• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Am I the only one who is really disappointed what be brought so far, atm I would much rather have a Asham type player...

How many games are we going to give him until he light it up? It's been 4 games now and he has been more or less invisible.. he came here for secondary scoring but we have yet to see that, I think he needs to start producing ASAP as he's been here for years before he went to Russia and knows the system...can't say stuff like "well he needs to get acclimatized first"....

Edited by mindfly

Am I the only one who is really disappointed what be brought so far, atm I would much rather have a Asham type player...

How many games are we going to give him until he light it up? It's been 4 games now and he has been more or less invisible.. he came here for secondary scoring but we have yet to see that, I think he needs to start producing ASAP as he's been here for years before he went to Russia and knows the system...can't say stuff like "well he needs to get acclimatized first"....

hes been far from invisible.

look somewhere other than a scoresheet for once

Hudler is the reason Kronwall's goal against Dallas happened. Totally invisible.

What else does Hudler do besides score?

Unlike some of the over exuberant posters around here, commons sense told me that Madonna and Hudler are not good 3rd line players. They're not used to being in that role and are both subpar defensively. Also, they're pass first guys, and there's no pure goal scorer on that line for them to pass it to. Not to mention, both players aren't willing enough to play along the boards.

It's early, but I'm sticking to my preseason prediction that the whole line isn't likely to work well.

Edited by GMRwings1983

What else does Hudler do besides score?

Unlike some of the over exuberant posters around here, commons sense told me that Madonna and Hudler are not good 3rd line players. They're not used to being in that role and are both subpar defensively. Also, they're pass first guys, and there's no pure goal scorer on that line.

It's early, but I'm sticking to my preseason prediction that the whole line isn't likely to work well.

There were at least three times, including when he chased down Burish, during the Dallas game where Hudler was the only guy back on defense and he looked pretty good. Modano has always been a good defensive player and in his prime was a Selke candidate, which tells me you just don't know much about him. Both are capable goal scorers as well, it's not like having Craig Janney and Adam Oates on a line together.

There were at least three times, including when he chased down Burish, during the Dallas game where Hudler was the only guy back on defense and he looked pretty good. Modano has always been a good defensive player and in his prime was a Selke candidate, which tells me you just don't know much about him. Both are capable goal scorers as well, it's not like having Craig Janney and Adam Oates on a line together.

Madonna isn't in his prime anymore. He's never been a shut down center, which is what 3rd line centers are predominantly used for. It's not something he'll likely feel comfortable doing.

And anything you say about Hudler is overly biased and wildly unrealistic. He's nothing more than a skilled player that occasionaly plays well when he has the right linemates. He's too streaky and not consistent enough to be relied upon game to game.

Madonna isn't in his prime anymore. He's never been a shut down center, which is what 3rd line centers are predominantly used for. It's not something he'll likely feel comfortable doing.

And anything you say about Hudler is overly biased and wildly unrealistic. He's nothing more than a skilled player that occasionaly plays well when he has the right linemates. He's too streaky and not consistent enough to be relied upon game to game.

First off, coming up with lame insulting nicknames for athletes, politicians, etc. is REALLY stupid and annoying.

Second, it's been four freaking games. Players take time to gel. And (Gasp!) if they don't work on the third line we can always shuffle the lines.

We'd better talk Maltby out of retirement if Hudler's success is all because of his linemates.

As for Modano, he was on Dallas' first PK unit for much of his time there. He's not a 2004 Draper, but neither is Helm.

I've been open about my indifference towards Hudler...That said it's only been 4 games...With the price of gas going up again - I'm gonna give Hudler some time, and wait until late November to light my torch, and run that little monster outta town.

Agreed. As much as I don't like him, give him some time..

id actually love to see hudler on the first line with z and dats. homer isn't bringing it right now, and would do well to replace franzen on the second for the time he is injured. bump eaves up to the third and play helm mursak (abby) miller on the forth line until franzen returns. with cleary gone too, might as well shake it up a bit.

Last game was Hudler's only good game so far. He looked pretty good last night.

Hudler is the reason Kronwall's goal against Dallas happened. Totally invisible.

