• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingmachine

Wings' Datsyuk has fight fans among Blackhawks

Rate this topic

I dont really have anything against the hawk players, and i really like a few of them like hossa and kane...i just cant stand their fans. So this is pretty cool to read. Kane may be arrogant, immature and like to beat up cab drivers, but atleast he shows respect like he did here...and hossa, well what can you really say, the guy is just awesome all around.

I don't like hossa for this reason. I was at game 7 of the SCF in 09', when he was on the ice all I did was watch him.I thought he was gonna play like he would never lace em up again. He looked like it was some pre-season game. He did not skate hard to loose pucks, did not back check hard, did not play the body. He did NOTHING!!!!! With all that was being said in the media, him leaving the berg to come to Detroit and the fact that it was GAME 7 OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!!!!!!! I don't care if your arm hurts, if your knee is torn up, your mom just died, you gotta sell out on every shift. You HAVE to go all out. And he played like a coward. For this he sucks.

Edited by crispychris

I dont really have anything against the hawk players, and i really like a few of them like hossa and kane...i just cant stand their fans. So this is pretty cool to read. Kane may be arrogant, immature and like to beat up cab drivers, but atleast he shows respect like he did here...and hossa, well what can you really say, the guy is just awesome all around.

This.

also, Kane seems to always compliment Datsyuk's game, even last year after Datsyuk scored that amazing shootout goal on Niemi he was complimentary of the move after the game. I still hate Chicago but aside from a few players I dislike on the team, they got a few classy guys.

“I texted him, no fighting tonight,” Hossa said with a smile

Translation: Please don't beat me up tonight. :lol:

Really dig that Hossa gave him props though. I remember his fight 2 seasons ago when he wore the Winged Wheel and I felt like he really deserved props for that. He probably was jealous Pav remembered to tie his jersey down and he forgot to :P

Translation: Please don't beat me up tonight. :lol:

Really dig that Hossa gave him props though. I remember his fight 2 seasons ago when he wore the Winged Wheel and I felt like he really deserved props for that. He probably was jealous Pav remembered to tie his jersey down and he forgot to :P

I remember that fight. It was the night of my dad's funeral, and I yelled into the kitchen to my mom that Hossa was fighting and she left all my knitting, southern redneck aunts to run in and watch a hockey fight. Then she went back and was all, "Oh, I just don't like it when they fight. I get so worried that one of them will get hurt. We just got that Hossa boy this year. I really like him..." My aunts thought she was nuts.

I don't think that anyone who has played with or against Datsyuk can help but be in awe of him.

I agree its not the players that make it a rivalry its the fanbase of the Blackhawks. They have sucked for soooooooooooooo many years, and they have a little bit of success and think they created hockey or something. And the Detroit sucks chants annoy the hell out of me, especially when we are kicking their asses.

I'm glad that Hossa is still close to the Wings players, he is one of my all time favorites. I'm happy he got a cup finally.

Hossa was a perfect fit for this team with his both end play.

Too bad that salary issues didn't allow Wings to have both him and the mule :ranting:

I've always been fuzzy about this. It was my understanding we offered him basically what Chicago offered him, but he bolted anyway.

As I remember it, we basically had the money to sign him OR Franzen, and Franzen agreed a long-term deal first. I hold no ill-will towards Hossa, he had a terrific regular season, was *this* close to winning the cup, we simply didn't have the cap space to keep him.

I've always been fuzzy about this. It was my understanding we offered him basically what Chicago offered him, but he bolted anyway.

As I remember it, we basically had the money to sign him OR Franzen, and Franzen agreed a long-term deal first. I hold no ill-will towards Hossa, he had a terrific regular season, was *this* close to winning the cup, we simply didn't have the cap space to keep him.

I couldn't get the exact numbers, but the 'Hawks were definitely able to offer Hossa more than the Wings. Something in the range of $12 mil +. The common school of thought is that it was one or the other. Would've loved to have kept Hossa around, but I'll take Franzen any day.