Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

I just re-met Nicklas Lidstrom tonight....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:32 PM

My nephew is a '95. When he was 10 he scored on Lidstrom"s son, a goalie. Lidstrom sat very unassumingly, alone in the stands with the rest of us watching the game. My brother, my dad, my wife, and myself were all there. Then after the game Nick came over and congratulated him on a great shot and signed his jersey. All the way home in the back seat he kept mumbling "This is the best day of my life".

Nick Lidstrom is the genuine article. He is who you think he is, and who you hope he is.

My other buddy, the Bloomfiled Hills detective, has a kid that grew up playing Little Ceasar's with Dean Chelios. He would patrol by Cheli's Bloomfield Hills house to check on things for him, as the family would often be out of town at one of their other homes in Chicago or Malibu. Cheli even brought my buddie's kid to his hockey camp in Chicago for free and let he and his kid stay at his house there with Dean and the other kids and a bunch of the fathers. It was summer and everyone was playiing in the pool and eating Cheli's food, then CHeli would leave for a workout while everyone was having fun at his house.

Edited by T.Low, 27 May 2010 - 02:43 PM.

#22 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

Have always wanted to meet Nick. We always knew that before Stevie retired that Nick would take over as Captain. And as the un-envyable task of taking the "C" after the greatest Captain there has ever been he has done nothing but become in my mind the 2nd greatest Captain we have ever had. I can only say, Nick we love ya, come back and hoist the Cup one more time Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#23 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

We were walking towards the ice at Novi (where one of Nick's sons played/plays) and Nick passed all of us on the way and even tapped our goaltender's pads and said good luck to him.

The guy is af****** inspiration.

Posted Image