• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

miller76

Khan's take on who goes

Rate this topic

His 3 most likely players leaving would be: Leino, May, and Meech. i wont shed a tear.

If the grace and favor of the lord shine upon us I might be swayed into shedding a tear of joy should Brett Lebda be departing.

This does seem like the surefire solution as it stands right now.

Leino is a young player in his rookie season, I'm willing to give him a bit more time. We saw flashes of what he can do last season......I don't wanna give up on him quite yet. In all honesty, I'd rather see Maltby attempt to be traded or waived then Leino. First off, Maltby is old, does not have much hockey left in him, and does just as little if not less then Leino. Plus, he would be VERY unlikely to be claimed off waivers while Leino would undoubtedly be. We can't afford to be keeping people for loyalty purposes anymore.

As for May, I wouldn't really mind seeing him go. He was useful at the beginning of the season but has seemed to do jack s*** for the last few months.

And as for defense, I'd really rather see Meech kept in the lineup over Lebda.

So, my picks would be: May, Maltby, Lebda - BUH BYE.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Leino is a young player in his rookie season, I'm willing to give him a bit more time. We saw flashes of what he can do last season......I don't wanna give up on him quite yet. In all honesty, I'd rather see Maltby attempt to be traded or waived then Leino. First off, Maltby is old, does not have much hockey left in him, and does just as little if not less then Leino. Plus, he would be VERY unlikely to be claimed off waivers while Leino would undoubtedly be. We can't afford to be keeping people for loyalty purposes anymore.

As for May, I wouldn't really mind seeing him go. He was useful at the beginning of the season but has seemed to do jack s*** for the last few months.

No Jason Williams?

No Jason Williams?

In a perfect world, hell yes. But I also have to be realistic at this point and acknowledge the fact that, on a team starved for offense, Williams will (hopefully) put up more points than Maltby would.

But as I said, if we were scoring just somewhat more, I wouldn't mind seeing him shipped off for a jar of mayonnaise.

In a perfect world, hell yes. But I also have to be realistic at this point and acknowledge the fact that, on a team starved for offense, Williams will (hopefully) put up more points than Maltby would.

But as I said, if we were scoring just somewhat more, I wouldn't mind seeing him shipped off for a jar of mayonnaise.

Is it that unfathomable for a team to take on Williams and Lebda's contracts combined? With those guys you can at least make a decent selling attempt. Williams does have some skill and Lebda has speed and playoff experience.

It's pretty unfortunate for Leino that this had to be his rookie season. Any other year he would have had a more consistent team to play with and not as much pressure on him, and he might have flourished. Still, Miller and Eaves came in and outperformed him, so there isn't a whole lot you can do to defend him other than say he still has potential (which the Wings can't really wait for unless the injuries stretch on).

Guest zackmorris

The rare scenario that's upon us is just unfortunate for Leino, who may well develop into a very good player. We just need to shed cash quickly. Most other years we could let him find his game but not this year.

If Lilja comes back and we need to axe someone else as well, say goodbye to Meech. We won't carry 8 dmen, and we'd rather have May than Meech if our coaching staff had to choose. May can sit in the AHL for 20 games until the playoffs and we can insert him if we play a goon team like Cgy or Ana.

I would actually consider trading Williams, and while Khan mentioned we need offense and that's true you have to weight the pros of dealing him for picks against the offense he adds. Do we need it all that badly, or would we be managing the future better if we could snag a late round pick for him? That pick has a great chance of turning out to be worth more than Williams is now sometime down the road.

Edited by zackmorris

Is it that unfathomable for a team to take on Williams and Lebda's contracts combined? With those guys you can at least make a decent selling attempt. Williams does have some skill and Lebda has speed and playoff experience.

Yes, that actually would be a nice package for some decent draft picks. Like I said though, the one thing we can't afford to do right now is shed potential offense, and shedding Williams would be doing just that. If our offense wasn't such s***, I'd be all over it.

Guest zackmorris

I think we can live without Williams. We're getting Franzen back and I think our problems don't lie so much in purely not being able to score, but not being in a groove. We're not playing well as a team and have no chemistry. Once we get that, we can live without Williams I think. If we get someone offering a decent deal for him, take it. I don't ever want to be the team who only thinks about the now now now and never the future. Too many teams stay horrible for years under that mindset.

lebda, meech no problem if they go id rather see janik and kindl in the line-up janik played better then meech has or lebda leino i would not let walk for nothing. you can see the potential in him some nights so a team is out there willing to make a deal for him. may i think has played great for the wings he goes hard every shift, will drop the mitts when he has to always makes a hit and causes turnovers all the time. at this point maltby should go before may.

but lebda,meech could be waived and leino i wouldn't let walk for nothing personally.

do we not remember his first NHL goal in his first NHL game look how he takes the puck and delays and waits. he has it in him somewhere!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBiW3CPuFo

Agreed, I'd hate it if the Wings give up on Leino in favor of guys like May and Maltby. Yeah I know Malts has done a lot for the organization and there's the loyalty factor, but most nights I don't even notice that he's playing. May isn't doing much most nights either, it seems he rarely fights anymore. And we all know he's not exactly the future for this team.

Leino has potential and he could be one of those guys that if we let him go we could really regret it in a season or three, giving us another Quincey-scenario where every damn poster brings him up everytime the Wings lose.. "I can't believe Holland let go of Leino instead of [insert player]... I always knew Leino would become a superstar, Holland is an idiot!!1!!11!!"

Agreed, I'd hate it if the Wings give up on Leino in favor of guys like May and Maltby. Yeah I know Malts has done a lot for the organization and there's the loyalty factor, but most nights I don't even notice that he's playing. May isn't doing much most nights either, it seems he rarely fights anymore. And we all know he's not exactly the future for this team.

Leino has potential and he could be one of those guys that if we let him go we could really regret it in a season or three, giving us another Quincey-scenario where every damn poster brings him up everytime the Wings lose.. "I can't believe Holland let go of Leino instead of [insert player]... I always knew Leino would become a superstar, Holland is an idiot!!1!!11!!"

Yep. If Leino is still playing poorly by this time next season, I'd get rid of him. Until then, let it be.

This.

May has done that he's been asked to do...I hope he stays as well.

Sorry, but May has been the least entertaining guy on the team in the last few months, id rather watch Leino lose every puck battle then watch May drift around and not deliver big hits and not fight night in and night out. I would usually bite my tongue before saying this, but May makes me miss Downey.

In my honest (and stupid) opinion, I'd be willing to try to part ways first with Lebda or Meech. They probably have some decent trade value, though not deal breakers.

With Leino, he's obviously been a big disappointment this year, but I'd be still willing to give him more time as he's still a rookie/young etc. If they try to get rid of him first through waivers and he doesn't want to go to Grand Rapids, let him do his thing in Finland.

Slim/none that Maltby goes, whether you like it or not, there is a loyalty factor there that can't be denied.

Brad May, I would hope they'd keep him around even if he were just a healthy scratch the majority of games. If they do put him on waivers, I doubt he'd be claimed (just my guessing though).