Really? Is wasn't Bertuzzi's pass? It wasn't that pass that made it 15 feet through a few defensemen and a goalie, it was the pass that made it though nothing and 5 feet away? It was a smart play, but it was hardly "the reason". I wouldn't even be saying that about Filppula.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Really? Is wasn't Bertuzzi's pass? It wasn't that pass that made it 15 feet through a few defensemen and a goalie, it was the pass that made it though nothing and 5 feet away? It was a smart play, but it was hardly "the reason". I wouldn't even be saying that about Filppula.

Its Eva, dude. Hudler should be on the first line and he'll score 100 points..

Guest screwdahawks

What the f*** ya'll want ? He has 2 assists SAME DAMN NUMBER OF POINTS AS Zetterberg who is making 7.750 MILLION! If you wanna *****, then ***** about our s***ty team defense and piss poor goal tending...

Well, he'll probably respond with how Hudler settled the puck down and how his patience drew in the Dallas defenders and adjusted their formation, which supposedly opened up the lane for Bertuzzi to make that quick pass and Kronwall to finish it. But, I mean, also...

Yeah. Don't waste your time.

lets all jump on Hudler... two assists in four games.... I believe another guy has the same amount of points and gets a lot more Ice time and plays with the likes of Datsyuk...

Yes, Like everyone else I want our third line to play better and become very potent and a line that defenses have to worry about, but we have to deal with the fact that the 3 guys on that line all have to gel and get over some humps. Hulder back on NHL ice with NHL competition, not international ice with KHL players. Modano dealing with a new franchise after I believe 20 years. Cleary trying to bounce back from what we all know was a injury riddled season for him.

I believe that they will get and once Hudler starts finding Modano with the passes and Cleary starts crashing the net the goals and assists will start coming...

All three of our lines have the same dynamics.... A passer, A scorer, and A net presence and grinder....

give em time and they will produce... if this is still going on through games 12-15 then we can start wondering and getting on there case....

crash

Madonna? Really? :thumbdown:

Hudler's positioning drew the defense from Filppula and Bertuzzi, creating the lane for Bertuzzi to pass through and allowing Kronwall to slip backdoor. It was an excellent pass by Bertuzzi, but the play was set up by Hudler.

I'm saddened to have to attempt to participate in intelligent debate with you.

Hudler's positioning drew the defense from Filppula and Bertuzzi, creating the lane for Bertuzzi to pass through and allowing Kronwall to slip backdoor. It was an excellent pass by Bertuzzi, but the play was set up by Hudler.

I'm saddened to have to attempt to participate in intelligent debate with you.

Don't feel like you have to reply to me, man :thumbup:

jesus this board has totally fallen off in one summer :ph34r:

we just finished game 4 of 82 get it together everyone.

hudler, along with the rest of the team, will be just fine. babcock will definitely shuffle the lines when it needs to be. right now, its all bout seeing if there is good enough chemistry on the lines.

whats worse is i have seen people fall more victim to other pro sports mentality that if a team loses just the first two games, they are out of playoff contention and its panic time. hell, people make judgement calls after the first game. if a team that is highly rated to win the championship and drop their first game- its all over. its bull.

give hudler (and everyone else) time, once it gets to dec/jan there is some cause for concern. lets not freak out just cause we lost two games in a row.

p.s. who is gonna create the next player bashing thread? just wish someone would think further before they start panicing over two loses in a very young season.

jesus this board has totally fallen off in one summer :ph34r:

we just finished game 4 of 82 get it together everyone.

hudler, along with the rest of the team, will be just fine. babcock will definitely shuffle the lines when it needs to be. right now, its all bout seeing if there is good enough chemistry on the lines.

whats worse is i have seen people fall more victim to other pro sports mentality that if a team loses just the first two games, they are out of playoff contention and its panic time. hell, people make judgement calls after the first game. if a team that is highly rated to win the championship and drop their first game- its all over. its bull.

give hudler (and everyone else) time, once it gets to dec/jan there is some cause for concern. lets not freak out just cause we lost two games in a row.

p.s. who is gonna create the next player bashing thread? just wish someone would think further before they start panicing over two loses in a very young season.

Meh. It's always like this. We're so used to seeing a winning team. The cup changes things including realistic perceptions.