#1 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

http://www.freep.com...ey-Hall-of-Fame

Good job boys.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#2 Dano33

Dano33

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

608 goals, it's about time. My favorite player of all-time and he shouldn't have had to wait this long. Way to go Dino.
"I can't believe I shook this guy's friggen hand." -Dino Ciccarelli

"Don't think, just play." -Curtis Granderson, always a Tiger

#3 GordieSid&Ted

GordieSid&Ted

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

608 goals, it's about time. My favorite player of all-time and he shouldn't have had to wait this long. Way to go Dino.

Couldn't agree more. One of my all time favorites, if not THE favorite player for me. In the past 2 years I had gotten to the point where I was pretty certain it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Man, was I shocked, relieved and ecstatic when I heard. DINO IS IN!!!!!! And Jimmy D, too. Awesome day!
Being a mod doesn't make you special.

#4 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

its aboutf****** time....even though dino was only with us for 4 years...he will always be one of my all time favorites. :clap:

#5 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

Well deserved in both cases, but Dino was overdue!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#6 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

I can't wait to see how the Wings honour these two for their acomplishments. :) Obviously there will be a themed game of some sort and a sweet merchandise giveaway.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#7 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:47 PM

Nevermind...grats Dino

Edited by dragonballgtz, 22 June 2010 - 11:49 PM.

#8 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:13 AM

My brush with Dino came when I was 15, pushing carts one holiday season at the Toys R Us at Lakeside Mall. He was there buying gifts. Congrats to both him and Jimmy D.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,610 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:14 AM

Congrats, guys. Well deserved. I know that Dino still can't believe he shook the guys friggin' hand.

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 23 June 2010 - 12:15 AM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#10 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:01 AM

Mark Howe? Sergei Makarov? These guys deserve to be in WAY before Ciccarelli.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#11 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:06 AM

Mark Howe? Sergei Makarov? These guys deserve to be in WAY before Ciccarelli.

Makarov hardly even played in the NHL. Dino has more goals in the NHL then he does games played. I think its safe to say Dino is more then deserving

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#12 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:26 AM

What is Dino going in as?
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#13 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:30 AM

I'm tickled to see Dino get in. I honestly believe that Homer learned a lot of his tricks from Dino. One of my all time faves. Congrats to both he and Jim Devellano - both deserving and both long overdue.
Posted Image

#14 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:56 AM

Makarov hardly even played in the NHL. Dino has more goals in the NHL then he does games played. I think its safe to say Dino is more then deserving

So? Last time I checked it was the Hockey Hall of Fame, not the NHL Hall of Fame.

That's not to say Dino is more or less deserving than Makarov, but your logic is flawed.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#15 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

Cammi Granato is totally deserving of recognition for her accomplishments, but I think there should be a separate category for women. There is no way that there can be a comparison given how different everything is between the genders in the hockey world.

Congrats to Dino and Jimmy D and the other winners as well.

#16 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:28 AM

Dino's stick incident and off ice incidents are what kept him out for so long, but the guy deserves to be in. They just had to let those memories fade a bit I guess, or hold him out as punishment or something.

#17 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

Cammi Granato is totally deserving of recognition for her accomplishments, but I think there should be a separate category for women. There is no way that there can be a comparison given how different everything is between the genders in the hockey world.

Congrats to Dino and Jimmy D and the other winners as well.

Women are separate... each year up to 4 men, 2 women and 2 builders can be accepted. No one else got the 14 out of 18 votes this year.
I am hearing Mark Howe came close this year :thumbup: Hopefully he will finally be 'forgiven' for daring to play in the WHA.

Dino's stick incident and off ice incidents are what kept him out for so long, but the guy deserves to be in. They just had to let those memories fade a bit I guess, or hold him out as punishment or something.

I think it is obvious the committee strongly believes in making players with black marks wait, and that first-year inductions are reserved for the true greats.

I do like that.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#18 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

Women are separate... each year up to 4 men, 2 women and 2 builders can be accepted. No one else got the 14 out of 18 votes this year.
I am hearing Mark Howe came close this year :thumbup: Hopefully he will finally be 'forgiven' for daring to play in the WHA.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I had overheard in passing someone (male) complaining that the gals had taken the men's spots.

#19 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I had overheard in passing someone (male) complaining that the gals had taken the men's spots.

That was my first reaction as well... Just unusual to see only one male induction this year (I think the only other time was Wayne Gretzky), as there certainly are plenty of other men deserving and elgible.

The committee is such an old boy's club, I think all their moves 'say something'.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#20 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

I'm close to the Ciccarelli family and they are ecstatic that Dino is finally getting the recognition he deserves!

:thumbup:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!