• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Report: Hudler released from Moscow Dynamo

Rate this topic

Where did he exactly said anything of wanting to be the "star of the team"? Who wouldn't WANT to play top line minutes. Better yet, if you know that you're an offensive player, don't you think it would help the team if you'd playing in an offensive role? I haven't seen him bitching about anything. Some evidence would be nice.

Nothing, but a distraction? OK. Why?

Put up 50 points? I think 57 points is rather 60 than 50 points. And he did that playing in the 3rd line.

Selfish? Again, is it selfish for getting the money you deserve? He's worth much more than 1.5m. Red Wings would be selfish if they wouldn't offer him more.

He is coming back because his contract ends, because the two teams are merging there. He is coming back because this organisation wants him. And as I said, I bet every team in the KHL would want him.

So you're dissing Fedorov now? Maybe because he isn't North American either? Again, the players do this for living. They deserve to be paid for it. And I think Fedorov has the right to end his career playing in his home country.

Want evidence?Where does Mikael Samuelsson play now?huh?If it wasn't for Hudler taking us to arbitration and waiting out the whole thing,only to go to Russia,we would've re-signed Samuelsson.Samuelsson is worth a hell of a lot more than Hudler.I support Sammy and he isn't even North American.imagine that. :rolleyes: As for Fedorov,he was a good player and all,but the loyalty thing is a factor here.Just another guy that bolts because he's washed up and can't hack it in the NHL.

Want evidence?Where does Mikael Samuelsson play now?huh?If it wasn't for Hudler taking us to arbitration and waiting out the whole thing,only to go to Russia,we would've re-signed Samuelsson.Samuelsson is worth a hell of a lot more than Hudler.I support Sammy and he isn't even North American.imagine that. :rolleyes: As for Fedorov,he was a good player and all,but the loyalty thing is a factor here.Just another guy that bolts because he's washed up and can't hack it in the NHL.

Obviously you don't have anything to prove your other arguments then, as you only commented on that one...

If it wasn't for Red Wings GM wanting to have everything. It's like Sammy said, Red wings made the choice. They didn't offer Hudler what he deserved. Maybe they should've decided that they're gonna take either Hudler or Sammy and offer them the money they deserve rather than trying to get the best deal and end up losing both.

It was clearly a stupid mistake by the Red Wings. But of course the average fan always hates the player for something like that because they want their team to be the best.

edit: And Fedorov would still be a very useful player in many NHL teams. But as I said, doesn't player have the right to play in his home country. Does every player have to somehow respect the Oh So Great North America and NHL more than their home leagues? You obviously see other leagues and other players as some kinda aliens trying to ruin your perfect homeland. xD

Edited by Finnish Wing

Obviously you don't have anything to prove your other arguments then, as you only commented on that one...

If it wasn't for Red Wings GM wanting to have everything. It's like Sammy said, Red wings made the choice. They didn't offer Hudler what he deserved. Maybe they should've decided that they're gonna take either Hudler or Sammy and offer them the money they deserve rather than trying to get the best deal and end up losing both.

It was clearly a stupid mistake by the Red Wings. But of course the average fan always hates the player for something like that because they want their team to be the best.

I think Kenny was doing his job by trying to work out both of their contracts.GMs are sort of supposed to do that.But since Hudler was so SELFISH he bolted.If he really liked playing here,he would've taken a paycut to keep Sammy here.If he really liked playing here,he would've taken a paycut like Lidstrom does basically every year so Kenny can re-sign guys and keep this thing going so we can stay in contention.

I think Kenny was doing his job by trying to work out both of their contracts.GMs are sort of supposed to do that.But since Hudler was so SELFISH he bolted.If he really liked playing here,he would've taken a paycut to keep Sammy here.If he really liked playing here,he would've taken a paycut like Lidstrom does basically every year so Kenny can re-sign guys and keep this thing going so we can stay in contention.

Selfish? He had played on a 3rd line here and he was better than that. Everyone knows it. You don't take paycuts if you haven't even been in the organization that long and you're a semi-young player still getting better. With that logic every player here are selfish because they don't take the league minimum to get other good players here. Obviously Red Wings gambled as they didn't show any concrete signs of really wanting to have Hudler here. I think no player who still have a lot of years left want to be in that kinda unsure situation.

Lidstrom has been here for many years. It's totally different thing for veterans like Selanne too.

