• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
luvmnger

jack johnson available?

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

This makes me glad that Ken Holland is the Wings' GM.

Career Numbers:

GP: 169 G: 13 A: 27 +/-: -60

Overall Johnson is a mediocre defenseman and is averaging a -18 over his career. I think we have enough of a defensive liability in Lebda.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blo...bulous+Forum%29

wow....does this GM want to unload him cheap?.....

tell you what....johnson "the horrible" for leino straight up.

how about it....smart guy.

Johnson has been a huge disappointment. He was very, very highly touted coming into the league (after a brilliant WJC) and hasn't lived up to those expectations in the slightest.

Johnson has been a huge disappointment. He was very, very highly touted coming into the league (after a brilliant WJC) and hasn't lived up to those expectations in the slightest.

Yeah, it seems like he became a star without actually become a star. All the JMFJ hype and comparisons to established NHLers haven't even come close to panning out yet. No bulls***, I would rather have Brett Lebda on this team than Jack Johnson.

A bit unnecessary to call out a school that a player played for, considering that he is far from the only product of that school.

His cap hit is 1.425. Him for Lebda and Leino?

It doesn't take much to fill Lebda's skates, and we don't have to worry about "Leino or Miller" when Homer and/or Willy return.

Looking at his stats, his -18 is concerning, but I haven't watched him, so I don't know why that is the case. It could be something fixable.

If he's that horrible, at least we can still play Meech over him, and we have saved a player better than Leino from the waiver wire.

If nothing else, this allows LGW to replace 2 whipping boys with one.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
A bit unnecessary to call out a school that a player played for, considering that he is far from the only product of that school.

His cap hit is 1.425. Him for Lebda and Leino?

It doesn't take much to fill Lebda's skates, and we don't have to worry about "Leino or Miller" when Homer and/or Willy return.

Looking at his stats, his -18 is concerning, but I haven't watched him, so I don't know why that is the case. It could be something fixable.

If he's that horrible, at least we can still play Meech over him, and we have saved a player better than Leino from the waiver wire.

If nothing else, this allows LGW to replace 2 whipping boys with one.

I've watched quite a few Kings games this year on NHL Game Center and he just isn't a great defender. Johnson is most definitely an offensive defensman but he doesn't put up the offensive numbers.

Career wise, Lebda's +/- is 18 points higher. As bad as it sounds, the Wings are better off with Lebda.

I've watched quite a few Kings games this year on NHL Game Center and he just isn't a great defender. Johnson is most definitely an offensive defensman but he doesn't put up the offensive numbers.

Career wise, Lebda's +/- is 18 points higher. As bad as it sounds, the Wings are better off with Lebda.

Thanks for the input.

We might as well just send Lebda/Leino down than trade for someone who should get sent down. I guess the only advantage is gaining a bit of cap space, but at this point, I don't think that's a big deal.

I'm glad some of you guys arent the Wings GM. Johnson for Lebda would be the steal of the century. If you would rather have Lebda you are either drunk or dellusional, possibly both. Plus/Minus is perhaps the most overated stat in all of sports. There are 4 other players on the ice who play a huge role in its outcome. The Kings have sucked every year he has played for them until this half season when theyre above average. Anze Kopitar is -40 in his career so I guess Leino is better than him too.

I'm glad some of you guys arent the Wings GM. Johnson for Lebda would be the steal of the century. If you would rather have Lebda you are either drunk or dellusional, possibly both. Plus/Minus is perhaps the most overated stat in all of sports. There are 4 other players on the ice who play a huge role in its outcome. The Kings have sucked every year he has played for them until this half season when theyre above average. Anze Kopitar is -40 in his career so I guess Leino is better than him too.

^This.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Kopitar also has 251 career points.

To each his own. I watch Johnson play and he is just not that good IMO. I can guarantee you that LA would not take Lebda for Johnson straight up. That would be extremely stupid on their part. Although Johnson has not produced or lived up to all the hype, he still has some trade value.

There'd be a HUGE difference of him being a bottom paired D and expected to be a top 2 right out of the gate, on a defensively weak LA - I'd welcome him here with open arms and it'd be a steal.... I guarantee those numbers would drastically improve here and maybe he'd have a chance to actually grow into that hype....

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Dan Cleary.

Let's be realistic though. How many Dan Cleary's got another chance and didn't produce? Cleary is a great player for us, but it is rare to see a trun around like that.

Where would you insert Jack Johnson into our current roster? He's not going to replace any of our top 4, so he'd go on the 3rd pairing. Have you ever actually watched him try to play defense? This conversation has nothing to do with +/- and everything to do with Johnson's past production and huge lapses in defensive play. He's a big, powerful guy and a terrific skater, but his hockey IQ is very low considering how highly touted he was (is) as a prospect.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Patrick Eaves

Cleary and Eaves are two different cases. Eaves posted 29 points in 2005-06 and 32 points in 2006-07. Then he spent a great deal of 2007-08 injured so of course his production tailed off. 2008-09 was no better. Eaves wasn't exactly the player on the outs that Cleary was.

Now start listing all of the other players that don't make it. The list is a lot longer.

Lebda and Leino for Johnson. Heck even throw a mid round pick in there and I would be sold.

A young guy with potential like his for a guy who has reached his career potential and a guy who barely has career potential sounds good to me.

He seemed like a sold porspect watchign him at the World Juniors and he seemed mean to. (Elbow on Steve Downie anyone?)

Now start listing all of the other players that don't make it. The list is a lot longer.

and most of that list includes guys that never got a second chance in a positive environment and were expected to be the savior of the organization right out of the gate... not everyone is an Ovechkin, some players NEED development...

at first when i read the link, i was like WOW, who the hell does this Lombardi guy think he is.

but then i went to the source, and read the entire article. Lombardi justified his statements, and since I don't know Jack Johnson personally, all I can say is, you listen to your boss. You listen to the guy who has been made chief, in a business that you work, in the freaking NHL!

I don't know how it went down, but when it comes to young "superstars" you probably have to show him tape, and be patient with the kid. Show him examples of what he did wrong, and what he did right. Hell, give him the tapes of our captian, good ol #5 and say... try to do what he does, then show him tape of Konstatinov and say try to do what he does. Mix in your own stuff, and there you go.

but you can't just blast a kid in the media and expect him change his ways, which i don't think Lombardi did.

growing pains, reminds me of when Bowman came to town and had to show Stevie the "light".

holler back.

Tony

Guest Howard He Do It?!
and most of that list includes guys that never got a second chance in a positive environment and were expected to be the savior of the organization right out of the gate... not everyone is an Ovechkin, some players NEED development...

There are plenty of players that are pressured into being a savior and flop but there are just as many that get development and flop.

Keep in mind JJ is only 23. He would still be in Grand Rapids developing if he was part of the Wings system. Cleary was already around 26 when he came to the Wings and had played parts of 7 NHL seasons. They're very different situations. I wouldn't call JJ a fully developed player yet by any means. He still has a ton of time to mature and live up to hype and potential.

Cleary and Eaves are two different cases. Eaves posted 29 points in 2005-06 and 32 points in 2006-07. Then he spent a great deal of 2007-08 injured so of course his production tailed off. 2008-09 was no better. Eaves wasn't exactly the player on the outs that Cleary was.

Chris Osgood.

Keep in mind JJ is only 23. He would still be in Grand Rapids developing if he was part of the Wings system. Cleary was already around 26 when he came to the Wings and had played parts of 7 NHL seasons. They're very different situations. I wouldn't call JJ a fully developed player yet by any means. He still has a ton of time to mature and live up to hype and potential.

exactly.