• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsyukian_deke13

Mike Modano signs with Detroit

Rate this topic

His wife was the biggest supporter apparently. So much for all the conspiracy theorists pissing stool in the Modano thread for the last month about the wife holding him back...

On top of that, Mo just said he needed some time to get over the sting of Joe not offering him a contract, but the moment Detroit contacted him it lit a fire under him.

So much for the "has no passion" comments.

At first when I heard about this deal I have to admit I didn't sign on right away. I really felt Holland is just getting more old players when I think we need youth. The more I think about this the better a feel about it. I mean seeing Modano at Training Camp this September. The Best US Born NHL Player that's really AWESOME!! At least I think so. Hopefully he can still be a big asset to an NHL club like the Red Wings. Let's Go Red Wings!!

On top of that, Mo just said he needed some time to get over the sting of Joe not offering him a contract, but the moment Detroit contacted him it lit a fire under him.

So much for the "has no passion" comments.

so all the bad negitive comments are being shot down..now lets see his play.=)

Guest mindfly

Yep, this season is going to be exciting, just another solid D and we're set! (and a few trade(s)/waive(s)

Edited by mindfly

His wife was the biggest supporter apparently. So much for all the conspiracy theorists pissing stool in the Modano thread for the last month about the wife holding him back...

Behind every good man there is a what? :thumbup:

esteef

Guest mindfly

Modano wanted #6 but it was some oldschool history behind it that i aint heard of before

"“I wanted No. 6, but they told me about Larry Aurie,” said Modano, referring to Aurie, who played between 1927-39, and had his number retired by former Wings owner James Norris. “I thought it would be easy to just flip 9 to 6,” Modano said. “I would have loved 6, but maybe 90.”

Modano wanted #6 but it was some oldschool history behind it that i aint heard of before

"“I wanted No. 6, but they told me about Larry Aurie,” said Modano, referring to Aurie, who played between 1927-39, and had his number retired by former Wings owner James Norris. “I thought it would be easy to just flip 9 to 6,” Modano said. “I would have loved 6, but maybe 90.”

What do you mean? You've never heard of Larry Aurie before?