• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/6 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Kings 4

Rate this topic

I don't know what to say...

I don't think it's quite that bad, but something is not working. Since we started getting guys back the defense has gone back to SUFFERING on so many levels. We were terrible in October defensively, then guys got injured and we had to tighten up, then guys come back and we're sloppy again.

You can't make Ericsson grow up overnight. I don't know what Stuart's deal is lately. He was a rock for a long time when we needed it in a pinch but has been on-off to the extremes the last ten games or so. Kronwall can't seem to stay healthy. What can you expect from Meech and Lebda? Lids and Rafs are fine.

I don't know what you do there. Kronwall needs to stay healthy, Stuart needs to get his head back together and we could really use Lilja back here fast.

I'll tell you one thing though that I really don't like about this team right now: it seems lacking in chemistry. The Helm-Draper-Eaves line is a legitimate line. Dats-Homer-Bert was finally looking like a real good line. But everywhere in-between has been a mess...things changing every day, even throughout games.

But nothing's really clicking, hence why I'd like to see them make a move or two if only to try and change the formula a bit. I don't expect any big names to come or go, but I really think we need some balance. Balance will help create more cohesive lines and maybe then we could actually get some chemistry going now that most of our guys are back.

I'm still optimistic because I think a lot of the pieces are there and I think this team for the most part still has a lot of potential.

But something's not working.

It has nothing to do with the players we do or don't have, it's the motivation and that killer instinct we lack.

I'm going to retain that period of play in my mind for any time someone tries to tell me Stuart has been our best defenseman this season.... absolutely not true.. and he's now looking at -14 on the season, after a paltry -3 last season on the league's best offensive team.

To be fair he does make some great plays... but at the same time a lot of goals go in while he is on the ice.

Lids is by far our best defenseman, no question at this point.

To be fair he does make some great plays... but at the same time a lot of goals go in while he is on the ice.

Lids is by far our best defenseman, no question at this point.

I like Stuart, I'm just a little tired of hearing how great he plays day in and day out by LGWers... He's rarely as solid/physical as people try to make him out to be.

I think I can sum up that period in a single word... "BLECH!"

More injuries. More total defensive collapse. More epic brainfarts with the puck. I know I SHOULD be used to this by this point in the season, but it still is coming as a surprise.