• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#641 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

You're right. A radio poll is great evidence of such and an excellent cross section of the majority opinion. Are you kidding me?

Considering it's Detroit's biggest radio station? I'm by no means saying it's a scientific fact, but I was just using it to show that there are some people that hate Crosby so much that they would go against Yzerman...

#642 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

Actually he was voted "chump of the week" on 97.1 for hugging Sidney Crosby after the Olympics. Soooo yeah.

How much of that was "I hate Steve Yzerman" and how much of it was "I hate Sidney Crosby"? What if Steve hadn't done it? He would have been raked over the coals for putting team politics (Red Wings vs. Penguins) over what Team Canada had accomplished. That's not in Steve's nature. So there's no way in hell he would have snubbed him.

Let it go would you? You're embarrassing yourself.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#643 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

We should be celebrating this win, instead because some little ***** boy started to act tough at the end of the game, this thread has deteriorated into a Crysby thread.

Throw in Carman and a few Pens fans and the whole thing has shot to hell.

No one has discussed the actual game in like 15 pages and it was one of the best games we've played all year.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 22 March 2010 - 09:55 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#644 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:55 PM

Oh. My. God. You really think Crosby was trying to severely debilitate Zetterberg? Wow.

Have you people never watched a hockey game before? It's not like scrums at the end of the games only happen when Sidney is on the ice...

Crosby was trying to be friendly and gentle when he was repeatedly cross checking Z in the back. Did I say Crosby was trying to debilitate Z? No. That over blowing what I originally said garbage isn't going to work. I said Crosby was trying to injure Z, which he clearly was. His actions depict that. We all saw it. Your love affair with Crosby is getting in the way of your judgment.

Considering it's Detroit's biggest radio station? I'm by no means saying it's a scientific fact, but I was just using it to show that there are some people that hate Crosby so much that they would go against Yzerman...

This would be true if there were 100 or so Red Wings fans. Not every single Wings fan called into the station to give their opinion. It's a silly radio bit and has zero bearing on anything. Using it as some sort of justification is idiotic.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#645 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,582 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

So you are comparing Bertuzzi's incident to a crosscheck?

And do you use this same "responsible" defense for your boy Ovie?

Come on now. Pittsburgh played like crap and Crosby was stepping up for his team and showing emotion it happens at the end of games believe it or not.

Actually he was voted "chump of the week" on 97.1 for hugging Sidney Crosby after the Olympics. Soooo yeah.

Ovie is not my boy. Never said he was. I never even mentioned him in this thread. I am not saying cindy's cross check was as bad as Bert's attack. But even the attack was not meant to break his neck, it was meant to send a message and get revenge, the result was an unfortunate result. I am just saying crysby's cross check was just that, a message and a revenge move, that could've, if caught in the right way, result in a unfortunate result. What if Zetterberg had turned around at the exact time and crysbys ended up cross checking z's nose or something. BE THE PROFESSIONAL AND FACE OF THE NHL YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. It is nice tho that time and time again Zetterberg proves who is the better player...

BTW if Bertuzzi hadn't fallen on top of Moore, his neck wouldn't have been broken. So that little what if was the difference between getting knocked out and what actually resulted. One day cindy will do something in one of his tantrums and it WILL result in a "INCIDENT" and then what? ANd so will Ovie...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#646 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

It's not fair to dismiss people's bitching about Crosby's dirty plays simply because Ovechkin does it, too.

Why?

Because Ovechkin actually gets punished for his transgressions. The league wouldn't suspend Crosby if he intentionally jammed his skate into a player's throat. They'd just call him "competitive."
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#647 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

This would be true if there were 100 or so Red Wings fans. Not every single Wings fan called into the station to give their opinion. It's a silly radio bit and has zero bearing on anything. Using it as some sort of justification is idiotic.

I just used it because someone said there wasn't one Wing fan that had that opinion. And it seems there are more then one that's all.

It's not fair to dismiss people's bitching about Crosby's dirty plays simply because Ovechkin does it, too.

Why?

Because Ovechkin actually gets punished for his transgressions. The league wouldn't suspend Crosby if he intentionally jammed his skate into a player's throat. They'd just call him "competitive."

Let me know when Crosby ends someone's season. Ok?

Edited by Carman, 22 March 2010 - 09:58 PM.

#648 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

I still don't understand why "Carman" has to praise Crosby in every other post he make.. flame war?

#649 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:00 PM

I still don't understand why "Carman" has to praise Crosby in every other post he make.. flame war?

It increases post counts and gets him attention.

I guess he read and learned from the best like us. :hehe:
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#650 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

QUESTION: How did Pavel's line play?

#651 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

did the wings win?
oh, wait....the GDT has to turn into a pro/con crosby/ovie howie/ozzie or some other my opinion is more truer than yours bitchfest. i get it.

best effort all year. nice win boys.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#652 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

QUESTION: How did Pavel's line play?

They played well. Franzen hit a post and they were very solid defensively. Although they were kept off the score sheet they played well I thought.

#653 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

Maybe Crosby let down Yzerman tonight.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#654 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

Probably because hevthinks that the league's best player, Olympic Champion and Stanly Cup Champion and Captain is worthy of praise.

I disagree with hm, and I wish Zetts would have tooled Ctosby instead of bitchng out and letting his goie save him, but whatya gonna do?
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#655 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

Why can't both Pavel and Z dominate on separate lines? Is that even possible? To have both of those lines have a performance of that magnitude?

#656 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

Sooo i went to the game tonight ...and i must say, it was the funnest regular season game ive been too. just the atmosphere was playoff like, the crowd was load, everyone was singing, and it ended with Crosby being mulled by my boi Jimmy!
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:
To whom much is given, much is expected

#657 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,582 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:08 PM

I do respect Carmen tho in that he not the typical Red Wings slappy that 95% of the users on here are. I have no problem showing my dislike for many former and current Wings and no matter what people tell me, will never change my opinion. I despise crysby, that is the only difference between him and someone like, McCarty or Hudler. I cannot stand either of those guys either, but not to the extent of cindy. And for the record, my vote goes to Fedorov over Yzerman when it comes to who was a better player for the Wings. Not taking anything away from YZerman as a player or a captain, but for my money, Fedorov was better. crysby still sucks compared to Zetterberg tho!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#658 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

In other news we just witnessed a solid game by the Wings, and Jimmy was solid again when needed.
Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#659 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:09 PM

Why can't both Pavel and Z dominate on separate lines? Is that even possible? To have both of those lines have a performance of that magnitude?

Yeah, they haven't clicked on all cylinders yet. Zetterberg has a world class game one night, and Datsyuk the next. Hopefully they are just banking the performances for the important part.:cool:

#660 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:20 PM

Well as much as you people talk about Crosby it seems pretty evident...

Thank you Gordie, maybe people will actually listen to you...

I doubt it though, their jealousy is blinding them.

Carman, I think I'm correct in saying that NOBODY here is jealous of Crosby.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman