• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 3 GDT: Sharks 4 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Guest Four

f***. My. Life.

Ericsson got caught down low and it just had to be Marleau and Thornton back at the time.

Christ.

This series exposed what we already knew-- Howard just isn't ready to be a Cup winner yet. Maybe he's just worn out after the stretch of 25 consecutive games at the end of the year. Maybe he just isn't mentally confident (that's what tonight looked like).

In the end Howie lost this game for the Wings.

Anyone else find it hilarious that all of the sudden the Wings are getting penalized left and right? How do you go from being the second least penalized team in the league to racking up penalties like the ******* Ducks?

A pathetic third period by a team that had to win.

Pathetic.

As much as it's easy to blame Howard for that s***ty third goal.. Where was the urgency and pressure by the Red Wings? We let them walk all over us, and it was the whole team's fault (minus Hank)

That was Rafalski--not Williams on D

It was still WIlliams lame shot form the outside that set up the 2 on 1 rush. God I hope Eaves is OK for game 4, I never want to see WIlliams in a Wings jersey again. Maybe he and Ericsson can get a room in Edmonton or somewhere equally forlorn.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

6 penalties against the Wings, 1 against the Sharks with tons of non-calls against the sharks. Officiating once again decides this game.

A lazy 3rd period from the Wings that featured 2 SJ goals is what decided this game.

Does anybody on this goddamn team have the balls to get to the front of the net with the puck?

Seriously.

Either they are ball-less wonders or they are so gassed it's a miracle they have been in any of these games.

You don't win along the boards. You gotta be in the middle of the ice. They did it exactly ONE TIME after the first and they happened to score on that ONE TIME.

This team needs an overhaul. They need a 3rd line that can hit some people, score some goals and generally not s*** down its leg. They need to get Datsyuk some wingers who can put the puck in the back of the net. Someone needs to find Franzen's mojo and give it back to him.

And honestly, someone needs to start sacrificing virgins to the hockey Gods to get LIdstrom to come back and not retire.

That was Rafalski--not Williams on D

Williams was the guy who should've backup the rush of Ericsson and he did until he shot that puck wide. As I said, I dunno what the hell he did after that, because it would've been 2on2 if Williams wasn't out of position.

A better team would have locked it down in the 3rd. They sat back and let the Sharks take the game to them and Howard didn't do us any favors. Too many rebounds and soft goals during this whole series. Why didn't Rafalski try to take away the pass on the 2 on 1????

I'm not trying to pin the series on any individual player but not happy right now with those 2. I would love to try and be optimistic about the Wings chances at turning this series around but I can't.

We may actually win game 4, since I expect San Jose to take the game off. But after that, we're screwed.

Then again, San Jose took this game off until Setoguchi's goal.

Babcock made a mistake having Hank take the penalty shot. Who was on the ice for us during that penalty?

I didn't expect them to win this series, but I didn't expect them to s*** the bed, either.

What's funny is Detroit could be up 3-0 if it were for a couple mistakes in each game, so it's not for a lack of talent that they're down.

Oh, and you can't get to the conference finals with rookie goaltending, not that Nabokov has looked great, either. All three regulation Shark goals were bad goals, IMO.

howie had no chance on the thorton goal. deflected off dats stick.

team blew it in the 3rd. played a great 40 mins then fell back when it counts

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Anyone who thinks that Howard didn't lose this game for Detroit obviously never played hockey before in their lives. It happens. I guess you have to be a loser before you can be a winner. Long term, an early exit will be good for this team. Re-commited, Re-energized, Re-loaded. 2010-2011 Detroit Red Wings = Stanley Cup Champions.

No cry babies. This has been arguably one of the best sports franchises over the last two decades, definitely the best in Hockey. They will be back if not next game then next year. We are spoiled with an awesome franchise :)

Either way good job boys this year espeically with the injuries and goalie changes.

Jimmy, Jimmy, I've grown to love you this season, but you can't let in two "fluffers" like the first and third goals tonight in play-off hockey..,

Well you can, but you won't win a thing!!

Looks like riding a rookie goalie has proven to be the downfall this year (barring some miracle). Still have hope for J-ho in the future - hope he has learnt a lot for many seasons to come.

Can't just blame him though, a bunch of players haven't produced so far this series. Give Franzen a coat of stain and he'll be an awesome replica of a piece of wood!

Edited by BigWinston

Williams was the guy who should've backup the rush of Ericsson and he did until he shot that puck wide. As I said, I dunno what the hell he did after that, because it would've been 2on2 if Williams wasn't out of position.

Are you insane?

Williams has to back up Ericsson's poor positioning while Williams has the puck? And he has to go all the way back and defend a rush the other way because Ericsson didn't remember what position he was playing?

What are you smoking, man?

can anyone tell me the overall power play time for both teams?

I'd check but i'm very disheartened right now.

10:06 minutes to 2:06 minutes in this game...I dont think I have to tell you which team got the 2 minutes and change.

Just to be clear though, I dont blame the refs for this one tonight... just major bed s***ting going on all over the ice on the wings side to have won this game.

6 penalties against the Wings, 1 against the Sharks with tons of non-calls against the sharks. Officiating once again decides this game.

Correct me if im wrong but I think we had a whopping 2Powerplays this game <_<

While I still feel the sharks got away with a lot of stuff that the wings didnt. I cant say thats what lost us the game. We blew a two goal lead in the final period. Let in a soft goal, played a soft 3rd period and Ericsson sucks.

Thats why we really lost this game.

Guest Crymson

Rafalski didn't commit to either man and didn't block the passing lane either. It was effectively a two-on-none.

But whatever. It's over. Us assigning blame isn't going to change what happened. We'll leave it to Babcock to decide what happens, and for Holland to decide what happens in the offseason (whenever that may begin).