• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FunkedUp

Lilja sent to GR

Rate this topic

Such awesome news, unfortunately - I won't be able to make it to Friday or Saturday's game (:(). I am happy that he's on the road back, though.

When you do get to go, keep us posted, OK? Thanks! :thumbup:

But Friday is $1 beer night!

Well, I'm not much of a beer drinker for starters, and secondly, the tickets for the Saturday night game were only $10 each (thanks to AAA Michigan membership, we got a discount). So who am I to complain?

Well, I'm not much of a beer drinker for starters, and secondly, the tickets for the Saturday night game were only $10 each (thanks to AAA Michigan membership, we got a discount). So who am I to complain?

That's awesome. I love that the Griffins make their games so accessible. In addition to Fridays being $1 beer night, they also offer discounts for students. I got tickets 4 rows from the ice behind the visitor's goal for $10 each last Friday.

It's actually Saturday that I'm going to the game, and yes, I hope to see him there. Four rows from the ice in the corner, I might be able to get some good shots. I can't wait! It'll be so good to see him back skating again.

We've got tickets to Saturday's game also. It'll be great to see both Abdelkader and Lilja!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

We've got tickets to Saturday's game also. It'll be great to see both Abdelkader and Lilja!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That's so awesome for the both of you! I wish I didn't work Friday and Saturday night.

Not to hijack the thread, but I thought for sure they'd stick Abby on the first line the other night - if only for the introductions, but they didn't. I even got their early in hopes of hearing the roof come off the Van Andel. Oh well.

addressing the Lilja come back: Godspeed Andreas, i honestly didn't think you'd be coming back

and for people saying Leino would be waived: who originally said he'd be waived due to lack of playing time, the article writer? i just don't understand why the organization would throw the towel in on this kid so quickly - albeit as underwhelming as he has been...

Not so much 'throwing in the towel' as it is a lack of options. Someone HAS to go (multiple players actually).

If Lilja comes back first, we'll need to move 1 player for roster limit, any salary. May is probably most likely to clear waivers, so that would be my guess.

If Franzen comes back first, we need to move about $750k worth of salary. May alone wouldn't be enough, but Leino would.

When both are back (assuming Lilja does in fact return) we need to move almost 2 million in salary. (Assuming no one else goes on LTIR) it will certainly be interesting. May, Leino, Lebda is not enough.

We could very well see some major sort of trade. Zetterberg, Franzen, Lidstrom, Helm, Howard, and Draper probably the only untouchables.

That's awesome. I love that the Griffins make their games so accessible. In addition to Fridays being $1 beer night, they also offer discounts for students. I got tickets 4 rows from the ice behind the visitor's goal for $10 each last Friday.

That's about where we are going to be - in the corner, four rows up. I can't wait!

We could very well see some major sort of trade. Zetterberg, Franzen, Lidstrom, Helm, Howard, and Draper probably the only untouchables.

Key names not on that list. I'll give you a hint:

13 and 55.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Key names not on that list. I'll give you a hint:

13 and 55.

I doubt Kronwall is "untouchable". He was almost swapped for Brian Campbell 2 years ago at the deadline, but Holland asked for Stafford to be included and he was denied. Doesn't seem untouchable to me.

Anyways, good luck to Lilja tonight.

Guest zackmorris

I'm glad he's able to play. It looked for a little while like he'd never play hockey again. I've seen a ton of concussion symptoms like his and most people don't ever fully recover enough. He's lucky.

I was rummaging around my hockey cards one day and found a Lilja card, so I put it in my laptop bag that I take with me everywhere as a sort of good luck thing hoping he'll get better. Maybe it was silly but I asid I wouldn't take it out until he played again.

I'm hoping I can put it back into my collection and he sees a long healthy career.

http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-repo...game_id=1006771

Well, it looks like he was kinda a non-factor, which is just fine for his first game imo. Only stat for him is he was -1. Anyone watch the game? How'd he look? It doesn't give TOI which is something I was interested in definitely.

they reported in the Wings game he was playing big minutes, PP, PK and looked VERY well conditioned... stats don't always tell the whole story...

I think this is a VERY good sign...

they reported in the Wings game he was playing big minutes, PP, PK and looked VERY well conditioned... stats don't always tell the whole story...

I think this is a VERY good sign...

I agree, I am really hoping to see him back and playing well. Perhaps some of it, in my mind, has to do with Detroit's past bad luck with defensemen, but for the most part it boils down to that Detroit could use another effective defensive-defenseman right now. Lilja could be that guy.

Guest zackmorris

Lilja would be perfect on the third pairing right now. Our 3rd pairing has usually been E/Lebda, which doesn't mix at all. They're both prone to turnovers and both are offensive defenseman. That's suicidal. Look how well Janik looked when he came up. A pairing I always believe should be balanced, especially when it's a third pairing who cough pucks up.

Lilja with E will allow E to play his game and will be back to make up for his mistakes far more than Lebda or Meech ever will. If we want a defensive dman, he is it.