• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Wings To Make Another Move This Week?

Rate this topic

Everyone's just mad because Rafalski has McCabe syndrome. He's a good player, but is being overpaid by 1-2 million. I just don't like his lack of consistency defensively... I think we can chalk up his (and Lidstrom's) offensive issues to all the injuries.

Everyone's just mad because Rafalski has McCabe syndrome. He's a good player, but is being overpaid by 1-2 million. I just don't like his lack of consistency defensively... I think we can chalk up his (and Lidstrom's) offensive issues to all the injuries.

I always thought a player got smarter defensively as his career and understanding of the game went on.

For some reason, that progression has completely escaped Rafalski. He's gotten worse defensively every year he's been here.

why does everyone hate on raffy so much? hes not the one minus 15 or 16. hes plus 16 2nd best on the team.

stuart 79 goals against

ericsson 55 goals against

lids 46 goals against

rafalski 39 goals against

lebda 32 goals against

He also plays with Lidstrom most of the time.

Guest Lidstromboli
why does everyone hate on raffy so much? hes not the one minus 15 or 16. hes plus 16 2nd best on the team.

stuart 79 goals against

ericsson 55 goals against

lids 46 goals against

rafalski 39 goals against

lebda 32 goals against

where'd you get these numbers from?

We forget so quickly around here!

Even when he was playing well, he was overpaid. That contract term is one of the reasons this team is where it is. There's a reason that Mathieu Schneider only got 2 years when he signed with Anaheim....why did we respond by handing out 5 a forward who plays defense full time?

On hnic last night pierre lebrun said that KH denied going after Ponikarovski because he had no money to spend. take that fwiw

The fact that Lebrun even mentioned that Kenny had to deny that means there's probably something there. :cool:

Guest Lidstromboli

can we get that one guy that talked to kenny about williams to confirm this?

The fact that Lebrun even mentioned that Kenny had to deny that means there's probably something there. :cool:

Yeah, we should all know by now that if Holland denies something he's really going to pull off twice as much as the rumors say.

I can definitely see Williams being part of a package. The guy has done nothing in his career and has continued to do nothign while he's here. Are there are teams that desperately need whatever it is he provides that might offer up a hard-working gritty forward who can score goals?

Yeah, we should all know by now that if Holland denies something he's really going to pull off twice as much as the rumors say.

I can definitely see Williams being part of a package. The guy has done nothing in his career and has continued to do nothign while he's here. Are there are teams that desperately need whatever it is he provides that might offer up a hard-working gritty forward who can score goals?

Nothing?

The more I think about this the more I think - Lilja better be damn well worth his cap space.

Damn well worth it. Damn damn damn well worth it.

then we try to trade him, if not we have no choice but waive him, the aspect of fighting and being physical part of his game is gone so i dont see him being effective besides on the PK.

then we try to trade him, if not we have no choice but waive him, the aspect of fighting and being physical part of his game is gone so i dont see him being effective besides on the PK.

I don't see them trading the guy that they never gave up on for the past year

I really wanna see Tollefson in the bottom six with either Lilja or Ericsson....anyone else?

Dont know alot about him, seen some fights of his, and love the fact that hes a big body. I wouldnt mind seeing him with an Ericsson and see if they can level a few guys. But not to sure on how well he plays defense.

didnt afinogenov, and hemsky ( or was it horcoff ?) practice with the wings in the offseason?

i could totally see afinogenov being the guy were after.

money/talent/UFA

that spells a big time chance to me.

my bet....

meech + may for afinogenov

the prospect/picks could go either way

ATL-Afinogenov(800K),DAL-eriksson(1.6mill),PHX-upshall (1.5mill),SJ-setoguchi (1.3mill)

all good RW that can put the puck in the net. I know setoguchi is a long shot and also eriksson to but you never know SJ could be looking to add some D for a playoff run, they have no problem scoring goals in the playoffs and reg season but its the goaltending, so maybe a guys like stuart,rafalski could be what som contenders are looking for before the playoffs start.I personally think eriksson is the best fit for the wings his style and his play would work perfectly with dats or z. or i would like to see what KH does this off season with a little extra cap space with all our FA and see with big nicks decides to do.

Dont know alot about him, seen some fights of his, and love the fact that hes a big body. I wouldnt mind seeing him with an Ericsson and see if they can level a few guys. But not to sure on how well he plays defense.

I don't expect him to play a single game in his career in a Wings' sweater.