• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#1 Phazon

Phazon

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

some stupid people has said that pronger is better than lidstrom alltime just because he has a good playoffs. I would hate to see the conn smythe go to him. It must go to chicago and toews!

#2 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:15 PM

I'd rather see Pronger and Philly with the cup then Chicago.

Pronger winning a Conn Smythe won't put his career over Lidstrom's anyways. At least not with level headed fans.

#3 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:22 PM

I hope Chicago loses because I cannot stand their coach! Have disliked him since he was whining and crying while coach St. Louis... It's just too bad Detroit couldn't have made it to the WCF so we could knock him out of the playoffs yet again!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#4 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:22 PM

Pronger winning a Conn Smythe won't put his career over Lidstrom's anyways. At least not with level headed fans.

So it would be a toss up for you? :yowza:

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#5 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

please chicago win the stanley cup

I never expected to read that on a Detroit Red Wings fansite.
thanks offsides!

#6 zackmorris

zackmorris

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

Pronger could win the Smythe, lead in points and s*** solid gold, and he'd never be recognized as being better than Lidstrom, because he's not. Not in any way other than physicality, and that'd may as well be irrelevant with how good Nick is.

If Philly wins, I'd give my vote to Briere, Richards, Pronger in that order. People aren't giving nearly enough credit to Timmonen, Coburn and Carle. They've been playing so well that it's a shame people only focus on Pronger. Without those guys Pronger doesn't mean nearly as much as he does. No defenseman by himself can carry an entire defensive unit. Not Nick, not Orr, nobody. Because even if they play a half hour a night, you need competent warm bodies to play the other 30. Just look at Nick this season-Lebda and E gave up a ton of goals. It's not like Nick fell off or anything. It'd be the same with Philly, because if Pronger played 30 minutes, was lights out, and they lost 5-3 because the other 2 d-pairings s*** the bed, no one would talk or care about Pronger's play.

Briere has been the guy for Philly. It's been more of a team effort than most teams I've seen this year or any year, but he's stepped up and scored when he's been needed. You don't just need talent, or chemistry or scorers-you need guys who play well at those times that either make or break you.

Edited by zackmorris, 03 June 2010 - 03:30 PM.

#7 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,460 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:31 PM

I don't care either way. Why would anyone care if Pronger won the Conne Smythe or not?

#8 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

Yeah, can we remove this thread somehow. Please Chicago win? I mean opinions are obviously more than allowed and far be it from me to say otherwise. But these are the things that make me believe the Apocalypse is on its way.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#9 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

If Philly wins i dont see how it could go to anyone other than Briere. Even with Pronger i still would rather see Philly win the cup. I wouldn't mind seeing Briere,Gagne,Timmonen and Leino get a ring.
There isnt anyone on the Hawks that im like "Hey i would like to see that guy win a Championship" combined with their obnoxious fans....no thanks ill take Philly.

#10 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

I am indifferent I suppose about Toews. I think he is just an all around great player and perfect Captain in a mold of dare I say, Stevie. But again he is on s***cago and that amoeba-like fan base doesn't allow anyone to like them so f*** that, Go Flyers

#11 zackmorris

zackmorris

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

If Philly wins i dont see how it could go to anyone other than Briere. Even with Pronger i still would rather see Philly win the cup. I wouldn't mind seeing Briere,Gagne,Timmonen and Leino get a ring.
There isnt anyone on the Hawks that im like "Hey i would like to see that guy win a Championship" combined with their obnoxious fans....no thanks ill take Philly.

Agreed. Least Elbows McAsshole has already won a Cup. I'd like to see Kane, Buttfugglien and a few of those other schmucks go their whole careers without one. Especially Kane. He's really the NHL's most popular and possibly only contribution to the sea of queerboy coward softies this world now seems to produce in abundance.

#12 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

^^^Elbows McAsshole= pure win^^^

Philly doesn't have to win for one of their guys to win the Conn Smythe.

That said, I'd rather see it in the hands of pretty much anyone but Pronger. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would be pretty icky.

Edited by 55fan, 03 June 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#13 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

It'll take Pronger quite a bit more than a Conn Smythe to rival Norris Nick Lidstrom.

Curious...How many cups was Pronger wearing a "C" for (he's been a captain, but leading team to victory?)? Times won as "A"?

Lidstrom (by far) leads Pronger in career stats, with Pronger having 1 less year in the League.

Differences in career stats:
308 Less Games Played (minus 82 to see the difference lost by Pronger's suspensions and injuries during career)
85 Less Goals
300 Less Assists
385 Less Points
-256 +/- difference
42 PPG
140 PPA

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#14 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

All this Pronger hate, but if he someday became a Detroit Red Wing he would be loved. Remember he hate for Bertuzzi, Chelios, Reindeau, Clark, Ulf Samuelsson? These guys were all hated, yet when they put on the Winged Wheel you all cheered for them. That is why, as much as I love LGW, most of you guys are full of the Red Kool Aid. I particulary would like to see Pronger become a Red Wing, much like Hatcher did. I like players for players, not who they play for, hence the reason I still cannot stand Hudler, McCarty or LaPointe. Not that they weren't good at what they do or did, just don't like them and on LGW if you don't like a Red Wing, you aren't a true fan according to most, and you can go root for another team if you don't like any particular Wings player. God forbid someone say something negative about Yzerman, like in person he is a stuck up prick, I know, I have met him plenty of times, he ranks right up there with Gretzky. I have nothing against his importance to the Wings and now to the Lightning, just in person, he isn't what most of you think. And I am not talking about the Yzerman who is paid to be pleasant when it comes to autograph sessions and the like. God forbid, someone doesn't like Lidstrom either...

EDIT: See, some ****** gives me a negative just because I say something that doesn't place anyone who plays for the Wings on a pedestal next to God... Hey ****** bag, you're funny, you think Yzerman cares for you? Now you're really delusional!

Edited by LeftWinger, 03 June 2010 - 04:10 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

#15 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

Chicago should try to win it for "The Rally Monkey":

Posted Image

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#16 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image

Consider this s*** officially jinxed

#17 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:08 PM

All this Pronger hate, but if he someday became a Detroit Red Wing he would be loved.

I have been watching Pronger play for many years and I feel pretty comfortable representing the majority of Red Wings fans when I say I never want to see that gap tooth piece of s*** wearing the whinged wheel.

#18 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

I particulary would like to see Pronger become a Red Wing, much like Hatcher did

EDIT: See, some ****** gives me a negative just because I say something that doesn't place anyone who plays for the Wings on a pedestal next to God... Hey ****** bag, you're funny, you think Yzerman cares for you? Now you're really delusional!

Yeah man sorry but he sucked here so, pass.

#19 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

He was injured.

#20 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

He sucked here because he injured himself a few games into the season, then wasn't 100% percent when he came back, then because of Buttman he had to get bought out of his contract, so could never return to form in Detroit. He did have decent seasons in Philly before he retired...

www.thinkdunes.com