• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MacK_Attack

Leafs changing jersey; naming Phaneuf captain

Rate this topic

That should be the main jersey. I love the retro look.

Agreed...Add the blue version for home games, and they're set.

Me thinks MLSE does alot of this knowing Maple Leaf fans will spend alot of $$$ every 3 to 5 years on a new set of jerseys.

Guest Shoreline   
Guest Shoreline

Given Phaneuf would have been captain as well, in Calgary, if Iginla weren't, this isn't much of a surprise to me. Some people see that he's human and has flaws in his defensive capabilities, but in all likelihood there's some locker room leadership we don't see.

As for the jersey, it's no worse or better than the previous one.

I too like the 1960's retro 3rd jersey the best, but I gotta admit I like the Harold Ballard era jerseys as well :blush:

With all the jersey changes we've seen since the early 1990's - ya gotta believe the MLSE are reaping huge profits.

Jersey sales bottomed out the last couple years because everybody thought the "practice jersey" they've been using was ugly and there's been a lack of secure names to put on a jersey.

Phaneuf jerseys started flying off the shelves as soon as they got him, though.

Jersey sales bottomed out the last couple years because everybody thought the "practice jersey" they've been using was ugly and there's been a lack of secure names to put on a jersey.

Phaneuf jerseys started flying off the shelves as soon as they got him, though.

Is Phaneuf a locker room cancer? That's the hearsay but is it any true?

Is Phaneuf a locker room cancer? That's the hearsay but is it any true?

No, never been any indication of that in Toronto. The impression seems to be that his intensity, work ethic and expectations have brought about a level of accountability.

Agreed...Add the blue version for home games, and they're set.

Me thinks MLSE does alot of this knowing Maple Leaf fans will spend alot of $$$ every 3 to 5 years on a new set of jerseys.

I've read that the alternate will be replaced after this current season from a jersey from a different era in their past.

from a couple months ago:

http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/postedsports/archive/2010/03/30/leafs-considering-another-uniform-change.aspx

Tom Anselmi, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment's COO, said the organization is redesigning its third jersey, which currently is a throwback to the early 1960s. While he would not get into specifics, he said the team is looking at its rich history for ideas. Any change would not take effect until the 2011-12 season.

"It's premature to get into a lot of specifics," said Anselmi. "But we're going to change the third jersey. When you get into the Leafs history, it gets real fascinating. When you go back, there's all kinds of intricate changes."

No, never been any indication of that in Toronto. The impression seems to be that his intensity, work ethic and expectations have brought about a level of accountability.

That's a nice change of pace in TO.

Komisarek & Beauchemin

Over Phaneuf? Dion is certainly deserving of this, or at very least will show he is. He fits in perfect with what Toronto loves, smaller tuff as nails kind of guy. The Marketing boys will love this>Dion will have a key to the city in no time.

Edited by 13dangledangle

Think about this logically....

Mats Sundin will be succeeded by Dion Phaneuf.

Let that sink in now....

Clark then Gilmour then Sundin... then Phaneuf... Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...