• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#141 vOrophin

vOrophin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

I can't imagine the crap that is going to come out of LGW if the offseason/next season does not go well for the Wings. This move is going to be cited so many times as the cause of anything negative...

#142 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

He wasn't being forced out, he was being given a promotion for gods sake to teach someone how to become a great GM. And Yzerman took a hit for this organization when he played for like 2 million bucks, Kenny hasn't taken a hit yet.

Forced out of his GM role - the role he wants just like Steve does, for gods sake. Why does Kenny have to take a hit? He isn't in the twilight of his GM career like Steve was.

works every time

#143 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

Well add this to the list as my crappy day has gotten crappier.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#144 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

You're out of your damned mind you know that?

Well, crying means you don't have balls, doncha know? And newfy likes balls, as he's said on more than one occasion.

I'm happy for Steve, although I'm not entirely sure he's ready to be a full-time GM.

I'd be more concerned organizationally if the Wings lost Holland or even Jim Nill, but the Wings are one of the few teams that can shed an ass't GM and plug someone else in. I'd also be more concerned of Yzerman the player signed with the Lightning for the final few years of his playing career. I'd also be very interested to see who in the organization he brings over with him.

But on the face of it: the headline "Steve Yzerman becomes NHL general manager" is good news, and something that was eventually going to happen.

#145 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,613 posts

This is just another one of the many challenges he has faced in his hockey life; best of skill, and luck, to him.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#146 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:42 PM

I am very sad to see him go but as he said, he knew he had to if he wanted to be a GM. I wish him nothing but the best and I hope his time in Tampa will serve as training and experience for when he takes the reigns in Detroit somewhere down the line. For the first time ever, I might have a second favourite team...yikes. :unsure:

#147 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

Best of Luck Stevie, may you return to us one day.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#148 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:20 PM

I can't imagine the crap that is going to come out of LGW if the offseason/next season does not go well for the Wings. This move is going to be cited so many times as the cause of anything negative...

doubt it

Posted Image

#149 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:20 PM

Already heard that Stevie hired the Windsor Spitfires coach..could be speculation but believe that's his coach.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#150 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

He'll be back.

#151 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

Well, Tampa is my favorite east team. And I love Stamkos. I hope Stevie does well, and I'll betcha just about anything he'll be back in Detroit someday to be the GM.

Stevie Y is my hero, he resembles everything a person should be. Steve, you will be sorely missed, good luck!

Edited by stevieisthebest, 25 May 2010 - 04:23 PM.

"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#152 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

I've felt gut punched since I found this morning. Thisf****** blows. I'm very unhappy but hopefully I'll be able to look at objectively in 72 hours or so.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#153 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

Im betting Gallant is a part of the coaching staff.

Good luck Yzerman, I bet we will all have a great interest in what happens in the coming years in Tampa.

#154 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:52 PM

Very sad day... Yzerman deserved to be GM... I wanted him in Detroit... Sad, very sad day...

Good luck captain!!!

Guess we all have new second favorite team now... :)
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#155 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:07 PM

I really can't understand why anybody would be sad to see him go. It would be more sad to see him rot in Kenny's shadow for the next X amount of years.

Good luck Steve.

#156 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

All the best Stevie, I'm happy for you!

Stevie needs to get some experience as a GM before he takes over for Holland right? I agree with BUHdactyl, he'll be back.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#157 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

OU SHUT UP FAT GUY WHO TALKED DURING YZERMAN'S PRESS CONFERENCE AND HOPED YZERMAN WOULD SPEND AS LONG IN THE LIGHTNING ORGANIZATION AS HE HAS IN THE RED WINGS'S ORGANIZATION

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#158 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

I understand he has to leave, but that organization is a cluster-you-know-what and a career killer.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#159 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

I wonder if there's any ill will between Ilitch and Kenny. We all know how Ilitch feels about Stevie. And Kenny rightfully so did not want to step aside.

#160 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

I wonder if there's any ill will between Ilitch and Kenny. We all know how Ilitch feels about Stevie. And Kenny rightfully so did not want to step aside.

Illitch could have easily fired Holland if he wanted to.

Edited by Reds4Life, 25 May 2010 - 05:38 PM.