• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

It's Official: Happy Hudler is Back

Rate this topic

Any chance he got a half step or full faster while in the KHL?

I think it would be safer to think of the KHL stint as a year long practice. I doubt he gained any more than he would have gained with the Wings except maybe a little confidence.

xm today was all over Huds with their 'Around the Rinks in 90 seconds'. Basically an ever so often update on the station/channel. They said it's pretty much a done deal, and should be a Red Wing for sure next season. They said there has been constant contact between Hudler and Ken Holland for more than six weeks now. Look at Kenny, gettin' it done!

Kenny's(and Hudler's) plan worked to perfection. Sent him to KHL for a year cuz we don't have the cap space then next year when we do, you remain a Red Wing!

The wings had cap space for Hudler. Hudler's defecting was no plan.

Any chance he got a half step or full faster while in the KHL?

Probably the opposite.

If I remember right, Holland spoke publicly about, if he had known Hudler was defecting and his salary would be off the books, he would have then made Samuelsson a much better offer that would have possibly retained him in Detroit. Samuelsson in my opinion got away. This forum talked a ton of s*** about him, but he was clutch. Let me re-phrase, he is clutch. Just with Vancouver.

Datsyuk-Bertuzzi-Franzen

Zetterberg-Cleary-Filppula

Hudler-Holmstrom-Abdelkader

Miller-Eaves-Helm

I like. :D

somebody on the D has to go because Kindl, and isn't Ritola out of options also?

Edited by ben_usmc

Realistically he'll probably be a little worse when he gets back but as the season progresses he'll get back into his 0809 form. I honestly think his numbers will be lower next year than his 0809 numbers.

Realistically, he will probably score about 30 goals and 70 points if he is played on the top two lines like he should be. Possibly even more.

somebody on the D has to go because Kindl, and isn't Ritola out of options also?

Lebda's as good as gone, possibly Meech as well.

Lids-Rafi

Stuart-Kronwall

E-Lilja

Kindl.

I don't think Ritola's out of options quite yet.

Realistically, he will probably score about 30 goals and 70 points if he is played on the top two lines like he should be. Possibly even more.

You have nothing that actually backs that prediction up.

At least mine is based on reality. The KHL is a worse, slower league than the NHL. Thinking he actually got BETTER is thinking that living on the moon for a year will make you stronger when in reality it makes you weaker because of the lesser gravity.

At least mine is based on reality. The KHL is a worse, slower league than the NHL. Thinking he actually got BETTER is thinking that living on the moon for a year will make you stronger when in reality it makes you weaker because of the lesser gravity.

Hudler is likely to end up as a top-six forward at even strength next year. That's in addition to his ice time on the PP.

In Hudler's last season with the Wings, the top six forwards in ES ice time averaged 13:56 at ES. That's 3:19 more than Hudler was getting, a 31.2% increase in ice time. If Hudler gets "average" top-six ice time, the same kind of PP minutes and PK minutes, and produces the same per-minute numbers he produced in 2008-09, he would finish with 28 goals and 38 assists for 66 points.

Tell me again how I have nothing that backs that prediction up? Hudler may not have been playing in the NHL, but even if he is the same player he was the day the season ended in 2009 and has not improved overall since then, he'll probably post better numbers than he did over the course of that year.

Playing in a worse league but with a bigger role can many times improve your game. Look what happened to Rafalski or Brian Campbell for example. Those guys were barely NHL-level players, but that bigger role helped them to develop.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Hud's time here and is glad he is coming back (provided he signs a contract).

But, what is the difference between him leaving and Fedorov leaving? They both left for greener pastures and Huds is welcomed back and Feds is villified.

Hope he comes back to the form he had last season!!

Don't get me wrong, I liked Hud's time here and is glad he is coming back (provided he signs a contract).

But, what is the difference between him leaving and Fedorov leaving? They both left for greener pastures and Huds is welcomed back and Feds is villified.

I think there was a lot more drama involved with Fedorov leaving. Whether you think he was right/wrong in the whole hoopla, it didn't seem like he and the Wings parted on good terms. Sure I wish the Wings could've kept Samulesson when Hudler left, but him and the organization didn't seem to really leave on bad terms, so...

Feds had a more complicated history. The contract holdout that led to the offer sheet with Carolina. A reputation for moodiness.

Don't get me wrong, I think Fedorov gets far too much grief for leaving. And honestly, I do hold it against Hudler a little bit for leaving. Yes it's a business, but it also reveals how badly you want to play in the NHL or not. And the Wings could've used him this season. I wonder what their playoff position would've been if Hudler had been there to chip in some much needing scoring? Or what it would mean for their playoffs?

I don't think he should be booed or anything, but it's got to be a little weird in the locker room when he's first there, after all the Wings went through this year without him.

You don't even want him to succeed, just because you don't like him.

Perhaps, but where could you see it on that post?

I think there are a fair percentage of posts that overhype him just as much as the posts/posters that underhype him or think he's the devil. Both are equally irritating.

You don't even want him to succeed, just because you don't like him.

Or maybe it's just his prediction.

Pavel Datsyuk scored 27 points less than last year. Zetterberg was about the same with 70, but it was a down year offensively for almost everybody. The Wings don't have as much offensive talent as they did when Hudler was here.

He scored 23 goals and 34 assists. Only 6 of his goals were on the PP, which in a way is great. Let's hope his ES scoring keeps up. But 22 of his 34 assists were on the PP, which was stacked last season.

It'd be great if Hudler scored 70 points next year. But my point is, in spite of Eva's math, there's more variables at play here. Giving Hudler more ice time does not automatically equal more points. Even if he's the same player he was, the team is different.