Again your argument is completely stupid and you're just trying to make things up to make Hudler look bad. Blaming a young player for not taking a paycut... What a load of crap.

edit: The only SELFISH guy here was the Red Wings who wanted it all but eventually got nothing.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Selfish? He had played on a 3rd line here and he was better than that. Everyone knows it. You don't take paycuts if you haven't even been in the organization that long and you're a semi-young player still getting better. With that logic every player here are selfish because they don't take the league minimum to get other good players here. Obviously Red Wings gambled as they didn't show any concrete signs of really wanting to have Hudler here. I think no player who still have a lot of years left want to be in that kinda unsure situation.

Lidstrom has been here for many years. It's totally different thing for veterans like Selanne too.

Again your argument is completely stupid and you're just trying to make things up to make Hudler look bad. Blaming a young player for not taking a paycut... What a load of crap.

edit: The only SELFISH guy here was the Red Wings who wanted it all but eventually got nothing.

You do if you truly want the team to win.I'm not saying everyone should take league minimum,now am i?How am i making up things?Hudler bolted for Russia because he was offered more money.did he not?

You do if you truly want the team to win.I'm not saying everyone should take league minimum,now am i?How am i making up things?Hudler bolted for Russia because he was offered more money.did he not?

Truly want the team to win? Why would you choose a team that hasn't even shown any real interest and risk your own career (=your job, your future in life) while you're still a young player. Red Wings didn't offer Hudler the money that he deserves, don't you get it? If you don't even know if that team wants you, how stupid you are if you take a paycut? With that logic every player here is selfish.

Kinda easier for Lidstrom or Selanne to take paycuts because they've already got enough money to never do any work ever again and still live luxuriously.

He went to Russia because Red Wings didn't show that they really wanted him because they were not willing to offer the money to show it (=because they wanted it all for less money). He actually honored Red Wings by not going to any other NHL team.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Truly want the team to win? Why would you choose a team that hasn't even shown any real interest and risk your own career (=your job, your future in life) while you're still a young player. Red Wings didn't offer Hudler the money that he deserves, don't you get it? If you don't even know if that team wants you, how stupid you are if you take a paycut? With that logic every player here is selfish.

Kinda easier for Lidstrom or Selanne to take paycuts because they've already got enough money to never do any work ever again and still live luxuriously.

He went to Russia because Red Wings didn't show that they really wanted him because they were not willing to offer the money to show it (=because they wanted it all for less money). He actually honored Red Wings by not going to any other NHL team.

He didn't honor the Red Wings by not going to another NHL team.He was offered the most by Moscow and bolted.His decision to leave Detroit was purely about money.

He didn't honor the Red Wings by not going to another NHL team.He was offered the most by Moscow and bolted.His decision to leave Detroit was purely about money.

And you make it out like it is an absolutely terrible thing, which it is not always the case, and it isn't in this one. He wanted to try to get more playing time elsewhere and improve his career. And got offered more money to do so. Loyalty is a great and honorable trait, but in any career or profession, sports or otherwise, would you not strongly consider doing the same? Everybody is a selfish person by default to some degree. More power to Hudler for taking a chance. It didn't quite work out for him. Sometimes those are the breaks. If you don't want him on the team solely because you don't think he helps them on the ice, that's one thing. Implying that he is a greedy punk or an a'hole for bolting or whatever is another story all together and pretty ridiculous.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

It was about this team not wanting him enough, don't you get it? If a team doesn't want me and rather gambles trying to see if they get some other player cheaper I'm not sure if I wanna play there, not to mention taking a paycut to play there which would be totally ridiculous. He could've gone to many NHL teams. If you think 2,7m for 57 points is too much then I don't know what to say. And I don't know what the heck Red Wings were thinking. Edited by Finnish Wing

Guest micah

About prostitutes. I believe the girls agree to do it themselves and get paid for it. I don't have a problem with that. Nice to see how you get all so sensitive considering you're the one who thinks players should be punished by punching them to face instead of suspensions.

You're lying. Please stop lying. I never stated that I think players should be punched in the face instead of facing suspensions. Ever. In fact, when the NHL gets their s*** together and applies punishments in a way that is fair and prevents cheap shots, fighting can go the way of the dinosaur. My position is that until that day, players will sometimes have to fight.

I do think it's okay to punch a man who just threw a blind elbow at your friend's head. I don't think it's okay to pay a woman who is likely mentally ill, a victom of physical or sexual abuse, or addicted to drugs (or some combination of the three) to have sex with you. I don't see how the two relate to eachother. In one, a person is being directly punished for an action which was reckless, in the other, a person is selfishly using another person for their own gratification.

Edited by micah

Guest micah

It was about this team not wanting him enough, don't you get it? If a team doesn't want me and rather gambles trying to see if they get some other player cheaper I'm not sure if I wanna play there.....

