• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Playoff Lines?

Rate this topic

I f***in hate williams and cleary, third line is "teh sux" atm :/

Cleary is one of our best playoff performers. Are you forgetting he earned an invite to the Team Canada camp because of his play last playoffs?

Not to mention he is one of our grittier forwards probably 2nd behind Helm and you need guys like that in the playoffs. Seriously I'm completely in favour of sitting Williams For Abs especially in a physical series. Williams is replaceable on the PP. I wouldnt change anything right now though with the streak we're riding.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I don't care what the lines are so long as Abdelkader replaces the useless Jason Williams. Williams has the compete level of a sloth on weed!

My Playoff Line up

Abdelkader-Abdelkader-Abdelkader

Abdelkader-Flip-Abdelkader

Markov-Schneider

Abdelkader-Murphy

Corey Cross- Derek Meech

Abdelkader

And in Net

Patrick Roy's wife.

Now tell me we can't win the Stanley Cup?

Nice! :D

Cleary is one of our best playoff performers. Are you forgetting he earned an invite to the Team Canada camp because of his play last playoffs?

Not to mention he is one of our grittier forwards probably 2nd behind Helm and you need guys like that in the playoffs. Seriously I'm completely in favour of sitting Williams For Abs especially in a physical series. Williams is replaceable on the PP. I wouldnt change anything right now though with the streak we're riding.

That's true about Cleary but should he be on a scoring line? Maybe it's better for him and the Wings if he just remains a fixture as a 3rd line grinder.

That's true about Cleary but should he be on a scoring line? Maybe it's better for him and the Wings if he just remains a fixture as a 3rd line grinder.

It depends. Right now I wouldn't change anything at all but Cleary is the first guy I would bump from the bottom lines to a scoring line if the scoring dried up. He gives those lines a hard forecheck and still has a scoring threat.

I'm assuming everyone remembers what he did to Phaneuf a few years back?

It depends. Right now I wouldn't change anything at all but Cleary is the first guy I would bump from the bottom lines to a scoring line if the scoring dried up. He gives those lines a hard forecheck and still has a scoring threat.

I'm assuming everyone remembers what he did to Phaneuf a few years back?

You see that hit he threw in the last St. Louis game? That was pretty nice. I want to see more of that. I feel like it's easier for him to play that kind of hard forecheck if he's on a checking line as opposed to a scoring line. There's just less for him to worry about.

In regards to being a scoring threat I feel like there is a difference between Cleary and Bertuzzi as far as a net-front presence goes that doesn't have to do with just size. Bertuzzi has more of a reputation or pedigree of being a guy who can finish and score goals. Therefore they really have to pay attention to him and make sure they lock him up as best they can. Cleary on the other hand does not have that kind of reputation and so they think they don't have to defend him as hard. He also probably doesn't have a better finishing touch than Bert. In theory, even though he certainly has his own flaws, Bert does create more space for his linemates to work, which is what the skill guys really need.

If that's the way thing are working then I really like Bert where he is. But if he's being asked to play a Franzen like role where he's the shooter then you'll see his usual inconsistent results.

I hate to say it but injuries always happen. Just thank goodness we are deep on defense and we have other forwards who had plenty of experience with the team this year. I have a feeling they all will be playing at some point.

Abdelkader was sent down to help make cap space for Franzen's return not because he did not play well.

Franzen's return wasn't the only reason. Before they sent him down he registered a minus in like eight straight games or something like that.