• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedStormRising

"One of the sickest moves I've ever seen!"

Rate this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOWZCGcxD3w

Crosby at the 50 second mark (Sorry for the terrible quality, only video I could find).

"You know what, I've been watching hockey for thirty years, playing it, and that is one of the sickest moves I've ever seen!" -Matthew Barnaby on Crosby's SO goal against the Caps

Are you kidding me!? Too me that wasn't THAT impressive. It was nice, but no Datsyuk deke... I've seen many SO and breakaway moves that are better than this one. When I heard him say that I laughed out loud.

Do you guys think it was that great?

I saw it live, and have to admit my first thought was it was one of the best I've seen. It was just so fast and so smooth, looked amazing in real time, not as impressive in seeing it the 2nd time though, but still a sweet move

Edited by T-Ruff

that vid is the first i've seen of it.

looks like his move was really fast, and the goalie bought it. i think that in SO/breakaway type plays, a lot of it has to do with what decision the goalie makes. in that dats v turco clip, turco made a decision, and made it with conviction; only it was the wrong choice. kinda seems like the same thing here. theo might have thought, "well, he could be taking the shot here or waiting for one more move; i'm going to gamble that he's taking the shot," and, by chance, he was just wrong. crosby was quick as hell and made him look foolish. so, props to syd, but i also think a bit of it has to do that the goalie just absolutely gambled and lost, hard.

That looks pretty similar to the move that Wojtek Wolski uses, but Wolski usually finishes on the forehand and Crosby finished on the backhand there. That was a great shootout move, no surprise that a guy with Crosby's skill could pull it off, but all I can say about Barnaby's comment is Holy Hyperbole Batman! That wasn't even the sickest shootout move of the season, let alone all time. Let's face it, even if one was not predisposed to Red Wings players, how can anyone argue that Datsyuk's move against Chicago was not the dirtiest dangle ever, he took his patented jockstrap remover and made it even more embarrassing by adding the lob shot to it.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I was expecting so much more. That was not even close to one of the best moves ever. All he basically did was go from his backhand to forehand and back really fast....not impressive. Caps goalie should have went for the poke check

I saw it live, and have to admit my first thought was it was one of the best I've seen. It was just so fast and so smooth, looked amazing in real time, not as impressive in seeing it the 2nd time though, but still a sweet move

Bulls***. He showed fast hands, but look at his skating speed. Do that at tempo and I'll be impressed.

I was expecting so much more. That was not even close to one of the best moves ever. All he basically did was go from his backhand to forehand and back really fast....not impressive. Caps goalie should have went for the poke check

That's all I can think about. I'm just amazed that the Caps didn't just poke check it away.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I think Theodore should have poke checked this puck...

Still... I hate to say that, but I'd take Crosby over any red wings player when it comes to score a shoutout goal..

No. Pavel Datsyuk > Anybody. Just the psychological effect he has over goaltenders is unbelivable. Imagine being a goalie, you face Datsyuk in a shootout. All you are thinking is that you don't want to be on any highlight reels. The bottom line is that Pavel has moves that even NHL'ers can't dream up. He is unreal.

Guest Shoreline

Easily the best looking goal of the SO, but not the most meaningful. AO's follow-up was damn nice especially with the superstar pressure to score after Crosby. Knuble's was funny though as it looked like he almost lost it, which is probably why Fleury looked so pissed.