• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Report: Hudler released from Moscow Dynamo

Rate this topic

292 posts in this topic

It was about this team not wanting him enough, don't you get it? If a team doesn't want me and rather gambles trying to see if they get some other player cheaper I'm not sure if I wanna play there, not to mention taking a paycut to play there which would be totally ridiculous. He could've gone to many NHL teams. If you think 2,7m for 57 points is too much then I don't know what to say. And I don't know what the heck Red Wings were thinking.

$2.75m for an utterly one-dimensional player is more than reasonable. Hudler can score if given the opportunity, yes. But he cannot hit; he cannot skate; he is not of sufficient size to create his own space in the offensive zone; and he absolutely cannot play defense.

Were I Holland, I'd certainly have offered him well below $2.75m to start.

Put up 50 points? I think 57 points is rather 60 than 50 points. And he did that playing in the 3rd line.

Playing on a 3rd line with Samuelsson and Filppula does not really equate to playing on the 3rd line with pretty much any other lineup in the league.

If it wasn't for Red Wings GM wanting to have everything. It's like Sammy said, Red wings made the choice. They didn't offer Hudler what he deserved. Maybe they should've decided that they're gonna take either Hudler or Sammy and offer them the money they deserve rather than trying to get the best deal and end up losing both.

Rofl. You really don't get the point, do you? Hudler allowed the matter to go to arbitration, which ate up weeks. By the time that was up and a satisfactory deal was reached, most of the good free agents---Samuelsson included---had been signed. Then Hudler bolted. If Hudler was going to occupy all of that cap space, he damned well should have stayed.

Oh, and what does Hudler deserve? As I noted, he's one of the most one-dimensional players there is.

Again your argument is completely stupid and you're just trying to make things up to make Hudler look bad. Blaming a young player for not taking a paycut... What a load of crap.

Again, I think you're really missing the argument here.

edit: The only SELFISH guy here was the Red Wings who wanted it all but eventually got nothing.

Umm... riight...... err....

Edited by Crymson
F.Michael and ManLuv4Clears like this

Where, like, what country? I don't recall where it was that Huds was found hanging out with hookers. Or do you mean in this thread? I dunno, go back and re-read it.

I believe it was Crymson who brought it up, which I find completely retarded considering some of Detroit's favorite players (McCarty/Probert) were found to be doing not so legal things. I find it irrelevant because though I find the off-ice antics deplorable in these cases, I really don't care as long as it doesn't affect their performance on the ice.

You probably know, Doc - what was Huds supposed to make for the Wings this year?

What was he supposed to make? No idea. Not 5 million tax free that's for sure.

Crymson: would you honestly deny a year of double your original pay (TAX FREE) with the ability to come back to company that hired you and not work for a competing company simply because "2.75 is more than reasonable"? Give me a break.

Also your "how dare he spend Holland's precious time to figure out what he wants to do" argument is ridiculous. He shouldn't be forced to make a rash decision.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I don't care how dimensional he is as long as he puts 57 points playing with Filppula (who wasn't as nearly as good last year than this year) and Samuelsson (who wasn't as nearly as good last year than this year). Easily +70 point potential in the future. Prolly puts up +60 next season.

$2.75m for an utterly one-dimensional player is more than reasonable. Hudler can score if given the opportunity, yes. But he cannot hit; he cannot skate; he is not of sufficient size to create his own space in the offensive zone; and he absolutely cannot play defense.

Playing on a 3rd line with Samuelsson and Filppula does not really equate to playing on the 3rd line with pretty much any other lineup in the league.

Rofl. You really don't get the point, do you? Hudler allowed the matter to go to arbitration, which ate up weeks. By the time that was up and a satisfactory deal was reached, most of the good free agents---Samuelsson included---had been signed. Then Hudler bolted. If Hudler was going to occupy all of that cap space, he damned well should have stayed.

Oh, and what does Hudler deserve? As I noted, he's one of the most one-dimensional players there is.

