i won't interrupt your man crush though

You did by saying:

the one part where the other team scored 4 goals

in reply to:

How did Howard have a rough game?

Am I in fantasy land?

I won't interrupt your stupidity show.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

And do what? You can't mess with the top two lines. I'd rather just have them try and get through it and play better than breaking up the bottom pairing lines.

The only other option I'd suggest would be to bench Modano and Hudler when Abdelkder and Draper come back.

I think Homer is replaceable on the first line. Some of the prettier plays are just Z and Dats playing keep away.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

:lol:

Yes it was.

Yeah, I forgot. Anything through the 5-hole is soft and the goalie should be shot.

Wings sort of dominated but one of those nights where you play 56 great minutes and 4 terrible ones.

Kindl has been pretty good all things considered. The 3rd line is disappointing but be patient they are good players just not clicking yet.

Zetter was incredible and Datsyuk was pretty ******* good as well.

Yeah, I forgot. Anything through the 5-hole is soft and the goalie should be shot.

To be fair, Selanne could only go five hole or top corner and you can block both at once form that angle. He played that one bad. He let in one softy, the other 3 were off the post or incredibly tough saves.

Howard wasn't even in butterfly for that goal. It was horribly weak.

Kinda like when Osgood goes into butterfly but instead of putting his stick in the hole he swipes it at the puck. Just a "what are you doing?" play.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

To be fair, Selanne could only go five hole or top corner and you can block both at once form that angle. He played that one bad. He let in one softy, the other 3 were off the post or incredibly tough saves.

Selanne was still moving his skates as he shot though. If anything Jimmy was caught off guard, not out of position.

Wings sort of dominated but one of those nights where you play 56 great minutes and 4 terrible ones.

Kindl has been pretty good all things considered. The 3rd line is disappointing but be patient they are good players just not clicking yet.

Zetter was incredible and Datsyuk was pretty ******* good as well.

Nope, they damn near cost us this game... break up time.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Slow your hyperbole, bro.

In this case Selanne had nowhere else to shoot and he had no one to pass it to either; Howard had plenty of time to square up, too. He should've stopped it; it's okay that he didn't.

Put abdelkader on the third line for starters... don't know what to do with modano, 5mins a night in a 4th line and double shift someone the other minutes as a 4th line center...

I'm willing to give Modano some more time to gel with the third line. The guy has played his entire 20+ year career with one organization, and while personnel and coaches have shuffled in and out of the Northstars/Stars, this is the first time in his pro history that he's adjusting to so much change over such an immediate period of time. I'm talking team, teammmates, environment, coach, offensive and defensive strategies, etc etc etc. He's still not playing Red Wing hockey quite yet and I don't know if benching him or putting him on different lines will fix that any quicker than keeping him with Huds (who's looking a lot like Jason Willaims lately, actually) and Cleary. I expect the second half of this season to be pretty productive for Mikey.

The 4th goal is not the softy that you are trying to make it out to be and none of the other 3 goals had anything to do with Howard. So again, how did he have a pretty rough game? If anything it was average to good and got the Wings two points.

I agree. Its amazing how so many people listen to Mickey and say he is an awesome color commentator. Yet, even when Mickey says that the goal was a "goal scorers goal" and "Selanne picked his spot", the LGW forum members ignore what he says and think Mickey doesn't know what he is talking about.

As a goalie, that was the one goal that I would have felt I should have had. At the same time though, the other 3 goals that the Ducks scored Howard had no chance on. The team really came together and played well.

The Wings are 5-1-1 right now. Less bitching, and more happy from the LGW forum members would be appreciated.

I'm going to say it again: When you give someone who's in the top 20 goal scorers all-time playing the bulk of his career in Dead Puck a breakaway and that much space to pick his shot, you can't fault the goalie.. I don't care if it goes 5 hole, 8 hole, 8 ball, or straight through the goalie like that old Nintendo soccer game.

I'm going to say it again: When you give someone who's in the top 20 goal scorers all-time playing the bulk of his career in Dead Puck a breakaway and that much space to pick his shot, you can't fault the goalie.. I don't care if it goes 5 hole, 8 hole, 8 ball, or straight through the goalie like that old Nintendo soccer game.

In other news: great scorers never have flukey, weak goals. Ever.

Good to know.

Also, he didn't have a breakaway, and it was on a weak angle.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Can I also state that Franzen has a hot stick right now?

He shoots all the time and he scores. All. The. Time. Amazing.

I mentioned this a few pages back but we currently have 5 players that are shooting at least a point per game right now. Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi, and Lidstrom.

Your post has given me hope that there are actually intelligent Wings fans here on this forum. Thank you. :)

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I mentioned this a few pages back but we currently have 5 players that are shooting at least a point per game right now. Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi, and Lidstrom.

Bertuzzi is the biggest surprise so far this season. He looks 10 years younger out on the ice and hasn't done anything ridiculously stupid.