• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/23 GDT: Ducks 4 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

I love the huge goalie debate that is guaranteed at the end of every GDT. People on this forum argue just for the hell of it dont they?

I know. Makes me scratch my head and wonder. I mostly can't even come in here, because win or lose, there's always a goalie debate. I realize that the goalie that played that game is worthy of the thread, but it's the same bunch of folks going over the same tired ground after every game.

I love the huge goalie debate that is guaranteed at the end of every GDT. People on this forum argue just for the hell of it dont they?

We're very competitive here on LGW. There's only so much self-esteem out there and it's every man for himself.

Interesting comments by Selanne. I'm a little surprised he was so outspoken about the officiating.

"He played good for us, he made some stops," coach Randy Carlyle said. "That's two good games in a row. You think we could get more than one power play in this building?"

Selanne also wasn't thrilled with the officiating crew led by referees Frederick L'Ecuyer and Dan O'Halloran.

"It is a joke," he said. "As long as I have played here, it's always happened. You almost know. They get at least three power plays every first period. ... Like 50-50 calls are going to go in their favor. We knew. It's not a secret for anybody. Plus, there's a young referee who's pumped to do the games here. The calls are going to go in their favor."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=301023005

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Should we worry about a suspension for Kronwall?

Suspension for what? It was a clean hit.

Interesting comments by Selanne. I'm a little surprised he was so outspoken about the officiating.

Well I mean... Did the Wings get away with a lot of no-calls or something? They don't play the same kind of style as Anaheim, which is more likely to cause penalties than the Wings style, right?

Seems like anything that involves the head should be a cause for concern. Plus Kronwall has a reputation for leaving his feet and the way he followed through on it always looks bad for him.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Seems like anything that involves the head should be a cause for concern. Plus Kronwall has a reputation for leaving his feet and the way he followed through on it always looks bad for him.

It was a north-south hit, not an east-west hit. There will be no suspension.

Selanne has other thoughts.

Anaheim's Teemu Selanne was slow to get up when Detroit's Niklas Kronwall appeared to catch him in the head with his shoulder.

"That guy is dangerous out there," Selanne said. "One of these days somebody's going to get him, for sure. I know that. It's just a matter of time when. For sure his elbow hit in my face. I didn't see the replay but I know how it felt."

It was a north-south hit, not an east-west hit. There will be no suspension.

That does not matter. All that matters is if he was aiming for his head or not, I don't think he was though even with his shoulder hitting his head first before anything else.

Edited by dragonballgtz

That does not matter. All that matters is if he was aiming for his head or not, I don't think he was though even with his shoulder hitting his head first before anything else.

If the hit on Doughty didn't get a suspension, I can't see how this won would, even in Campbell's f-ed up suspension world.

Guest Crymson

LOL. Right. Let's not forget that infamous goalie interference call a couple of years ago... not to mention the time that O'Halloran allowed Rob Niedermayer to push Hasek into the net in '07. If not for the latter, Selanne may not have his Cup.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=

If you're looking for sympathy, I suggest the dictionary. Somewhere between "s***" and "syphilis"

Meantime, the next time I see Pasha, I owe that boy a hug.

He is on the Ducks. For some reason with all the dumb penalties they have taken since the lockout they expect not to get called more.

It's amazing how often it happens. Either way, cry more all the way back to California while we savor the two points we just stole from your sorry asses.