• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Kevin Smith

Rate this topic

There's not a smile emoticon on here that has a big enough smile to properly portray how I feel about this....

So by the end of it, he was like, "You're the guy." He goes: "I got two requests. One, you can't make fun of the sport. The sport is too easy to make fun of, and we need all the help we can get." I was like, "I'm the last guy in the world to make fun of the sport!" And then he was like, "Two, you gotta film it in Detroit." And I was like, "That ain't hard -- that's Hockeytown." He's like: "I'm from Detroit. We could use the help." I said, "Dude, done and done."

I am BEAMING right now....... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

No kidding. If I could handpick a director to make a gritty hockey film and pick where he shoots it, it would be Kevin Smith and Detroit.

exactly, I got goosebumps when I read this article...

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

I think there was already a thread about this movie. 95% of people were against it

I think there was already a thread about this movie. 95% of people were against it

you're confusing movies - that was a thread about a hockey musical which is an abortion of an idea that had NOTHING to do with Kevin Smith... someone in that thread, just happened to mention that Kevin Smith was in the early stages of developing a REAL hockey movie and this thread just confirms that and gives us more detail...

I just did a quick search and there weren't any actual threads on Smith's movie, although it was talked about here and there. The movie that 95% of people are against was the hockey musical.

Stiffler gets the lead role? uhhhh

yeah I'm not sure how I feel about that. I was never into the teen-aimed comedy films and he was a staple of them for the past decade. I'm willing to give him a chance, though. Maybe it was a move on Smith's part to maximize viewers who might be interested in hockey (young adult males)?

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

you're confusing movies - that was a thread about a hockey musical which is an abortion of an idea that had NOTHING to do with Kevin Smith... someone in that thread, just happened to mention that Kevin Smith was in the early stages of developing a REAL hockey movie and this thread just confirms that and gives us more detail...

I just did a quick search and there weren't any actual threads on Smith's movie, although it was talked about here and there. The movie that 95% of people are against was the hockey musical.

ahhh okay okay

yeah I'm not sure how I feel about that. I was never into the teen-aimed comedy films and he was a staple of them for the past decade. I'm willing to give him a chance, though. Maybe it was a move on Smith's part to maximize viewers who might be interested in hockey (young adult males)?

He was great in Role Models and just has an overall likable persona, not to mention, finding A-list comedic actors that appeal to a mass audience that can actually skate(he grew up in Minnesota, so I'm going to assume he can skate) probably isn't easy AND he has a history with Kevin Smith (Cop Out, Jay and Silent Bob Strike back) and everyone knows that directors like to work with actors they are familiar with...

All and all, I think it will be deeper than most expect, but still have a lot of laughs along the way... I like the casting to be honest...

Guest mindfly

aaron downey needs to be in that role.

Wonder what kind of acting skills he got...

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

He was great in Role Models and just has an overall likable persona, not to mention, finding A-list comedic actors that appeal to a mass audience that can actually skate(he grew up in Minnesota, so I'm going to assume he can skate) probably isn't easy AND he has a history with Kevin Smith (Cop Out, Jay and Silent Bob Strike back) and everyone knows that directors like to work with actors they are familiar with...

All and all, I think it will be deeper than most expect, but still have a lot of laughs along the way... I like the casting to be honest...

He can't skate at all. I just read that in a Kevin Smith interview

Guest Shoreline

Stiffler gets the lead role? uhhhh

I'm betting more on Jay and Silent Bob.

From Wikipedia. :

Kevin Smith is a hockey fan and loyal New Jersey Devils fan. Smith wrote his own blog that was posted on the National Hockey League's website and also often blogs specifically about the Devils. NHL has since discontinued his blog when the NHL found his blogs to be too controversial. Smith is also a fan of the Edmonton Oilers.

He can't skate at all. I just read that in a Kevin Smith interview

Wrong - he CAN skate, he just isn't a good hockey player, which actually fits the role - http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=518446

"When I pegged Seann, I said 'You're Minnesota; that might as well be Canada," said Smith. "You're from hockey country. He was like, I'm an athlete and I played a lot of baseball and basketball, but I wasn't good at hockey. I can skate, though. I said that's all I need. He doesn't have to be Paul Coffey on skates. He shouldn't be."
Edited by stevkrause

hmm, conflicting stories... well, luckily the role doesn't require him to be the next coming of Bobby Orr, he just needs to be competent... so, get him with a coach and he'll be good to go...

Edited by stevkrause

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Most enforcers can't skate anyway...not too big of a deal

Kevin Smith is a hockey fan and loyal New Jersey Devils fan. Smith wrote his own blog that was posted on the National Hockey League's website and also often blogs specifically about the Devils. NHL has since discontinued his blog when the NHL found his blogs to be too controversial. Smith is also a fan of the Edmonton Oilers.

NHL STRIKES AGAIN! NHL OR PMRC?