• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/9 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2

Rate this topic

didn't get to catch this game being in europe and all but by the sounds of it ozzie played well which is huge. we are going to need him all season long to step in and give howie a break here and there. good to see flips production starting off strong as well.

Guest screwdahawks

DAMMIT, TURCO!!!! :ranting:

Get used to the fact that he piss' his pants every time he has to face the Wings. LOL they are his worst nightmare:lol:

Flip!

Wow...what a soft goal!

LOL

See what I mean about him pissin his pants

Edited by screwdahawks

Guest screwdahawks

Yeah, Kopecky is still a total idiot out there.

He belongs on the 3rd line, not on the 1st.

Correct, however when they play the Wings it's best they play him on the first line. Won't matter which line he's on if Turdco in in goal.......

Guest Crymson

It's fun watching Blackhawks fans everywhere suddenly begin backpedaling and coming up with excuses (and out right insults towards the Wings and towards the city of Detroit), whereas they were ebulliently and arrogantly confident before the game.

It's fun watching Blackhawks fans everywhere suddenly begin backpedaling and coming up with excuses (and out right insults towards the Wings and towards the city of Detroit), whereas they were ebulliently and arrogantly confident before the game.

:blink:

esteef

I concur. Also, nice usage of the word "ebulliently".

:blink:

esteef

It's a good word. Means "zestfully enthusiastic".

Edited by Electrophile

Guest LarryMurphySpecial

Wings got the win, and for that I'm happy for, especially on a back to back night, but anyone who is claiming we "outplayed chicago badly", is delusional. The last two goals for the wings were some of the flukiest ones ive seen the past few years. Not saying our boys didn't deserve the win, but if Osgood wasn't great for a few 2-3 minute stanzas, this easily could have gone completely the other way.

Guest LarryMurphySpecial

Almost as funny as how you group whole groups of fans based off the actions of some. Or almost as funny as your continued attempt to impress people you will never meet online with an obviously dubbed up vocabulary.

Wings got the win, and for that I'm happy for, especially on a back to back night, but anyone who is claiming we "outplayed chicago badly", is delusional. The last two goals for the wings were some of the flukiest ones ive seen the past few years. Not saying our boys didn't deserve the win, but if Osgood wasn't great for a few 2-3 minute stanzas, this easily could have gone completely the other way.

Osgood was consistent, not great. There were no times where I thought he downright saved a goal.

It was an up and down game for the most part, but because of Turco (a goaltender Chicago is going to be stuck with all year) the team lost out on a point.

Osgood was consistent, not great. There were no times where I thought he downright saved a goal.

It was an up and down game for the most part, but because of Turco (a goaltender Chicago is going to be stuck with all year) the team lost out on a point.

But CORE!!!!!!

The last two goals for the wings were some of the flukiest ones ive seen the past few years.

Bert's goal didn't strike me as a fluke at all. That seemed to be exactly what Stuart wanted to do.

Not saying our boys didn't deserve the win, but if Osgood wasn't great for a few 2-3 minute stanzas, this easily could have gone completely the other way.

In other words it was a normal hockey game.

I don't understand this reasoning. He did that 26 times last night. They just didn't look difficult enough or something?

And honestly if Ozzy stays consistent but not great for the season, that's enough to carry the Wings a looong way, especially as backup. Him being very good and consistent got the Wings to the Cup finals two years running. I'd take that any day over Fleury's spectacular saves followed by him scoring on himself with his ass.

I saw this on another site. Not sure if there's already links to the clip in this thread.

I'm actually a fan of Keith, but wtf? and how did this not get called? Then the Rafalski penalty, double wtf??

Not that it'll happen because he's the Norris winner, but that elbow is suspension-worthy.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest Heaten

I thought the Wings played like s*** for most of the game, but the better team still won. Also Ozzy played great I hope he keeps it up!

I agree. Wings were sloppy and you could tell it was a back-2-back game early in the season with rust... They didn't seem to play with much emotion either, while Chicago on the other hand were much more pumped (being banner night) and played like they needed this win worse than a game 7 of the SCF just to please the fans...

The better team won and Detroit proved they can win on an off night against a fresh more determined club.

I want to see Hudler getting it going. He showed a few flashes, but didn't break out. I think once he gets going Wings will have a consistent 3 lines of domination and one shut down line. Osgood was solid, he did his job. Nice to see him outplay Turco, but I think we all pretty much knew he would/could.

Getting 4 points on back-2-back openers, and only allowing 2 goals in a 120 minutes while scoring 7 = BEAST TEAM! Keep it up Wings! :clap:

Almost as funny as how you group whole groups of fans based off the actions of some. Or almost as funny as your continued attempt to impress people you will never meet online with an obviously dubbed up vocabulary.

What dubbed up vocabulary? If he used words you don't understand, don't blame him.....go read a dictionary.

I don't understand this reasoning. He did that 26 times last night. They just didn't look difficult enough or something?

There weren't any times where I thought "man, if that wasn't Ozzie in there they would have scored."

He was able to stop the puck, but Chicago did not force that many great plays against him and Kopecky single-handedly ruined the top line.

And honestly if Ozzy stays consistent but not great for the season, that's enough to carry the Wings a looong way, especially as backup. Him being very good and consistent got the Wings to the Cup finals two years running. I'd take that any day over Fleury's spectacular saves followed by him scoring on himself with his ass.

I hope Osgood plays more like this. But I'm not going to label his performance anything other than a solid, consistent performance by our goaltender. There is no shame in saying that.

I agree. Wings were sloppy and you could tell it was a back-2-back game early in the season with rust... They didn't seem to play with much emotion either, while Chicago on the other hand were much more pumped (being banner night) and played like they needed this win worse than a game 7 of the SCF just to please the fans...

The better team won and Detroit proved they can win on an off night against a fresh more determined club.

I want to see Hudler getting it going. He showed a few flashes, but didn't break out. I think once he gets going Wings will have a consistent 3 lines of domination and one shut down line. Osgood was solid, he did his job. Nice to see him outplay Turco, but I think we all pretty much knew he would/could.

Getting 4 points on back-2-back openers, and only allowing 2 goals in a 120 minutes while scoring 7 = BEAST TEAM! Keep it up Wings! :clap:

i agree, i think he seems a little timid and it always going for the pass instead of a shot

drunk larry murphy, is that you?

Guest Crymson

Wow, someone's butthurt about something. Did you have a bad day?