• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

HHOF Class of 2010.

Rate this topic

FINALLY! Dino was always a fav. Really happy about this one. Glad he got in ahead of Bure. Not that Bure doesn't deserve it eventually. Dino earned it. And no surprise about Jimmy D. Great news!

I'm surprised and a little (a lot) disappointed that they didn't choose Pat Burns.

Me too. I really get the feeling this was the last chance they had before it's a posthumous induction in 2011.

But I'm really glad for Dino.

Brutal.

Happy for Dino, but he simply is not at the level of guys like Makarov, Gilmour, Howe and Oates.

Ciccarelli will probably open it up for a lot of 80s and early 90s compilers. Ultimately, he's under a PPG in a high scoring era.

Pretty ridiculous they are now favoring women over european greats whom had little to no NHL play.

So why does Dino get in ahead of Andreychuk?

Or is Andreychuk already in? I forgot.

I'm surprised too. I thought Dino's chances would be hurt when Andreychuk became eligible. They are pretty similar players, except Andreychuk has a better reputation and has captained a team to a cup.

Irony: Mr. William Scott Bowman is on the HHOF Selection Committee. Maybe he snuck out for a break when Ciccarelli's name came up for the vote.

Or maybe he once said, in a moment of anger, "f*** you, Dino. I'll do something nice for you when the Blackhawks win the Cup."

Congrats to Dino and Jimmy D.

Edited by 55fan

Irony: Mr. William Scott Bowman is on the HHOF Selection Committee. Maybe he snuck out for a break when Ciccarelli's name came up for the vote.

Just listenend to an interview with Dino and he said he heard through the grapevine Bowman was the most vocal supporter of him getting in.

His dad passed away a few years ago, shortly after he missed the Hall by one vote and his mom just passed away a few months ago.

Just listenend to an interview with Dino and he said he heard through the grapevine Bowman was the most vocal supporter of him getting in.

His dad passed away a few years ago, shortly after he missed the Hall by one vote and his mom just passed away a few months ago.

If true, that's good to hear. It's like Chaucer said: "As tyme hem hurt, a tyme doth hem cure."

Yeahhhh, as if I knew that one!