• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Pre-Olympic Trade Deadline Talk

Rate this topic

I love wild speculation.

Filpulla and Lebda to Florida for Vokoun. Waive Osgood, put Maltby on LTIR.

Does any of that make sense? I don't care.

first, trade Lebda and Meech to Washington for Ovechkin and Backstrom, then trade Howard to Vancouver for Luongo, then bring Gerard Gallant out of retirement and trade him to Calgary for Jerome Iginla... trade Stuart and Rafalski's no trade clauses (not the players themselves, but actually trade their no trade clauses for a bag of pucks - this frees the player up to then be traded), then trade Rafalski for Atlanta's next 12 first round picks and Stuart to Tampa Bay for Vinny Lecavalier and Marty St. Louis... then trade Filpulla for Boogard (who needs a soft euro that's defensively responsible and capable of 80 pt seasons??!!? - we need toughness!) promote McCollum, Kindl, Brendan Smith and a 14 year old prospect from BC - because he won a ton of fights in Bantam AAA and we really need that grit on the back end... force Holmstrom, Draper, Lilja, Maltby and Osgood to all retire... finally, get everyone to restructure their contracts (even though the CBA doesn't allow contract restructuring - they'll make an exception!) for league minimum

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Ovechkin

Franzen-Backstrom-Iginla

Cleary-Lecavalier-St.Louis

Abdelkader-Helm-Boogard

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Kindl

Smith-14 year old prospect

Luongo

McCollum

what an infusion of vets and prospects!

:blink: :blink: :blink:

COME ON PEOPLE - LOGIC!

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Yea, because Fla wouldn't want more than that in return and we'd still be in cap hell... <_<

I hate trade proposals on this board... they're never even close to logical...

Horton is on the IR too. I don't think you can move players on the IR.

I love wild speculation.

Wild speculation is one thing...

Insanity, is completely different. :lol:

j/k.

I dunno i would have a hard time rooting for that guy. Although i love Avery, so maybe im just weird.

Don't want to go way off topic, but I would love to have a couple guys that played a little "dirty" once in a while. It has worked in the NHL for many years, it ain't gonna' stop anytime soon.

Now back to the trade speculation...

I love wild speculation.

Osgood to Vancouver for Roberto Luongo and a 2nd rounder. Meech for Dave Bolland, Dion Phanuef (Leafs get Vancouver's pick), and the rights to Darren Pang.

Waive Lebda, May, and Van Zant.

Trading Fil right now could work and Florida did say that everyone is on the block. If you are including some draft picks this could actually work. They both have similar salaries too.

Edited by topshelf14

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Then why didn't he play for like 5 games after he was acquired?

Probably a "healthy" scratch.

hmmm... you don't say? ^_^

well, Burke does love dealing with his old teams, haha

if I had to guess, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in CHI - they still need to unload guys who will be in line for a raise and get them out of cap hell, it's out of conference and CHI gets him as a rental...

Guest Howard He Do It?!
I don't suppose that Eaves could be the one going on IR, could he? That, waiving May, and a trade of Lebda for nothing would open up enough space.

This is also a possibility, but I am more inclined to believe that it is Kronwall. The Wings have been pretty forthright with Eaves' injury. Not so much with Kronwall.

Quote from 2007 article:

"Just before the deadline, the Red Wings traded forward Shawn Matthias and two conditional draft picks to the Florida Panthers for Todd Bertuzzi. While Bertuzzi is currently injured, the Wings are hoping he will be ready to rumble before the calendars turn to April"

So apparently you can...

Probably a "healthy" scratch.

exactly - a guy can be put back as active contractually to make a move and then just set as a healthy scratch after the move, so he still has time to complete healing - it is against the rules to move a guy when he's on the IR