So if you're Jiri the great, you probably don't want to come back to Wings next year? He'll make the same money that wasn't good enough for him this year, won't he? Maybe some other KHL team will offer him what he's *really* worth, then we can all be happy! Jiri is somewhere else, not getting the short end of the stick from that greedy Wings management.

So if you're Jiri the great, you probably don't want to come back to Wings next year? He'll make the same money that wasn't good enough for him this year, won't he? Maybe some other KHL team will offer him what he's *really* worth, then we can all be happy! Jiri is somewhere else, not getting the short end of the stick from that greedy Wings management.

Ehh... no? Red Wings never offered him 2,7m last year.

I'm glad they finally understand that he's worth it, although they missed a year when they tried to be too greedy.

And prostitution is legal in some countries, in fact I think it's even legal in some parts of our beloved United States.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Guest micah

Ehh... no? Red Wings never offered him 2,7m last year.

I'm glad they finally understand that he's worth it, although they missed a year when they tried to be too greedy.

What would he have made this year? I don't recall the specifics - did Huds agree to a back loaded contract and then opt to play elsewhere for the lower paying year?

And prostitution is legal in some countries, in fact I think it's even legal in some parts of our beloved United States.

? So is drinking bleach. I think that's a bad idea too. Were you under the impression that I think that the Unites States is without blemish?

What would he have made this year? I don't recall the specifics - did Huds agree to a back loaded contract and then opt to play elsewhere for the lower paying year?

? So is drinking bleach. I think that's a bad idea too. Were you under the impression that I think that the Unites States is without blemish?

I don't know anything else expect Red Wings obviously weren't ready to offer him 2,7m which was kinda weird.

I'm just saying that different cultures have different values. I don't judge Hudler based on his off-ice acts if it's nothing illegal like killing someone or dealing drugs. Even if it was something illegal, I still think those 57 points for 2,7m is something this team needs.

I don't think it's okay to pay a woman who is likely mentally ill, a victom of physical or sexual abuse, or addicted to drugs (or some combination of the three) to have sex with you. I don't see how the two relate to eachother. In one, a person is being directly punished for an action which was reckless, in the other, a person is selfishly using another person for their own gratification.

In all honesty where did prostitution come into the mix anyway?

Do you enjoy making s*** up simply because you have dug yourself into a hole?

Hudler wasn't going to make a rash decision simply because the team has cap problems. That's on the GM to figure out and those are the risks KENNY takes. KENNY needs to be aware of who will become a free agent at what time and be able to have a game plan set up. He did everything he could and unfortunately Sammy was a victim of the cap.

These are human beings. Human beings who play a sport in which they don't know when they will stop making money (hint: most people don't end their careers in their late 30s). Also consider the possibility of injuries ending their career or preventing them from making as much money as they planned.

Hudler was focusing on his future and his finances. He should never have to disregard his own needs simply because the team he plays for is in a bit of a vice. And considering the circumstances (not going to another NHL team and allowing the Wings to keep his rights) I would say he made a decision to help both parties.

Guest micah

In all honesty where did prostitution come into the mix anyway?

Where, like, what country? I don't recall where it was that Huds was found hanging out with hookers. Or do you mean in this thread? I dunno, go back and re-read it.

You probably know, Doc - what was Huds supposed to make for the Wings this year?

Guest Crymson

It was about this team not wanting him enough, don't you get it? If a team doesn't want me and rather gambles trying to see if they get some other player cheaper I'm not sure if I wanna play there, not to mention taking a paycut to play there which would be totally ridiculous. He could've gone to many NHL teams. If you think 2,7m for 57 points is too much then I don't know what to say. And I don't know what the heck Red Wings were thinking.

$2.75m for an utterly one-dimensional player is more than reasonable. Hudler can score if given the opportunity, yes. But he cannot hit; he cannot skate; he is not of sufficient size to create his own space in the offensive zone; and he absolutely cannot play defense.

Were I Holland, I'd certainly have offered him well below $2.75m to start.

Put up 50 points? I think 57 points is rather 60 than 50 points. And he did that playing in the 3rd line.

Playing on a 3rd line with Samuelsson and Filppula does not really equate to playing on the 3rd line with pretty much any other lineup in the league.

Rofl. You really don't get the point, do you? Hudler allowed the matter to go to arbitration, which ate up weeks. By the time that was up and a satisfactory deal was reached, most of the good free agents---Samuelsson included---had been signed. Then Hudler bolted. If Hudler was going to occupy all of that cap space, he damned well should have stayed.

Oh, and what does Hudler deserve? As I noted, he's one of the most one-dimensional players there is.

Again, I think you're really missing the argument here.

Umm... riight...... err....

Edited by Crymson

Where, like, what country? I don't recall where it was that Huds was found hanging out with hookers. Or do you mean in this thread? I dunno, go back and re-read it.

