line is a waste of his skill. We got the best guy in front of the net trying to tip Zetterberg and Datsyuk shots that were most likely going to go in anyways. I think he should be on a grit line that just gets the puck to the net. Let him deflect shots on goal that the goalie was going to stop. Get him on a line where Helm takes the puck to the net from the corner and let him tap in a few rebounds.

Holmstrom on the third or fourth line provides the following.

1. A extra dimension of scoring to the line by rebounds and tip in from player that might not be as skilled as or top line.

2. Adds a dimension on the first two lines as well Bertuzzi, Franzen, Cleary are all big bodies that can be effective in front of the net. On top of that they are skilled at more then just being in front of the net which mean they can also make skilled plays, take pass and score from more then just a few feet from the net.

3. Give a chance for a aging Holmstrom to remain healthy and be a contributer to this team for longer. He will always be a force on the power play. Something that we could use for a few extra year. The less minutes he plays in a game the more likely it will be that we can milk a year or two extra of his career.

Edited by funguy21

Definately want to keep Miller, Eaves and Bert.

If we lose Leino... we don't really lose much, from the way he's looking.

Mind you, if we lose him, and he becomes good, people here will be like they are with Quincy. We should have kept him, blah, blah, blah, even though now, they hate him.

Although Bertuzzi is not the caliber player that Marian Hossa was with the Wings, he has developed chemistry with Datsyuk that we never saw all last year with Hossa. Hossa is a similar player to Franzen, someone who creates his own opportunities and scores. Bertuzzi knows his primary role is to read Datsyuk's mind and find the open areas to score. This is why I actually prefer Bertuzzi to Hossa on this Red Wings team.

Drew Miller all the life long!!!!!!!

Leino,nothing against him,must be trade IMO before the trade deadline,along with Lebda

(IMO Meech can plays with Ericsson in 3rd defense pairing with no problems)

May > waiver

Laraque (if is possible) > to claim him

How can anyone justify Leino playing over Miller? Leino doesn't do anything better than Miller, including scoring goals, which says something respectively about each player. Miller has also been a huge boost to the PK and he battles way harder than Leino.

Meech over Lebda too.

Edited by GoWings1905

That lineup sucks ass.

Abdelkalder sits while Leino plays? Also, as I said yestereday, Lebda is worse than Meech.

Abdelkader will be sent to GR because we need to clear space and he's the only one we can still actually send down. It won't be a reflection on his playing, just of necessity. He was never intended to play much this season anyway. He'll be back for the playoffs for sure.

I feel bad about letting May go on waivers. I see how it's necessary to clear room, but he's been solid for us and seems like a good guy. At the very least if they were planning on dumping him they should give him some playing time to boost up his value to increase the odds of him getting picked up.

I can't belive you counted how many times you posted the lineup you wanted on here. Maybe you should really watch a game some time and see how bad Leino is playing, miller earned that spot in alot of peoples minds on here. I like everything else though. Abby does not make the cut because we can send him down without losing him, plus he gets alot more playing time down there. Can't wait for the red wings season to start come this late feburary when Franzen joins us.

I can't belive you counted how many times you posted the lineup you wanted on here. Maybe you should really watch a game some time and see how bad Leino is playing, miller earned that spot in alot of peoples minds on here. I like everything else though. Abby does not make the cut because we can send him down without losing him, plus he gets alot more playing time down there. Can't wait for the red wings season to start come this late feburary when Franzen joins us.
Either way, May will be gone.

True. There's no way Leino plays over Miller unless something drastic happens. A good start to the season doesn't mean worth a damn when you do basically nothing in the next 30+ games. By that definition Jimmy Howard sucks because he started the season badly. If Leino thinks he's good enough to get by on talent alone, well, he needs to think again.

True. There's no way Leino plays over Miller unless something drastic happens. A good start to the season doesn't mean worth a damn when you do basically nothing in the next 30+ games. By that definition Jimmy Howard sucks because he started the season badly. If Leino thinks he's good enough to get by on talent alone, well, he needs to think again.
It's kinda stupid to refer Howard to Leino. Leino is a forward. Forward's play on a line with other forwards, so it's a big thing. Chemistry matters. If it's not broken, don't fix it. It never was really broken. The injuries broke it and now it's coming back again.

I don't think Holmstrom should be in the the top 6 forwards. I realize that he is leading the team in goals but most are off the power play which I would keep him on. Just don't think he is in the same skill level as the guys that should be on the top line. For this reason I think he should be in the bottom 6 forwards either on Helms line or the fourth line line. so the line up would look like this

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Filpula-Cleary

Holmstrom-Helm-Eaves

Miller-Draper-Williams

but I am not a fan of Williams So I personally think we should trade him and if we did I would put Draper on Helms line and put Holmstrom on with Abdelkader and Miller. I think putting Holmstrom on the top line is a waste of his skill. We got the best guy in front of the net trying to tip Zetterberg and Datsyuk shots that were most likely going to go in anyways. I think he should be on a grit line that just gets the puck to the net. Let him deflect shots on goal that the goalie was going to stop. Get him on a line where Helm takes the puck to the net from the corner and let him tap in a few rebounds.

Holmstrom was playing good with Datsyuk and Bertuzzi... yeah, he is not as strong of a skater, but he knows how to be in the position and score goals... Putting him on Helms line would completely ruin our most consistent line, and take the checking aspect out of that checking line. Homer belongs in the top six.

Also, why does everybody hate Williams so much.. I still can't figure it out. He was playing pretty good at the beginning of the year and is more skillful than our bottom 6 players. Plus, if you think the wings would trade a guy they signed for one year, your crazy. Williams will give this team more depth when he comes back, both even strength and power play.