• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

datsyukian_deke13

Mike Modano signs with Detroit

Rate this topic

am i the only one who thinks we should have gotten a damn good d-man for a few years than sign modano for one? i think kenny is experimenting with something...

Expound on this...like who at what $ for how long? Enquiring minds want to know. I'm fine with Holland's moves, but your's may be better...what's your idea?

mo.jpg

Looks good.

He wore 27 when 9 was taken in All Star games. I bet he wears 27.

Well, I didn't want it to happen, it'll mean the end of a promising prospect, but whatever.

Ritola is not as promising in my mind. I just don't see his role on our team in the short run. Maybe we resign him down the road. Who knows, but I am not going to miss someone when I feel like Modano gives us a chance at overcoming the very real problem of not being the NHL's team of choice to win it all.

Guest mindfly

Will there be a live conference on friday ya think? maybe some newspaper or whatnot will stream?

Edited by mindfly

I have always creamed in my shorts thinking about having Modano on the Wings. A few years later than I would have liked so the mess will be easier to clean! Very excited.

I think he could be somewhat like Brett Hull was as a mentor to Zett and Datts on the old goat and two kids line if he is ever paired with say Abbs/Healm or another youth- maybe even Hudler and Healm.

Guest mindfly

So when he's done as a player, he comes to Detroit who welcome him wiht both arms. We fell in love with the idea of the past Modano, not the washed up one of 2010.

He's still one of the better depth players in this year's free agency...and kenny adds him to this club.. be happy.

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

It appears you can watch the press conference at 2pm ET tomorrow:

FOX Sports Detroit Dana Wakiji writes about Mike Modano's homecoming http://bit.ly/93UeTC. Watch the press conference 2 pm Friday at Foxsportsdetroit.com

So when he's done as a player, he comes to Detroit who welcome him wiht both arms. We fell in love with the idea of the past Modano, not the washed up one of 2010.

ok we get that you don't like him. his signed with us now. its time to move on and get ready for the season. smile be happy.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Guest dmac's cup ring

a washed up modano will generate more pts on the 3rd line than darren helm would this year. that's all that matters.

I love it when "fans" talk s*** about a player and say hes old and washed up but then when that same player is our leading scorer, they don't have s*** to say. Why don't you haters have paitence and see what happens. Hockey players play different in other jerserys. who knows, maybe he will deke like Datsyuk, have the temper of Bert and hit like Kronwall. I doubt that combo, but its possible! oh wait, isn't that franzen? :blink:

Edited by Red Wings 2010

No, we're in love with the idea of having the highest scoring American born player in NHL history, centering our third line, being good defensively, scoring 20 goals and getting around 50 points, something that "washed up" Modano has been doing for the last few years on a lousy Stars team. No one here expects him to play like he did in 1994. 20 goals, 30 assists is fine with me. You're not going to find that kind of production on any other teams third line.