I believe it was Crymson who brought it up, which I find completely retarded considering some of Detroit's favorite players (McCarty/Probert) were found to be doing not so legal things. I find it irrelevant because though I find the off-ice antics deplorable in these cases, I really don't care as long as it doesn't affect their performance on the ice.

You probably know, Doc - what was Huds supposed to make for the Wings this year?

What was he supposed to make? No idea. Not 5 million tax free that's for sure.

Crymson: would you honestly deny a year of double your original pay (TAX FREE) with the ability to come back to company that hired you and not work for a competing company simply because "2.75 is more than reasonable"? Give me a break.

Also your "how dare he spend Holland's precious time to figure out what he wants to do" argument is ridiculous. He shouldn't be forced to make a rash decision.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I don't care how dimensional he is as long as he puts 57 points playing with Filppula (who wasn't as nearly as good last year than this year) and Samuelsson (who wasn't as nearly as good last year than this year). Easily +70 point potential in the future. Prolly puts up +60 next season.

$2.75m for an utterly one-dimensional player is more than reasonable. Hudler can score if given the opportunity, yes. But he cannot hit; he cannot skate; he is not of sufficient size to create his own space in the offensive zone; and he absolutely cannot play defense.

Were I Holland, I'd certainly have offered him well below $2.75m to start.

Playing on a 3rd line with Samuelsson and Filppula does not really equate to playing on the 3rd line with pretty much any other lineup in the league.

Rofl. You really don't get the point, do you? Hudler allowed the matter to go to arbitration, which ate up weeks. By the time that was up and a satisfactory deal was reached, most of the good free agents---Samuelsson included---had been signed. Then Hudler bolted. If Hudler was going to occupy all of that cap space, he damned well should have stayed.

Oh, and what does Hudler deserve? As I noted, he's one of the most one-dimensional players there is.

Again, I think you're really missing the argument here.

Umm... riight...... err....

:clap:

am i the only one who remembers that samuelssen had his house in novi up for sale like 2 days after game 7 of the SCF? his decision was made before any of the hudler arbitration debacle was in play...

furthermore, am i the only one who recalls that it was the leauge's interference with hudler's "defection" which caused things to slow down dramatically, thus tying kenny's hands during free agency? sure seems like it...

lastly...he's coming back, people. accept it, and root for him to do the best job possible for the team you all claim to love so much. cause everything else...hookers/size/etc...is just distraction.

"when you scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle!" -mrs. mia wallace

Guest micah
lastly...he's coming back, people. accept it, and root for him to do the best job possible for the team you all claim to love so much. cause everything else...hookers/size/etc...is just distraction.

I already said I hope that he puts on some pounds, learns to play a complete game, and puts up more points than ever before next season. We need that, that would be awesome. I'm totally pulling for him.

Do you enjoy making s*** up simply because you have dug yourself into a hole?

Hudler wasn't going to make a rash decision simply because the team has cap problems. That's on the GM to figure out and those are the risks KENNY takes. KENNY needs to be aware of who will become a free agent at what time and be able to have a game plan set up. He did everything he could and unfortunately Sammy was a victim of the cap.

These are human beings. Human beings who play a sport in which they don't know when they will stop making money (hint: most people don't end their careers in their late 30s). Also consider the possibility of injuries ending their career or preventing them from making as much money as they planned.

Hudler was focusing on his future and his finances. He should never have to disregard his own needs simply because the team he plays for is in a bit of a vice. And considering the circumstances (not going to another NHL team and allowing the Wings to keep his rights) I would say he made a decision to help both parties.

How am i making s*** up?He took us to arbitration and bolted.He all of a sudden wants back because Moscow didnt work out for him.Detroit,to him,is nothing but a "plan B" and everyone knows it or should know it.

How am i making s*** up?He took us to arbitration and bolted.He all of a sudden wants back because Moscow didnt work out for him.Detroit,to him,is nothing but a "plan B" and everyone knows it or should know it.

I'm glad you gave a sound rebuttal to all of my points in the post you quoted.

Would you prefer it if he bolted to a competing club in the NHL?

Would you prefer that Wings never get his rights so if they wish to move him they can actually get something in return?

Would you prefer the Wings overpay a free agent in the offseason to get the same offense Hudler brings?

He doesn't all of a sudden want back. He signed that contract so he could go right back to the Wings either when his contract expired or before then.

It is a sound business decision. I would love to see your reaction if you were offered double your money to work your job closer to home.

Either way, Hudler is Wings property and he is going to play for them next season. Man, what a ******* tragedy.

Edited by Doc Holliday