Again, I think you're really missing the argument here.

Umm... riight...... err....

:clap:

am i the only one who remembers that samuelssen had his house in novi up for sale like 2 days after game 7 of the SCF? his decision was made before any of the hudler arbitration debacle was in play...

furthermore, am i the only one who recalls that it was the leauge's interference with hudler's "defection" which caused things to slow down dramatically, thus tying kenny's hands during free agency? sure seems like it...

lastly...he's coming back, people. accept it, and root for him to do the best job possible for the team you all claim to love so much. cause everything else...hookers/size/etc...is just distraction.

"when you scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle!" -mrs. mia wallace

2guns likes this

Hey wait one minute!!!

Where the hell were you last summer when input was needed for not wanting Hudler on the Red Wings?

Next time when some of us are foaming at the mouth on a rightful cause - please join in on the hysteria :lol:

lastly...he's coming back, people. accept it, and root for him to do the best job possible for the team you all claim to love so much. cause everything else...hookers/size/etc...is just distraction.

I already said I hope that he puts on some pounds, learns to play a complete game, and puts up more points than ever before next season. We need that, that would be awesome. I'm totally pulling for him.

Do you enjoy making s*** up simply because you have dug yourself into a hole?

Hudler wasn't going to make a rash decision simply because the team has cap problems. That's on the GM to figure out and those are the risks KENNY takes. KENNY needs to be aware of who will become a free agent at what time and be able to have a game plan set up. He did everything he could and unfortunately Sammy was a victim of the cap.

These are human beings. Human beings who play a sport in which they don't know when they will stop making money (hint: most people don't end their careers in their late 30s). Also consider the possibility of injuries ending their career or preventing them from making as much money as they planned.

Hudler was focusing on his future and his finances. He should never have to disregard his own needs simply because the team he plays for is in a bit of a vice. And considering the circumstances (not going to another NHL team and allowing the Wings to keep his rights) I would say he made a decision to help both parties.

How am i making s*** up?He took us to arbitration and bolted.He all of a sudden wants back because Moscow didnt work out for him.Detroit,to him,is nothing but a "plan B" and everyone knows it or should know it.

How am i making s*** up?He took us to arbitration and bolted.He all of a sudden wants back because Moscow didnt work out for him.Detroit,to him,is nothing but a "plan B" and everyone knows it or should know it.

I'm glad you gave a sound rebuttal to all of my points in the post you quoted.

Would you prefer it if he bolted to a competing club in the NHL?

Would you prefer that Wings never get his rights so if they wish to move him they can actually get something in return?

Would you prefer the Wings overpay a free agent in the offseason to get the same offense Hudler brings?

He doesn't all of a sudden want back. He signed that contract so he could go right back to the Wings either when his contract expired or before then.

It is a sound business decision. I would love to see your reaction if you were offered double your money to work your job closer to home.

Either way, Hudler is Wings property and he is going to play for them next season. Man, what a ******* tragedy.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Either way, Hudler is Wings property and he is going to play for them next season.

Unless someone else comes along and flashes a bit of money in his face. He seems to have learned a thing or two from the girls he hangs out with:)

Unless someone else comes along and flashes a bit of money in his face. He seems to have learned a thing or two from the girls he hangs out with:)

Like who?

Edited by Doc Holliday

Some of you sound like ex-girlfriends. Hudler's obviously hurt your fragile emotions because you've got an irrational hatred of him.

Facts:

--> Hudler's arbitration process ate up time and space for Holland and put him in a tough spot (note that Filppula almost went to arbitration the year before but signed the day before).

--> Hudler was offered a $5,000,000 a year contract in Russia that was tax-free (which means it was roughly the equivalent of being offered a $10,000,000 pre-tax contract in the US).

--> This KHL offer came right after the Wings declared that they intended to go to arbitration with Hudler.

