• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#41 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

legitimately name me one player in the history of the NHL with a statement of how they are more of a ****** than pronger...

can't think of one? that's what i thought.

that's why most of us care if pronger wins the conn smythe, and the cup for that matter. he is a prick of epic proportions. i wish that the sens hadn't s*** the bed and beat the ducks when they won the cup. pronger would be pushing 40 with no cup.

Claude Lemeiux... oh, I don't know... for pile driving Drapers face into the dasher and then leaving it to his team to handle his business. For starters.

Corey Perry... seriously, you can't even dispute this.

I could go on...

#42 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

Corey Perry... seriously, you can't even dispute this.

I could go on...

Posted Image So So true... I am sure there are way more than Pronger as well. It could very well be said that every player on the late 90's Avalanche were mastering the art of ****** baggery.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#43 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

legitimately name me one player in the history of the NHL with a statement of how they are more of a ****** than pronger...

can't think of one? that's what i thought.

Ti Domi
Claude Lemieux

#44 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Chicago is a team full of Prongers as far as Wings fans should be concerned. Wishing they'd win a Cup is like cheering for the Avalanche!
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#45 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:59 PM

It'll take Pronger quite a bit more than a Conn Smythe to rival Norris Nick Lidstrom.

Curious...How many cups was Pronger wearing a "C" for (he's been a captain, but leading team to victory?)? Times won as "A"?

Lidstrom (by far) leads Pronger in career stats, with Pronger having 1 less year in the League.

Differences in career stats:
308 Less Games Played (minus 82 to see the difference lost by Pronger's suspensions and injuries during career)
85 Less Goals
300 Less Assists
385 Less Points
-256 +/- difference
42 PPG
140 PPA

Lidstrom also has an immeasurable lead over Pronger in class and honor. Unlike Pronger, Lidstrom has accomplished everything in his amazing career without ever once playing dirty hockey.

#46 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,920 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

Lidstrom also has an immeasurable lead over Pronger in class and honor. Unlike Pronger, Lidstrom has accomplished everything in his amazing career without ever once playing dirty hockey.

But...But...He didn't shake King Sid's hand!!!! :ninja:

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#47 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

But...But...He didn't shake King Sid's hand!!!! Posted Image

muck muck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_K2Zj9UcCU
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#48 Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)

Guest_screwdahawks (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

Chicago is a team full of Prongers as far as Wings fans should be concerned. Wishing they'd win a Cup is like cheering for the Avalanche!

This

#49 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

Perfectly stated. Go Philly!

#50 bdavis

bdavis

• Bronze Booster
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:19 PM

Hey OP, post on a Blackhawks forum. In case you can't read, this is letsgoWINGS.com. Geez. C'mon guys, wanting to see another team win the cup........ That makes me sick :puke:

#51 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:36 PM

some stupid people has said that pronger is better than lidstrom alltime just because he has a good playoffs. I would hate to see the conn smythe go to him. It must go to chicago and toews!

Posting this on a Red Wings forum is blasphemy.

#52 Hockey God

Hockey God

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:05 AM

some stupid people has said that pronger is better than lidstrom alltime just because he has a good playoffs. I would hate to see the conn smythe go to him. It must go to chicago and toews!

ur no longer a true Wings fan for cheering for chicago

#53 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:00 AM

I'm sure I'm not alone in hating Pronger slightly less now that he's no longer with a rival team.

I'd rather see him win a cup with Philly than with Anaheim or St. Louis or Edmonton.

#54 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:19 AM

Ewwww the blackhawks...

Posted Image

#55 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

Lidstrom has 6 Norris trophies, 4 Stanley Cups and a Conn Smythe.

Pronger has 1 Norris trophy and 1 Stanley Cup.

There's no comparison.

Career wise there is no comparison. This year there is. chris Pronger is a better Dman than Nick Lidstrom is today. No doubt Nick will retire as the better of the two, and by a wide margin at that - but Pronger is a better player right now than Lids. Yes I know it sucks, but it's the truth.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#56 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

/thread

Seriously, Wings fans cannot root for Chicago, check your contracts :)

#57 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:47 AM

/thread

Seriously, Wings fans cannot root for Chicago, check your contracts :)

This.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#58 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

ur no longer a true Wings fan for cheering for chicago

You guys are all saying what I said a few days ago, and I got attacked for it by some of the dumb Hawks lovers on this site.

It's good to see that LGW is back to being a Wings friendly site. No more Hawks obsession. They're our freaking rivals for crying out loud, and their entire fanbase hates the Wings and always roots "Red Wings Suck".

I'm supposed to cheer for them in the Finals just because of one gap-toothed idiot being on the other team? I don't think so.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#59 NickA

NickA

Prospect

• 34 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

The Conn Smythe doesnt have to go to a player on the team that wins the Stanley Cup. Pronger could just as easily win it even if the Flyers lose. That makes this post ignorant and unnecessary.

#60 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:59 AM

Career wise there is no comparison. This year there is. chris Pronger is a better Dman than Nick Lidstrom is today. No doubt Nick will retire as the better of the two, and by a wide margin at that - but Pronger is a better player right now than Lids. Yes I know it sucks, but it's the truth.

I'd limit it to Pronger being a better player than Lids this season. Lidstrom had a slow start, and Pronger for some reason is a beast when he gets traded to a new team.

Next year who knows what'll happen.

And the guy plays on the edge, a lot of times over it, and the puck stealing thing is lame, but I still would've loved to have Pronger on the Wings. Great defenseman, smart hockey player, and how could you not love having one of the biggest villains in all the league on your blueline?

Part of the Wings problem the last couple seasons has been the free passes they give to opposing players around the Wings crease. Pronger would've changed that.