• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/6 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Kings 4

Rate this topic

You know how some of the players were rated throughout the season and by their performance, they were either selected or not to the Olympic team? I wonder if watching the coaches, Lemair and Ruff should be head coaches and Babcock, Hitchcock should be assistants.

I think Stevie Y, Ken Holland and Babcock is thinking Olympics and not caring enough about the Wings this season. They must be thinking if they can win gold then it doesn't matter what happens here with the RW.

I've had enough about this s*** talk again. I've lucky today to be able to attend to the game.

1st period: Fairly even, same shots on net registered, but wings have been really opportunistic. This was a good sign like the wings were somehow finding their way :).

2nd Period: too many block shots too many PKs... indeed, i had no TV speakers but from what i saw, Eaves and Miller both got hurt on blocking shots.

Howard giving up a very soft one... then it was it, the Kings were rolling.

3rd Period, the Wings really played well and it happened same things that happened all the previous seasons. Indeed, like the past years we dominate (all the game at that time, just the period today) but we get outscored somehow, those are just things that are part of the game.

Note: we went down from 12 to 9 forward at mid game it is then pretty hard to find your new pace in the fly.

During period 3 Kings' attendance was quiet and ppl behind me we even scared, and i heard them say "Oh God the wings are finding their game back". This is something to understand nonetheless.

Last point: Kings were on a 8 wins stretch tying the franchise record. They were coming from a 5-0-0 road trip, with also a 8win out of their 9 shootouts, and a 10-1-2 the past 13. On top of that, kings are 22-0-0 when leading after 2 periods.

This is simply proving that this year Kings aren't just the s***ty team we were used to see. They fought today to make history.

So even for me as a Redwings fan i was disapointed (first time in my life i've attended to a wings game), but the Wings weren't THAT bad in this game.

At least Abdelkader might be back! :yowza:

LOL that should really help.. The only players on the team with worse +/- are Ericsson and Stuart who are both -19.

Interesting that Babcock LIKED the team's play. Wonder if he will be as satisfied if the Canadian team turns in the same game. My, MY not even BRONZE.

Guest micah
I've had multiple experiences with 3 of those 5 guys while they were in drunken states over the years. It definitely can get interesting... :lol:

Edited by micah

I'd be more pissed if my team missed the playoffs 6 straight seasons and the highlight of their decade was winning a first round playoff series against an injured Wings team, and then losing in the next round.

I am not pissed. Some people are, but it is what it is. I am from So Cal. I am a Kings fan. Good, bad, ugly, indifferent, bad trades, bad GM's, bad coaches. That is why I am a sports fan. I don't jump ship because we we have been a below mediocre franchise for 40 years. You root for a team because you love them. I can recall when the Wings had to give cars away to attract fans to their games and it was not that long ago. Maybe my team's time is coming and maybe it is not. I will still wear my jersey, I will still go to games and I will stiil rant and rave everytime they blow 3-0 lead. Just like all other hockey fans.

BTW-that was not the highlight of the decade for most Kings fans.