--> Holland told Hudler he couldn't possibly match that and said he understood that Hudler couldn't turn that kind of money down (indeed-- the entire team has been supportive of Hudler this year and has stayed in contact with him, read the news clippings if you don't believe me).

--> The NHL stated that they would fight Hudler's defection because he got the KHL contract after having agreed to arbitration (which is a legally binding contract between him and the Wings).

--> Holland told reporters that the NHL's decision to fight Hudler's defection tied his hands because it suddenly made it possible that Hudler could be forced to play for the Wings. Holland stated that he couldn't sign players using the Hudler money until the NHL's fight over his status was over.

That last point is why we lost out on all the good free agents. Holland would've spend the Hudler money on July 9th if the NHL didn't state that they'd fight his defection with every legal means they had. Holland and Hudler agreed that he'd take the contract in the KHL and go to arbitration simply to make sure the Wings kept his rights.

Holland knew Hudler would take the KHL contract-- Jiri told him so. It's retarded to say otherwise.

July 1st, 2009: Start of free agency period

July 5th, 2009: Hudler files for arbitration

July 5th, 2009: Sammy signs with the Canucks-- Holland chooses to spend his money on the better player (Hudler-- disagree if you want but Sammy had a career year in Vancouver this year-- getting 53pts yet Hudler got 57pts last season and was clearly trending upwards in his development).

July 8th or 9th, 2009: Hudler signs a deal with the KHL

(Hudler and Holland already knew he'd be playing in Russia before this point)

At this point Holland could've signed someone with Hudler's money.

July 10th, 2009: The NHL files a formal complaint to the IIHF and makes it clear to Holland that they will fight this as long as they possibly can. Now Holland's hands are tied because he doesn't know for sure that Hudler will be allowed to go to the KHL. Thus Holland can't spend money until the NHL's legal fight is over unless he wants to risk being significantly over the cap in October.

The NHL's legal fight about Hudler isn't settled until August 3rd. At that point Holland is free to spend the Hudler money.

The legal fight over Hudler's rights is what tied Holland's hands. Holland and Hudler's side had an agreement done long before then but Holland couldn't spend the money until he knew the NHL wouldn't win their battle over Hudler's rights.

Sources:

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2009/8/3/974060/hudler-awarded-5-75-million-in

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2009/08/arbiter_awards_jiri_hudler_two.html

http://puckagency.blogspot.com/2009/07/puckagency-client-mikael-samuelsson.html

We lost out on Sammy because of Hudler-- yes. But at the time Holland was 100% correct to choose Hudler over Sammy. Hudler was 25 years old and had just put 57pts up. He had increased his NHL point totals every year since his rookie year and was on the up-swing. Sammy was 32 and wanted the same money as Hudler but had significantly less upside. Even with his brilliant year this year (53pts) he failed to match Hudler's 08-09 point total (57pts). People here will call Hudler painfully one dimensional etc but Sammy was only rarely used on the PK here and filled virtually the exact same spot in Detroit as Hudler.

Everything else is just people playing Monday-morning quarterback.

I'm happy for the offense that Hudler will be back. I just hope it doesn't that Filppula won't get anymore power play time. Consistent power play time.

Exactly.people don't seem to get that in here...

As if you wouldn't do the same thing in his situation... get off your ******* High Horse

Drake_Marcus and 2guns like this

Like who?

If he puts on just a few more inches in height and works on playing a more physical game, I could see the WNBA being interested.

ManLuv4Clears likes this

Say all you want about him not being the reason we were handcuffed etc.

The guy is still the most one dimensional player I think I've ever seen. 57 points doesn't mean that much when you can't play on a 2nd line because youre not responsible enough defensively

ManLuv4Clears likes this

Say all you want about him not being the reason we were handcuffed etc.

The guy is still the most one dimensional player I think I've ever seen. 57 points doesn't mean that much when you can't play on a 2nd line because youre not responsible enough defensively

THATS WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING :ranting: nobody in here ******* gets it.he's not that great of a player.

ManLuv4Clears likes this