• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#621 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:37 PM

Hey Ovechkin has almost ended 6 players' seasons and has been suspended 3 times in a year.

WHO CARES CROSBY CROSSCHECKED SOMEONE OMGGGGGG

I'm sure I only speak for myself, but I think Ovechkin is an incredibly reckless player and I don't like him at all.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#622 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Thanks for posting!

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#623 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Then why does Yzerman say he is impressed with how Crosby is playing, and how he is carrying himself?

He's a competitor. He was frustrated, I'd much rather see him do candy-cane s*** like this then almost end career's like Ovechkin.

What do you expect Yzerman to say when asked about Crosby?

Is he going to say, "I think Crosby is a whining douchebag who gets too much exposure"?

Yzerman has never been an outspoken guy who speaks his mind. You need to stop playing this card because it doesn't matter what Yzerman said about him.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#624 soonboomer

soonboomer

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

Then why does Yzerman say he is impressed with how Crosby is playing, and how he is carrying himself?

He's a competitor. He was frustrated, I'd much rather see him do candy-cane s*** like this then almost end careers like Ovechkin.

When were these comments made? Perhaps before or during the Olympics? Sound logical to me.

#625 Russian Houdini

Russian Houdini

Russian Houdini

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

Man.. this had the feeling of a playoff game. The pace was utterly electric in the first period and it continued to show thereafter. I thought Detroit had the better of the play in the first and Pittsburgh in towards the latter part of the second. We recovered, and Zetterberg massively stepped it up to give us a much needed goal. After that we should have scored at least twice. How Williams didn't score on that one v one after that defensive zone giveaway is beyond me. I guess good goalkeeping by Fleury because Williams did try a small fake but wasn't Fleury didn't bite. He also should have buried that 1 v 1 when Franzen gave him that puck right in front of goal. Fleury held his stick strong though. You could see it on the replay. I've stated the most obvious.. but there were a lot of other things...

I will re-watch the game so I can let my emotions go away. Too intense to give analysis the first time I watch it.
Ајмо Црвена Крила!!!!

#626 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:39 PM

Is he going to say, "I think Crosby is a whining douchebag who gets too much exposure"?

Yzerman has never been an outspoken guy who speaks his mind. You need to stop playing this card because it doesn't matter what Yzerman said about him.

Just because you don't like Yzerman and don't respect what he says doesn't mean other people share the same viewpoint on the best captain in the history of the NHL.

#627 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

Agreed. Everybody has to sell the game of hockey with the way its status is in the US. Therefore everyone has to name drop him so that it sticks in people's minds. Not saying I agree, that's just the way it is. Stevie is not immune to that world.

#628 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

I have the game up in the archive thread :)

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#629 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,043 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Just because you don't like Yzerman and don't respect what he says doesn't mean other people share the same viewpoint on the best captain in the history of the NHL.

Carman, I've defended Sid before too, and dont think your an ill-informed poster, but to infer that GMR doesnt like Yzerman because he said he's not outspoken is just stupid.

#NOMOREKINDL

#630 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Keep the points coming please. Great game..

#631 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

:lol:

O.K. that makes a lot of sense.

I guess you just had nothing else to say.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#632 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

He's a competitor. He was frustrated, I'd much rather see him do candy-cane s*** like this then almost end careers like Ovechkin.

ya, well, if you remember, Bertuzzi didnt set out to break moore's neck, it was an unfortunate result of a competive frustrated and upset player. What if the cross check to the back of Zetterberg somehoe inflicted whiplash or somehow, caught Z in the right spot and broke his vertibrae somehow. You have to be resposible, compete, get frustrated, winor lose doesn't mean you can whack someone in the back of the head with your stick. You call it candy-cane, I call it typical cindy when he gets embarassed. Nice that cindy was -2, which means he was on the ice for all 3 Wings goals! Awesome player he is!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#633 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Carman, just give up, you're not gonna change anyone's mind.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#634 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:46 PM

WHAT?! I don't believe such a thing exists as a Red Wings fan who doesn't like or respect Steve Yzerman. He's damn near a demi-god.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#635 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

ya, well, if you remember, Bertuzzi didnt set out to break moore's neck, it was an unfortunate result of a competive frustrated and upset player. What if the cross check to the back of Zetterberg somehoe inflicted whiplash or somehow, caught Z in the right spot and broke his vertibrae somehow. You have to be resposible, compete, get frustrated, winor lose doesn't mean you can whack someone in the back of the head with your stick. You call it candy-cane, I call it typical cindy when he gets embarassed. Nice that cindy was -2, which means he was on the ice for all 3 Wings goals! Awesome player he is!

So you are comparing Bertuzzi's incident to a crosscheck?

And do you use this same "responsible" defense for your boy Ovie?

Come on now. Pittsburgh played like crap and Crosby was stepping up for his team and showing emotion it happens at the end of games believe it or not.

WHAT?! I don't believe such a thing exists as a Red Wings fan who doesn't like or respect Steve Yzerman. He's damn near a demi-god.

Actually he was voted "chump of the week" on 97.1 for hugging Sidney Crosby after the Olympics. Soooo yeah.

Edited by Carman, 22 March 2010 - 09:48 PM.

#636 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

Carman, just give up, you're not gonna change anyone's mind.

He's not trying to change anyone's mind. He's just pushing buttons and getting off on other people's reactions.

#637 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

So you are comparing Bertuzzi's incident to a crosscheck?

And do you use this same "responsible" defense for your boy Ovie?

Come on now. Pittsburgh played like crap and Crosby was stepping up for his team and showing emotion it happens at the end of games believe it or not.

Crosby was taking cheap shots at Z's back. We all know that Z doesn't have the best back in the world and Crosby knows that too. It was completely intentional and was beyond showing emotion. It was intent to injure and being a giant *****.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#638 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

Crosby was taking cheap shots at Z's back. We all know that Z doesn't have the best back in the world and Crosby knows that too. It was completely intentional and was beyond showing emotion. It was intent to injure and being a giant *****.

Oh. My. God. You really think Crosby was trying to severely debilitate Zetterberg? Wow.

Have you people never watched a hockey game before? It's not like scrums at the end of the games only happen when Sidney is on the ice...

Edited by Carman, 22 March 2010 - 09:50 PM.

#639 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

Actually he was voted "chump of the week" on 97.1 for hugging Sidney Crosby after the Olympics. Soooo yeah.

You're right. A radio poll is great evidence of such and an excellent cross section of the majority opinion. Are you kidding me?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#640 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

Oh. My. God. You really think Crosby was trying to severely debilitate Zetterberg? Wow.

Have you people never watched a hockey game before? It's not like scrums at the end of the games only happen when Sidney is on the ice...

Either way he is a cheap shotting baby.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!