• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

please chicago win the stanley cup

Rate this topic

Oh what ever. It's easy to bash a questionable character when they're on another team.

No team, or semi-intellegent hockey veiwer on the planet would hate to have Pronger on their team. Well, unless you prefer "losing with character" over....just winning. Pronger is pound for pound, one of the cockiest, irritating hockey players on the planet....but he's also one of the best.

If detroit signed Pronger, I bet we'd be in the finals.

It's hockey. If you guys want a "nice" team, go watch tennis or something.

I personally think we could use a few more cocky dirtbag questionable players

Irritating for sure. I've never really found Pronger to be cocky. In interviews I've seen he's usually fairly well spoken and humble, actually. The guy's a dick on the ice, but he's pretty friggin smart.

And I would've taken him on the Wings in a heartbeat. Yes he plays to the edge, and sometimes over it. But so did Chelios, and several other former Wings players.

But I don't lump him in with players who run guys and hide behind teammates or refs. He's not a big fighter, but to my knowledge Pronger's not hid from anyone. But he's definitely got a mean streak that gets away from him sometimes.

Still, could you imagine the Wings with Pronger and Lidstrom as the top 2 D-men? Holy hell.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest zackmorris

1) You obviously never watched any team with Bertuzzi on it before the Moore incident. Always has been a thug. That incident just cemented his goon status. "One mistake" my ass.

2) You said you were glad Holland doesn't go after questionable individuals. This is patently wrong. While he may not recruit a whole team of them, he has certainly has persued "questionable" individuals. Just because they play for the Wings doesn't make them less of an undesirable in most cases to most people. Your thinking, outside of one player, is once they're on the Wings, they're golden. Double standard much?

You can hardly call any of the players listed in this thread "reaching." Well, maybe in your mind, but you're obviously stranded alone in that thinking.

1) I didn't see much goonery out of Bertuzzi before that incident.

2) I know you're hunting for a double standard but if you'd actually read what I'm saying instead of assuming you'd see what I've been talking about. But that'd hurt the argument hunt wouldn't it? I've made it clear the past few posts I meant in general we aren't an idiotic goon type of team and more than any other NHL organization, class and character is important to us. If you think it's not, you're blind. And yes, Bert, Sammy and pretty much all of them but Hatcher were huge reaches.

Btw, are people still overusing the word "patently" around here? Lmao...

Oh what ever. It's easy to bash a questionable character when they're on another team.

No team, or semi-intellegent hockey veiwer on the planet would hate to have Pronger on their team. Well, unless you prefer "losing with character" over....just winning. Pronger is pound for pound, one of the cockiest, irritating hockey players on the planet....but he's also one of the best.

If detroit signed Pronger, I bet we'd be in the finals.

Well s***, let's make you the GM. Nevermind the fact if we signed Pronger we'd have to shed some other important members of the team. Pronger wouldn't have kept the Sharks from diving, the refs from falling for it. That's all that series was to me. We could've been better but it's not like he would've made a huge difference. Last I checked our top 2 defensemen have seen more finals appearances than Chris Pronger likely ever will. Just because he's there right now, and Philly's 2, 3 and 4 d-men get zero credit doesn't mean OMG MAKE IT HAPPEN KENNY.

To a total outsider, reading that paragraph would make it sound like we're losing because we sign nice guys. HELLO, we're the Detroit ******* Red Wings. We're the model of the NHL, and we did it without sacrificing our overall character to win. Nitpicking a tiny percentage of players whom we deem to be questionable (probably just for the amusement of e-debating) doesn't change that.

Edited by zackmorris

OMG - Chicago has bandwagon fans! Alert the media!

I'll be the first the admit it's kind of pitiful - I couldn't find anyone in Chicago to tell me what time the first game started. Some of the actual fans are pathetic, no doubt about it. Their games haven't been televised in 20 years. What do you expect? I'm sure everyone here would be attending Wings games constantly because the games weren't televised in their lifetime because after all, it IS the Wings, right?

Chicago is good again. I can rekindle the revulsion I have had for them my entire lifetime (twice most of yours) instead of feeling pity. But that is going to wait until Pronger is denied.

Guest CaliWingsNut

OMG - Chicago has bandwagon fans!

Maybe it is possible to get new business from old teams... rolleyes.gif

I ran into an old friend last night. He's a Blackhawks fan, so I knew some ribbing was coming, considering how much he has gotten from me in the last decade or so since we've known each other. He was pleased as punch at the Hawks making it as far as they have.

I asked how it was that he became a fan. He replied that the Hawks were geographically the closest team to North Dakota at the time he started watching hockey.

I had never thought of it that way. I wonder how many other fans over the age of 50 they have west of Chicago for just that reason.

Being the daughter of a native Detroiter, Chicago was never an option, although my dad would root for an Original Six team over any other. He would also hope Montreal didn't make the playoffs so that he would not be obligated to root for them. :)