• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Wings To Make Another Move This Week?

Rate this topic

didnt afinogenov, and hemsky ( or was it horcoff ?) practice with the wings in the offseason?

i could totally see afinogenov being the guy were after.

money/talent/UFA

that spells a big time chance to me.

my bet....

meech + may for afinogenov

the prospect/picks could go either way

Atlanta makes some pretty questionable trades, but this one would go straight to the top of the list.

Guest Lidstromboli

don't see why atlanta wouldn't try to keep Afinogenov consider the loss of Kovalchuk

ATL-Afinogenov(800K),DAL-eriksson(1.6mill),PHX-upshall (1.5mill),SJ-setoguchi (1.3mill)

anything over 1 million is not doable without giving up Williams, Bertuzzi, Cleary, lilja, or Val.

Afinogenov would work if they moved Meech and Lebda and waived May. If my math is right.

Perhaps Lebda for the highest pick we can get for him, then Meech and the lowest pick we can convince Atlanta to take might work... We would have to pray that no substantial injuries happened to the Defense until the playoffs, but it is the only top six forward that I saw that would actually help us and could be aquired within our cap.

Maybe we could just trade Bertuzzi for Prospal, as we should have signed him in the first place instead. That would clear 400k and you know help our offense... sigh Kenny you really had a bad offseason...

why does everyone hate on raffy so much? hes not the one minus 15 or 16. hes plus 16 2nd best on the team.

stuart 79 goals against

ericsson 55 goals against

lids 46 goals against

rafalski 39 goals against

lebda 32 goals against

Rafalski plays with Lidstrom. Rafalski doesn't play that much in defensive situations.

As said 3543 times before: trade/waive Williams, Lebda and May to get that 3rd line center. It's a shame we already trade Leino to a 5th as we could've easily used him as part of the package.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Miller-"X"-Cleary

Draper-Helm-Eaves

+ Maltby

lol @ everyone that thinks any of the UFA's (Williams, Bert) are going to be traded. teams don't trade top 6 forwards for players that are going to become unrestricted free agents at the end of the year....they trade them for assets. What's Williams and Bert going to do for a rebuilding team at the end of the year when their not even signed? The only teams that might have interest in these guys are teams in the playoff picture...and they wouldn't be parting with a top forward.

exactly we do not need another C, we need a RW that can just score that is all. we should send rafalski to FLA for horton. I use to play hockey with nate and the was rumors all last year he wanted to be traded once the traded away Jay B

anything over 1 million is not doable without giving up Williams, Bertuzzi, Cleary, lilja, or Val.

Afinogenov would work if they moved Meech and Lebda and waived May. If my math is right.

Perhaps Lebda for the highest pick we can get for him, then Meech and the lowest pick we can convince Atlanta to take might work... We would have to pray that no substantial injuries happened to the Defense until the playoffs, but it is the only top six forward that I saw that would actually help us and could be aquired within our cap.

Maybe we could just trade Bertuzzi for Prospal, as we should have signed him in the first place instead. That would clear 400k and you know help our offense... sigh Kenny you really had a bad offseason...

I don't see us trading one of our leading scorers. I don't see much happening at all really.

UFA's are not being traded.

I would really like to see Holland move a decent sized contract just to change things up. I'm not going to speculate on who, or even say he should do it. I'd just wouldn't mind seeing Holland jostle the line up a bit.

UFA's are not being traded.

I would really like to see Holland move a decent sized contract just to change things up. I'm not going to speculate on who, or even say he should do it. I'd just wouldn't mind seeing Holland jostle the line up a bit.

I kind of agree with this... I would imagine, if he were to move a decent sized contract, it would be a defensemen for a forward... then again, he might just wait to see how the team plays this week, considering they will finally have a completely "healthy" team (minus Eaves) on Tuesday.

rafalski's contract is crazy there is no doubt about that he defintly does not deserve 6 mill a season when lidstrom is only making 7.5 and kronwall is making like 3. kronwall is a better all round defense man then rafalski is, rafalski should be in the 3-4 mill range. i personally would like to see

kronwall-lidstrom

stuart-rafalski

ericsson-lebda/janik/lilja

if rafalski had the contract he deserved the wings would have that little extra cap space to play with

there are some slow people here, yeah.

Especially since other GMs know are situation. They arent oblivious to our cap problems and struggles to win. They arent going to say to themselves "Man i feel sorry for the Wing's this year lets let them give us a crappy trade". I have a feeling no more significant trades will be made for that fact alone.

:confused1: Huh? :nono:

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer

Guest Lidstromboli

why would they move their second leading scorer when they've been lacking in that department?

why would they move their second leading scorer when they've been lacking in that department?

As has been pointed out, people on LGW think that Atlanta would give up their now-leading scorer for some odds and ends (when the guy in question is only making 800k, which really only makes him more valuable).